z

Young Writers Society

I'm not witty enough to get a good subject for this

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:20 pm
View Likes
capriciouscoralyn says...

Wahhh, I've just checked out the other threads and noticed that people are so nice here. :3
Anywho, my name is Coralyn. I'm sixteen years old and to be honest, I don't think myself as anywhere near as good when it comes to writing. Although, I did try writing poetry and bits and pieces of short stories and novels, usually revolving around the world-renowned cliche known as love (which is practically the only thing you can get from post-by-post roleplays). On a random note, I love working on characters which are pretty brainsick.

I was hoping on trying to develop my grammar a bit and probably extend my interests on writing other genres despite the fact that for some reason, I keep on sticking to realistic characters. Anywho, I just dropped by here for an introduction and probably few pieces of advice from long-term members of YWS to a newbie like me. :3 Thanks!

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 pm
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Welcome!! Well then you'll surely get lots and lots of help and support for your writing!! I just happen to really love poetry and will be willing to help you out in any way possible. XP I'll drop by your wall later with some links, although you might get some soon, I'm on my ipod and an still getting the hang of transferring links. Sorries for rambling. Anyways, glad you're here! I think and hope you'll really like it here.

It's a great community and great for improving writing. XD

I just wanted to add I really like your name, very cool! XD

Welcome aboard!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:36 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hello Coralyn!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society! If you feel your writing isn't very up to scratch (I'm sure it is anyways), not to worry! If you post some of your work on here you'll definitely get some really cool reviews that can help you with your writing! You can also help other members by reviewing their work- I've found that also helps with your own writing.

You're bound to make some really cool friends here with similar interests to you, I know I have. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'd be happy to help! If you feel it's something more serious you can PM a moderator of the site (their usernames will be in green).

Lastly, I'd like to introduce you to the /Buddy System. It's a club where you can find a mentor and they can help you through the first part of your time on this site- helping you navigate around and giving you tips and such.

Hope to see you around!
-Arc x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:10 pm
View Likes
Sarrasponda says...

welcome
*signs signature*

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:37 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS. Please read and remember them. This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storyteller's section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames.

Light green = Junior Moderator
Dark green = Moderator
Red = Administrator
Orange = Distinguished Member
Black = Nate (the wonderful admin)

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Iggy.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

8 Reviews

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 am
View Likes

thewritersdream wrote:Welcome!! Well then you'll surely get lots and lots of help and support for your writing!! I just happen to really love poetry and will be willing to help you out in any way possible. XP I'll drop by your wall later with some links, although you might get some soon, I'm on my ipod and an still getting the hang of transferring links. Sorries for rambling. Anyways, glad you're here! I think and hope you'll really like it here.

It's a great community and great for improving writing. XD

I just wanted to add I really like your name, very cool! XD

Welcome aboard!

thank you so much for that! i really appreciate it. although, i'm still trying to work my way around here... but until then, i'll be sure to post my poems and hope i get a feedback from it -- although i really suck at it... well, just to know the things i could improve on. (: ohhh, my naaaame. thanks. it took me awhile to get that username out of my system... probably a few hours hahaha (:

8 Reviews

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:36 am

ArcticMonkey wrote:Hello Coralyn!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society! If you feel your writing isn't very up to scratch (I'm sure it is anyways), not to worry! If you post some of your work on here you'll definitely get some really cool reviews that can help you with your writing! You can also help other members by reviewing their work- I've found that also helps with your own writing.

You're bound to make some really cool friends here with similar interests to you, I know I have. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me and I'd be happy to help! If you feel it's something more serious you can PM a moderator of the site (their usernames will be in green).

Lastly, I'd like to introduce you to the /Buddy System. It's a club where you can find a mentor and they can help you through the first part of your time on this site- helping you navigate around and giving you tips and such.

Hope to see you around!
-Arc x

thank you so much for that :3 i reaalyyyyy do appreciate it. wahhh, people are so nice here :3 anywho, i'll be posting any work i have once i get used to YWS. i've also checked out the Buddy System and i'm hoping to find a mentor already. anywho, thanks again! (:

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:11 pm
ImHero says...

I think you would love it here at the YWS. If I where to give you any advice is to look at your work how it is and don't be too pessimistic about it and never beat yourself up because you didn't pass your biggest wild expectation. With that, people are going to nitpick and criticize your work 'til you may no longer find the greatness you had planned in your writing. Weirdly, that is the best thing that can happen to a writer. DO NOT EVER let it bring down your self esteem and paint yourself as failure because you win every second you find that you are not as good as you thought.

If you wish for me to review your work then please either PM me or post in my food for thought thread Judgement Day . With that said I will let you go and hope you have an amazing experience here at the Young Writers Society. :)

Your hero,
ImHero
new profile: profile.php?u=36729

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:17 pm
Jonathan says...

Welcome to YWS.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix