z

Young Writers Society

Oh, hello.

Random avatar

Reviews: 88
Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:24 am
Gummy says...

...Generic introduction is generic. Hey, you know what they say: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Ahem.

Hello, hello to all~

...Wow, this is one huge forum. I'm surprised this username wasn't taken.

Anyway, as for my name? We'll just stick to Pablo, since most English speakers find it hard or awkward to pronounce my last name. (Pérez)

My age? Well, you can see it in the sidebar, I suppose, but for completion's sake, I'll just say it out loud... Or, the internet equivalent of that, you know... As of July 20th, 2013, I am 16 years old.

As you can probably tell by now, I'm of Hispanic descent. To be honest, I'm a full-blooded Puerto Rican. I know, it's really boring not to have any ancestors from other countries and all that... :c

...So I can proudly say that I've been to my fair share of forums, but these were mostly just small gaming communities that were rarely active. This is the biggest forum I've registered to by far. Anyway, my point is that, you know, I know my way around an internet forum... At least well enough to head to the Introductions sub-forum before posting anything else. ^^;

Anyway, crossing "forum experience" off my to-write list... Next we have "About Myself". Let's see, I'll write 10 facts you need to know about me.

1. I'm much more shy in person than behind a screen.

2. I get angry a little more easily than others, and I tend to do stuff I'll regret for years to come under the influence of anger.

3. (Why are you saying bad things? Say something good, for once!) Despite Spanish being my native tongue, I express my feelings much more easily when speaking English. I suppose this is the reason I get along so well with English speakers over Spanish speakers.

4. Although I try my best to write novels, my absolute favorite thing to write is poetry. I love writing poetry, especially those poems with a rhyme scheme and a fixed syllable count. They have this lyrical quality to them that I feel proud of once I finish it c:

5. I try to keep my grammar at its finest at all times to ensure my mind is sharp. So, please... don't get intimidated because I don't use abbreviations or chatspeak in a forum... I'm actually a really nice guy once you get to know me c: (Or so they say)

6. People classify me under the "that guy who gives amazing relationship advice despite not having dated once in his entire life" stereotype. c: (I'm still waiting on Ms. Right, though.)

7. I like to sing, even though I'm bad at it. I find deep meaning in the lyrics, and I often listen to music at full blast to stimulate my thinking.

8. On the topic of music, I enjoy Metal, Classic Rock, and Salsa music. I dislike most anything classified under the Pop genre, and definitely dislike Rap and Bachata... My hate for Bachata is apparently hereditary o.o ...Also, despite hating pop, I've recently taken a liking to K-Pop, what with Gangnam Style, Gentleman, and all that... I took my interest a little further c:

9. I love Anime. My Top 3 series I've watched/followed are Sword Art Online, Sailor Moon, and Detective Conan. Also, on a similar topic, I love any video game with a beautiful story, such as the Fire Emblem series, or the Shin Megami Tensei series (Mainly Persona and Devil Survivor; just bought SMT 4 :c )

10. I want to be a lawyer when I hit college. People often advise me against it, but, hey, sticks and stones, am I right? I was taught to follow my dreams.

That's about it! Any questions, you know where to find me, and thanks for taking your time to read/skim through all this~

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:43 am
niteowl says...

Hi Gummy and welcome to YWS! We have a pretty diverse member base, including a few other Puerto Ricans. I like poetry too, although I tend to go more for free verse. About the grammar thing, we actually try not to use chatspeak in the forums, so you're in good company here. :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:40 am
StoneHeart says...

Sounds like you'll fit right in ;)

Welcome :D
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:28 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS. Please read and remember them. This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storyteller's section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames.

Light green = Junior Moderator
Dark green = Moderator
Red = Administrator
Orange = Distinguished Member
Black = Nate (the wonderful admin)

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Iggy.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:42 am
yubbies21 says...

Welcome, welcome! You and I seem to have a lot in common from what you said above.

I really am quite shy in person, but not here. I do get really angry sometimes and just lash out and do things that I'll regret later. I've tried my hand in novels, but haven't completed one yet, but am constantly writing poetry.
Please do use proper English while here, we stay away from chatspeak here. My friends tell me that I give great relationship advice despite never having dated anyone (Though I do have my eye on a certain young man in my class...).
I'm terrible at singing, but do it when no one is around, and love just listening to the lyrics. And good job for you, following your dreams. All my life, I've been told that I can't become a published novelist, but I'm about halfway through the first one (and I must say, it's pretty good :smt003 , but I haven't posted it here yet.).
Hey, if you're looking a mentor, I'd be glad to help out. I've recently become a mentor with the buddy system (link in my signature).
Any way, hope to see you around real soon! Oh, and I see that it's your birthday! Happy 16th B-day!
beep

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird