z

Young Writers Society

Hey!

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:18 am
JezzaRyse20 says...

Hi guys!
My name is Jezzalynn and I'm rather new here. I also suck at introductions so I apologize in advance if this sounds weird or awkward. Speaking of things weird and awkward, I happen to be VERY weird and awkward. I've been writing since I was in fifth grade but I've always had a rather different idea of fun than most people my age. (Which basically means that I've always found it more fun to read and write than to spend any amount of time in civilization.) I write mainly longer works but I do sometimes write short stories. My longer works vary in genre but most are paranormal romance or YA. When it comes to reading, however, my favorites are all over. My favorite author is Stephen King. I think he's quite possibly the most brilliant man on earth. (Who else could write horror AND an epic fantasy series and not be obnoxious? Only Mr. King.) But J.K. Rowling and Stephanie Meyer are close second and third. Yes, that means that I am both a Potterhead and a Twi-hard. Which is hard for some people to believe. It's true, though. I know almost everything there is to know about both series and I love them equally. At the moment I'm working on a new series. The first book should be done by the end of the year. (If I'm lucky which I'm usually not.)
Anyways, sorry for boring you.
Jezzalynn Ryse
"You don't scare me anymore, Sheldon. In fact...all I feel for you now is pity."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:41 am
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

Hey there!
Nice to meet you!
You know, I've always liked the kind of people who have to explain everything.
Any way, enjoy YWS! Don't be afraid to ask questions, be yourself, and most importantly, may the ink be with you.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:29 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS. Please read and remember them. This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storyteller's section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames.

Light green = Junior Moderator
Dark green = Moderator
Red = Administrator
Orange = Distinguished Member
Black = Nate (the wonderful admin)

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Iggy.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:57 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hi Jezzalynn! Welcome to the Young Writers Society :D

You certainly did not bore me with your introduction, I love hearing around what writing-related things that people like. Paranormal romance sounds very cool, I'm not sure if I've read anything like that before so please let me know if you post anything like that on here! I agree that Stephen King is an absolutely fantastic, and scary, writer (The Shining had me up for many night xD). However, I'm not a fan of either Stephanie Meyer or J.K Rowling (I've never read Harry Potter, shhhh).

I hope you have a really fun time on this site, you're probably going to meet some cool people on here with the same interests as you. If you have any questions please ask me or a moderator (their usernames are in green) of the site and we'd be happy to help!

Please let me know if you post anything on here and I'd be happy to review it. Not only can you get really good reviews on your works, but you can also review other people's work and I've often found that helps with my writing too.

Bye for now,
Arc x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus