z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:48 am
marika1582 says...

My name is Marika. I'm new to the site but not to writing. I'm mainly on this website to talk to other writers. I previously had Livejournal, but due to some personal issues I decided to leave; unfortunately that included not talking to the friends I had on that website anymore. It sounds a bit juvenile, but it was a necessary change.

One of my main issues as a writer is that I need people to talk to in order to work some things out when it comes to plots and characters. It's just easier to have someone else as a sounding board, if you know what I mean. So here I am. I promise I'm a nice person, if a little odd at times. Feel free to PM me, say hi, tell me about yourself, ask me to read your work! I like reading almost as much as I like writing ;)

P.S. To those of you who recognize my avatar, yes, it is, and yes, I am.
「俺だよ!俺俺!」

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:52 am
Willard says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! I am down to talk, so yeah.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:50 am
ArcticMonkey says...

Hi Manika! Welcome to YWS!

Right, if it's more writing friends you're after then you've certainly come to the right place. I agree that to help my own writing, it often helps to talk to other writers about whatever is troubling you ^^.

Here on the young writers society you can post your own work and get great reviews by the other users, or review other people's work, and this works well if you like reading too. Reviewing also can help with you own writing too.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, or a moderator of the site (they are in green) and I'm sure they'll be happy to help. If you're feeling a bit lost, you should (if you haven't already) check out the Buddy System. You can have a more experienced member guide you through the site and help you when needed.

Hope to see you around!
-Arc x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 am
darkangel_05 says...

Welcome to YWS!
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:59 am
Jonathan says...

~Welcome to YWS!~
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:23 am
niteowl says...

Hi Marika and welcome to YWS! You've already gotten a good rundown, so I'll just say let me know if you have any questions and HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:42 am
Veni says...

Hey and welcome. If you ever need someone to talk to just flick me a PM
Prodigies can very quickly learn what other people have already figured out; geniuses discover that which no one has ever previously discovered. Prodigies learn; geniuses do.”

― John Green

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:52 am
Dreamy says...

Welcome to YWS!! :)
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:51 pm
Dakushau says...

Welcome to YWS Marika! It's a pleasure to meet you. And don't worry about sometimes being a little odd, we all are at times.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

You can not put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator.
— alliyah