z

Young Writers Society

New To Here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:55 pm
Callum28 says...

Hey so my names Callum, I am 13 and from England. I love to write and would love to make it somewhere someday. I have been on a couple of similar sites such as:
Figment,
WritersCafe,
But have not been completely satisfied with their activity so I am hoping Young Writers Society will be more, well, busy I guess? So anyway I will read any work in any format, I will review almost anything and I write mainly Gothic, Poetry and Descriptive Short Stories but again; would try anything! So if you have anything I can review let me know here please. c:

So I also have a few questions:
What competitions go on here?
How active is the site?
Average age of writers?
Is it good haha?

So thanks, looking forward to reading and writing!

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:51 pm
Skydreamer says...

Hey! Welcome Callum! I hope you really like it here!

I can't really answer all your questions, but I can tell you it is really, really good. :D

It's a really friendly kind site, where you can get honest reviews on your work, and communicate well with other writers. Very positive, very effective, very fun!

Right now the site is pretty active, in the previous month of June there has been a lot of activity in the storybooks (which you should check out) and with reviewing (which is great!). Right now as more people join, hopefully it will get more active and even more exciting, but it is quite active at the moment. How active in numbers I couldn't tell you but it's pretty active! :D

Average age I would guess to be 16? haha, I don't know, I am 16 though and a lot of people I talk to are, but hopefully one of the JMs or GMs or anyone who knows these things will reply! If you want to know who the JMs or GMs are you can check this out: theteam.php

Also, if you mean busy like lots to do, and to review, you got that right! It's busy like a beehive here in that area, you'll have loads of fun!

Peace out
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:57 pm
KLovelace says...

Hey, welcome! I've only been here for three days, but I like it here a lot. The people are really nice and there's plenty of things to review! People are also really good about reviewing things for you, but it seems like it takes longer for people to review longer things. I have a piece of a novel up that still hasn't gotten any reviews, but I'm sure it will soon because everyone here is so active!
Message me any time if you want something reviewed, or even if you just want to chat! I hope you have fun here!
Current Characters:
none..

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:27 pm
StoneHeart says...

Hey Callum! Welcome to YWS!

So I also have a few questions:
What competitions go on here?
How active is the site?
Average age of writers?
Is it good haha?

For your first question. Well, in compare with figment, YWS has nothing to do with contests, but every now and then a member might host one . . . :D You use reviews and stuff as pay.

If you get going on YWS, let me tell you, you won't stop. Not for a long time! So for the second question: VERY active.

The average age of writers on here really isn't set. If you averaged out you'd probably get about 18, but there are lots of younger kids on here!

For that last question let me tell you that I've been to a number of writers websites, and YWS is the BEST so far!

Anyway! For the introduction!

First off I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System where you can get a senior member to assist you in learning how to use YWS (believe me, there's a lot to it -and keeping the rules is an important thing).

Also, somewhere you might like to look is The F&Q for New Members! Just a quick bit of info on random things on the site!

Anyway! Good luck!

~Black~
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:31 pm
Jonathan says...

Welcome to YWS.

Oy if you need any help or any review send me a PM or post on my wall.

I sure hope you love it here I know I do.

~Jon~
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:12 am
umaima says...

“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln