z

Young Writers Society

Hello peeps!

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:52 am
xweert123 says...

Hello everyone. As you know by my screen name, it is xweert123. I don't mean to jump at you with information, but i'm a young author. (13 to be exact). And in my years of school i've gotten many certificates for my English and Writing skills, and i've also been chosen to meet authors who have come to the school to.. You know, talk; I guess, to the fellow young authors at my school. I'm a little nervous and everyone says this is a nice bunch of people, so i'm looking forward to finding a website like this that i've been searching for my whole life. I'm going to end this topic and hopefully make some friends along the way. :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:04 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS! No need to be nervous, we're a friendly bunch!

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS. Please read them and confirm that you understand them. This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storyteller's section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames.

Light green = Junior Moderator
Dark green = Moderator
Red = Administrator
Orange = Distinguished Member
Black = Nate (the wonderful admin)

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Iggy.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:27 pm
Sins says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS! :D I know you'll have an awesome time here because this is a great website, and it's an awesome place to mak new friends.

I think it's really cool that you've won lots of certificates and what not at your school, I mean, that must mean you're a pretty good writer! I think it's great that you talk with other young writers at your school as well because who knows, you may encourage some of them to start writing and become great writers themselves in the future.

But yes, YWS is a brilliant site and if you ever have any questions regarding the site, don't hesitate to ask me because I will be more than happy to help. :)

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hey xweert123!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society! You seem to have a really big interest in writing so I'm sure that you'll love it here :D. This website helps young writers all over the world to improve their writing through feedback of other young writers! It's great, it's fun to review and get reviews.

I too have met a few famous authors through school like Eoin Colfer and I was supposed to meet Meg Rosoff but I for some reason couldn't go.

Anyways, have fun on the site! If you have any questions feel free to ask, hope to see you around!

-Arc
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:56 am
Rydia says...

Hi xweet,

Welcome to YWS! That's really cool to hear that you've been able to talk to authors already. I was in a similar position once when Beverly Naidoo came to my school and the librarian asked if I wanted to meet her before the presentation that evening. I was too shy to really say much, but I did get a signature from her so that was cool!

I'm sure you'll feel right at home here and I hope you're settling in well. If you need anything at all, just drop me a pm and I'll be happy to help!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:18 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Hello xweert123!

First of, welcome to YWS! Its wonderful to have you here. I'm sure you'll find YWS a great website not only on improvising your English language and writing but also at making some sweet friends!

Second of, its great how you can pull it off on being a good author in your school. Meeting up with authors are also once in a life opportunities and not many people get the chance. But once you do, you do feel kind of great and confident that you can write and that's what one needs! Confidence.

As to needing any clarifications or help throughout the website, as Ignorance said, you can visit the Buddy System or you can shoot me a PM. ^^

I hope you have a lovely journey in YWS! Its a pleasure to have you here!

Have fun!
Mel. <3
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:42 am
Jonathan says...

Hello there welcome to YWS.

Ask me if you have a question just send me PM or post on my wall.

I hope you join a review team :)

~Jon~ :pirate3:
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:54 pm
umaima says...

Welcome to YWS xweert123
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado