Young Writers Society

Brand new member coming through!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:41 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hey Young Writters!

I usually refer myself as Shell Master Tortwag because I LOOOOOOOVE reptiles (especially the armored ones), but you can simply call me Tortwag if the title's too long :D
I'm a 16 years old French youngster who loves writting (one more reason why I'm here lol), reading, playing video games, watching animes, quoting my fav characters, daydreaming (yes this IS an activity), and a few other good or weird hobbies like those. Or at least most people find daydreaming or quoting underrated anime and cartoon characters all the time very weird.
Aside that I think I'll mostly hang out with the Fantasy cathegory, because that's what I like the most^^ LOVE writting and reading about Fantasy, it makes me discover new worlds every time, and I just can't stop doing that. Probably because I've been in close contact with it since I'm... 3 years old? as far as I can remember at least^^

Anyways, cheers everyone! I hope I'll start writting quickly, I haven't tested doing it in English so far and I really can't wait.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:57 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hi there, Tortwag, welcome to YWS!

YWS is a great site to not only get feedback on your own writing but also help other writers by giving feedback to their work. Through this, you can learn so much more, and make loads of cool new friends!

I love writing and daydreaming too! I think I daydream a bit too much actually :P. You say you haven't written in English yet? Yes, there are a few YWSers whose native language is not English, which I think is really awesome. YWS will definitely give you feedback on your writing and help you to improve it! :D

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, or you can ask a moderator of the site (they are the members in green) for guaranteed help. Still though, pretty much every user is really helpful on here.

I hope to see you around, enjoy your time!
-Arc
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:02 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Thanks for the explanation there ArcticMonkey :D
Yes I saw it: some reviews are VERY helpful and almost as interesting to read that the stories themselves: this is the first time I encounter a forum like that since Deviantart^^

Brofist^^ That explains your signature too. "You don't even have to be making a point,
it's just turning your daydreams into sound."
LOVE THIS.
I've been training too, but haven't truly started yet. I really think I'll improve, and find some brand new creative ideas too.
Green Moderators here, got it.

I'll probably be aroundsoon enough, considering summer's coming next week for me^^
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:27 pm
StoneHeart says...

Welcome to YWS Tortwag! ^^

I'z Black.

O.o I didn't know anybody DIDN'T consider daydreaming an activity. An extremely activity none-the-less!

Anyway! I'z gonna take a moment here to introduce you to The Buddy System.

At this club you will find yourself a mentor who can show you around YWS, review your works, introduce you to members, help you with your writing . . . and ANYTHING else!

Cheers!

~Black~
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

40 Reviews

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:33 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Welcome to France! A place where concrete is utopia and dreams are madness.

I just took a look: sounds interesting! Well I'll certainly take a closer gander in this system when I have a decent scheme in hand for my current writting project, thanks for introducing :)
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:53 pm
StoneHeart says...

^^ My pleasure.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:05 am
Hannah says...

A new member with an AWESOME username!

Hi~ Welcome~ I'm Hannah!

Here's my best piece of advice for you.
You need 300 points to post you own first piece of work.
And the secret is that two reviews from The Green Room will earn you 150 points each, and you'll be golden!

As a bonus, you might join The Knights of the Green Room, where if you make TEN reviews from the green room, you become a Knight and earn a fancy badge for your profile~

Anyways, if you have any other questions about how the site works, feel free to PM me, which you can do by clicking on my name (to go to my profile), and then clicking the link that says "Send PM" under my avatar. o3o
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

40 Reviews

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wow, I'm glad you like my Username :)

Well thanks for the welcome Hannah.

Oh, I didn't know that, interesting system here. Well reviewing some piece of works is interesting anyway, so I might as well do that ^_^

Oh sounds cool. Ten reviews, eh? Can't wait to navigate through the certainly awesome stories I might come across on my way to the Green Knights Room. Thrilling system indeed ]:)

Oh don't worry, I'm used to forums, I won't forget to PM you or any other Moderator if I have more questions. Thank you very much :D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:25 pm
Hannah says...

Yep! If everyone just posted works and no one reviewed works, nobody'd be getting reviews, either. We'd all just be yelling at one another and having no conversation or discussion at all. Lame! So we give and we get.

Also, you should declare your squireship soon! Rumor has it we're getting our next big mission just around the corner, here~ :)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 pm
Demeter says...

Hey Shell Master Tortwag!

That's so cool you're French! Do you live in France? I have an aunt and cousin who live in France, in Cote D'Azur! I also studied French at school for about eight years, but I haven't had the chance to use it in a couple of years O:

My native language isn't English either :D I'm Finnish! I've been on YWS for five years now and it has really helped me be very comfortable with speaking and writing English. Hopefully the same will happen to you!

Have fun! ^_^

Demeter
x
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

40 Reviews

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh hi!
:) thanks. Yes I do live in France, in Cugnaux to be accurate, near Toulouse.
Côte D'Azur, PERFECT PLACE FOR HOLIDAYS^^ I was still there from kindergarden until 6 years old. Good times ^_^
I'm not really surprised of that result. And if you don't practice it too much, well you know what happends unfortunatly. And French is such a difficult language, too.

Brofist! Finnish eh? interesting :) Too bad, I don't have that much infos on the country though. FIVE YEARS?! O: now that IS interesting. I've got some chances then for sure, I could already improve a bit by reading some awesome reviews in the green room!

I will! And you guys and gals will as well when I'll start writting and getting better, or at least I hope so :D

All the turtles are related.
— Jack Hanna