z

Young Writers Society

Greetings!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:24 pm
gabriellasloan says...

My name is Gabriella Sloan, but everyone calls me Gab, and I'm brand new to this site. I love to write fiction, but I also write for a newspaper. I am 17 years old and just published my first novel on amazon. I'm really excited to join this website and can't wait to start reading everyone's work!
Call me Gab! I'm new here.
I wrote a book that can be found here!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:41 pm
View Likes
Sapi says...

Hi Gabriella!  Welcome to YWS! :D

That's really awesome! Sounds like you'll have a great time here, and meet lots of people just like you! YWS is a wonderful community.  And- wow! You just published a novel? Good for you! 

There's almost an infinite amount of things you can do on this site.  You can post your own works - of any kind - and also review other people's works of all genres.  There are forums to talk, forums to play writing games, forums for everything, and this great thing called Storybooks, which are writing role-play.  

And also, why don't you check out The Buddy System, where new people can meet up with an experienced member to show them around the site and be their buddy! 

Once more, welcome to YWS! May you have FUN and WRITE!  :P

~Sapi
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

16 Reviews

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:53 am
View Likes
gabriellasloan says...

Thanks for the nice welcome, Sapi. I will definitely check those things out.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 pm
Skydreamer says...

Hey, welcome to the site!! If you need anything tell me, and that is so awesome that you write in for a newspaper! :D My mom was a journalist so I have immense respect for that whole thing. Thinking of making one myself: "The Vantage Point Daily" :P (copyright) haha, anyways. Welcomes! I hope you like it here!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:05 am
niteowl says...

Hi Gabriella and welcome to YWS! Congrats on publishing a novel!

Sapi gave you a good rundown so I'll just give you a nice little welcome gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:37 am
Payne says...

Welcome to YWS, Gab! First off, I just gotta say, much respect to you for publishing your first novel. That's huge! :D Your expertise will definitely be welcome here.

Since you've been here a few days, I just wanted to check in and see how you're finding the place; hope you're enjoying your time here, and not having any problems. :)

Again, welcome to YWs, and hope to see you around.
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

16 Reviews

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:48 am
gabriellasloan says...

Thanks for all the lovely welcome, people! I like you people. You guys are fabulous.

Payne -
Spoiler! :
thank you! I wouldn't say I am an expert in any way, shape, or form, but I do love writing. It's my favorite thing in the whole, wide world. I am still getting into the hang of things. This site is really awesome, in my opinion. I love to read, but I'm still working up to posting something of my own. Thank you again for the welcome! I hope to see you around as well.

niteowl -
Spoiler! :
Sapi did give me a wonderful rundown. Thank you for the welcome gift :D It made me giggle. Thank you for welcoming me and for the congrats! :smt020 :smt019 :smt027 :smt026 :smt029 :smt031

thewritersdream -
Spoiler! :
Journalism is awesome! Props to your mom and yourself. Thank you for the nice welcomes. I am liking it here very much!

Smanks for the welcomes, everyone. :D

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:58 am
Payne says...

Always good to see someone so enthusiastic about writing! If you need help with anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:04 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:08 am
Hannah says...

Hey, Gabriella!
You should have posted the link to your novel so we could easily check it out!
For anyone wondering, it's here! And it looks super interesting.
I'm wondering if you have any plans to offer it in Kindle format?! I'm living abroad in South Korea, so shipping is a million times expensive, but I'd love to check your book out!

Also, feel free to continue your love of journalism around the site. We have our own daily newsletter called Squills, and you can talk to Alfred about becoming a columnist if you haven't already messaged him!

Anywhoo, welcome! Message me if you have any questions~
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana