z

Young Writers Society

New guy here with a new epic series!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon May 06, 2013 9:06 pm
happyslappy13 says...

Hello! You can call me Nate and I am new here. I was persuaded to join by a current member by the name of ladcat13, and I believe I have a great novel to contribute! I have always had this idea, even when I was six and ran around honestly believing I was some kind of hero from another planet. :shock:

This series is a fantasy/sci-fi epic novel called, "Cole's Legacy". It is about a young hero that must face the vast universe to end an ancient war, recover a lost sword, save humanity from possible destruction. He has the help by making a few allies from all races, but makes terrible enemies as well. Prepare to meet creatures that you have never heard of, a new kind of universe, and suspense to tie it all together.

For fans of the amazing TV series Doctor Who, I would recommend this story.
By the time I have posted this, the prologue is already released, but the other chapters are sure to come soon. I would really appreciate to hear what you guys think and to maybe make some friends. :D

Peace out!
"Lelouch Vi Brittania commands you..."

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS, Nate! :D

Doctor Who looks so cool, I want to watch it from the beginning! I've only ever seen one recent episode, with the 11th doctor. ♥

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Ariel.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:18 am
Rydia says...

Hey Nate! You've got the same name as our site owner so I can already tell I'm going to like you. Plus, a doctor who style story? What's not to like. I'll take a look at the prologue in a second and let you know what I think.

I hope you're settling in alright and if you need anything, just let me know.

See you around!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:49 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to YWS happy!

If you like Doctor Who, then you might be interested in this storybook: Doctor Who
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:33 pm
Stori says...

Hello, Nate! What a small universe it is. :wink:

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:38 pm
Hannah says...

Welcome, welcome!

I'm intrigued by the idea of a sword to save the earth. What makes swords so special that they're always the universe-saving weapons? Is it just a nod to the knights of the past? Is there something actually uniquely effective about swords, and if so, why don't we use them anymore?

This is just me thinking aloud. Why'd you choose a sword for your story? (:

Anyway, I'm Hannah and my inbox is always open to your questions! Welcome, one more time~
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:43 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hi Nate!

Welcome to YWS! As previously mentioned, you share the same name as the site founder so brownie points for you! But seriously, welcome to this wonderful site, I'm sure you're going to have lots of fun on here. It's a great place not only to get reviews on your own literary work but help other users by giving comments on their work. Both these things have helped me, and other users, with improving our writing!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. If it's something more serious, ask a moderator of the site, they're easy to spot as their usernames are in green!

I hope to see you around!
-Arc x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:42 am
Jonathan says...

Happy to hear you joined. Ladcat got you to join well I sure hope you stay here. It is awesome.

If you ever need help ask me I am always ready to help. :D
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:43 am
Sarrasponda says...

Welcome to YWS!! :D
*signs signature*

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec