z

Young Writers Society

Hullo

Reviews: 1
Sat May 04, 2013 2:38 am
FinneganYates says...

I suppose I'm meant to come in here and say hi to start with.

Finnegan isn't my real name, it's an alias, hopefully a decent one, I thought long and hard about it.
I like to write science fiction first and foremost, though I am open to other genres of course.

I'm into the idea of writing to make people think. Opening up people to new concepts is something I really enjoy.

Oh and if anyone knows what my avatar is from, I will personally congratulate that person within this thread.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sat May 04, 2013 10:56 am
Noelle says...

Hi!

It's so nice to meet you. I think you're alias is creative. Much more creative than mine (Noelle :/). Anyway, welcome to the site! I dabble in some science fiction myself. Is there a specific thing you like to focus on? Like robots or dystopian stuff? Come to think of it, I'm not even sure what exactly science fiction entails...but I've written some XD

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the time you spend on the site! If you have any questions or you just want someone to talk to, don't hesitate to post on my wall or PM me. I like meeting new people :)

**Noelle**
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun May 05, 2013 8:18 am
View Likes
Sapi says...

Hi there and welcome!

I'm Sapi. Your username is great, I love the name Finnegan! xD So yeah, welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll love it here, it's a really awesome site! It's pretty addicting, actually. And it's just a great, friendly community here, so have fun. :)

Right, so, if you need any help finding your way around or you want someone to just stick with you for a bit to get you on your feet here, you might want to check out our buddy system. It's basically where new people can find a mentor to help the, out, review their works, or introduce them to users they might get along with. You can find a list of mentors here, and I'm sure you'll find a perfect match:

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/1127/forum/71154

I am also a mentor, although I'm not a pro at writing longer fiction, I'm more of a poet. XD But, I really like science fiction, especially dystopia/utopia and that kind of stuff. What other kinds of writing do you like? Any favorite hobbies?

Anyways, welcome once again and if you have any questions, contact me and I's be happy to help! Have fun writing! :)

~Sapi
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon May 06, 2013 9:43 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS, Finnegan! :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:40 am
View Likes
umaima says...

“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:08 am
Jonathan says...

Hullo to you too I hope you feel welcomed remember if you wants help or want a review just hunt me up and ask i am always happy to help. :D

WELCOME TO YWS
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World