z

Young Writers Society

Hola!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:45 pm
beccaZ says...

Hi! I'm new here! My name is Becca, and I do not speak Spanish!
I am 16 and a junior at my high school. I am in the band at my school where I play the flute; I am also currently "attempting" to play the Marimba, which is a large xylophone.

I spend my "free time" at band practice, doing homework, at band, writing, reading, did I mention band? I am also very active at my church and go to youth group every Sunday.

I like to write fiction, and that is what I spend most of my time reading! My favorite books are Harry Potter (1-7), The InkHeart books, Devoured, The Eragon books, and To Kill a Mocking Bird.

I hate History, my favorite classes are my English or Journalism classes. I don't like math, but I'm not horrible at it.

I work on the News Paper at my school, and that is another activity that takes up most of my time.

So yeah, now you know a bit about me! Hi, Hola, Bonjour! Nice to meet you!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:15 am
Meshugenah says...

Eee! Band! I miss spending most of my spare time at band. Well, mostly miss it, anyway. Band-geek squealing aside, welcome to YWS! Hope you're enjoying the site so far!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 pm
Searria H. says...

Hi there, Becca! :smt039 Welcome to YWS! I'm Searria, but most people just call me "Sea." *shakes hand enthusiastically*

I'm an orchestra girl myself. But we do a lot of full orchestra music with our band. :) Sometimes I wish I could take my cello apart and fit it into a little box like you flautists. ;)

Ah! To Kill a Mockingbird! Wonderful book, that. :)

Yeah, I'm not much one for history either. I've found that trying to think of it as a story makes it a little more interesting. :D

Anyway, welcome to YWS! Let me know if I can ever do anything for you. :D

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:51 pm
View Likes
Cspr says...

Hey, Becca! Welcome to YWS. I'm Cas, a mentor here. If you need any help with anything, I suggest you go to these two places: (1) viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20053 and (2) clubs/1127.

Otherwise, I have never been very musically inclined, but I love music itself and I was a dancer for awhile, so I do have quite a respect for you lovely musical types. ;)

Otherwise, To Kill a Mockingbird is a fantastic book, rightfully a classic, and, of course, Harry Potter is the bomb, right?

Personally, I like History. It's a bunch of stories, really. But, speaking of stories, what do you write, mostly? Just fiction in general, or do you like certain genres?

Otherwise, did you know YWS has its own newspaper? It's called Squills! Here's a link to our club: clubs/1580 Feel free to message Alfred if you'd like to help out. :)
My SPD senses are tingling.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:13 pm
Stori says...

Hey, Beca. Welcome to the insane asylum community that is Young Writers Society. I'm not terribly musical, though I used to play hand drums.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 am
HostofHorus says...

Hey Becca! Welcome to the site! Seeing as how you like to write, I guarantee you're going to like it here. (Imagine a Men's Warehouse impersonation there). Cspr already mentioned the club clubs/1127 . Here you can ask for a mentor if you would like one. I happen to be one of the mentors available, so if you find me at all intriguing, shoot me a message! Sounds like you really love music :P I play the guitar, piano and vocal chords. I LOVE a capella music. :) If only I had stayed in band... then we could be like... band buddies! Anywho, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:59 am
MiaParamore says...

Becca! :)

Welcome to YWS! It's an honour to have such a delightful addition to our family. I hope YWS helps you grow as a writer and a person, and also that you'd teach us loads, too.

First of all, wowww! You're super active at school. I really adore this about you. I really think school is the time when you can do so much at the same time. So, good luck with everything.

Tell me, have you finished any novel? I mean, finished writing one? I haven't, and it's a dream of mine to. So, lets see when I can finally finish a novel and be proud about it.

Also, it's best to review people's work if you want to get yours reviewed. Plus, it helps you grow as a writer.

So, all the luck! (y)
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm
beccaZ says...

Hi! Cspr, I mostly write fiction or fantasy. I have tried historical fiction, but my dislike of history is a bit of a problem there. I like to make new worlds and creatures, so yeah, that's my strong point.

MiaParamore, I have "finished" writing a novel, but it has never made it past the horrible crappy version that I first wrote. But that is mostly because I hate it.

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes’! I think I'm going to like it here.

:D

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:52 pm
Cspr says...

Like realistic general fiction as well as fantasy, or did you skip a word? ;) But, yes, fantasy is just fantastic. World-building and creature-creating is fun, yes.

My first novel is the same. -hides it in a deep, but dry, well- I love it, the idea of it, but the writing is so horrid and such, it would be terrible for it to see the light of day now that I'm not twelve. XD

I sincerely hope you do, Bec. :)
My SPD senses are tingling.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:41 pm
Iggy says...

Greetings and welcome to YWS! I see Cspr has already introduced you to The Buddy System. I'd love it if you would go check it out! We're always thrilled to help out a newcomer. ;)

Cheers.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:01 pm
umaima says...

Hey rebecca,
Welcome to YWS (though I am quite late in wishing you) I am sure you have been enjoying here. If you need any help then be sure to inform me, I would be glad to help
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm
Jonathan says...

Welcome to Young Writers Society if you ever have anything you need or want then ask me and I will do what I can to help. :D
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus