z

Young Writers Society

Just joined, Hi :)

Reviews: 4
Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:14 pm
PersephoneMary says...

I'm Mary, 16. Wanted to be a writer since I was like 5 maybe? haha, tend to write novels, unpublished clearly lol. But I must have about 30 written down and started, about 10 of which are finished and another 50 ideas in my head lol. Write poems and short stories on occasion, but it's not my deal really. Live in a dull corner of the UK so i guess writing is my way of having something exciting in my miserable little life :) Fantasy id always better than reality. Besides all that i draw (portraits and clothing designs mostly). And if I don't make it as a writer (or maybe even if I do) I'd like to be a costume designer for a theatre :) I love clothes :) hehe. Well thats me I guess, although i should warn you that any pause in a conversation will be filled with me talking, probably something to do with music as i have a slight obsessive problem in that area, so if you want to talk to me be prepared to talk :) haha, toodles!
Mary
Mary x

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:38 pm
Mikko says...

Hi there Mary! Welcome to YWS!

I hope you like it around here and that you get around easily. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of things so in no time you will be wandering the streets of YWS all on your own!It's great that you've joined this site because it will help you grow in your writing. Through reviews and tips, you can only keep on improving!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around - we're nice people who don't bite and we're ready to help you around! There are all sorts of forums on this site that will help you out with not only your writing but helping you to make friends with others and enjoying your time on here.

Here's the link to the Answers to Questions Everyone Has. it's very helpful and should answer just about any question you have on the forum and how everything works. We've also got writing tips if you need any or if you have any, because we're all here to share!

There's also the Lounge where you can interact with the other members and have fun sharing with the rest of us.

Omg, costume designer? That is so cool! I love clothes too so that's a topic we can talk about! And music? Music is one of my all-time loves ;D If you'd like to talk with YWSers, this would possibly be the best place for you!

What kind of things do you like to write, like what genre? What inspires you to write?

I hope you enjoy yourself and that as you discover the site, you become as addicted as the rest of us!

Happy writing!

Peace,

- Mikko.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:48 pm
qaralynn says...

Hai there and welcome to this awesome site! 8D

I see that my awesome mikkosister has already given you a lot of links and advice so I'm just going to stick to saying hi and nice to meet you! XD

I hope you'll have an awesome time here and if you have any questions at all or just want to babble, you can always come crash me =) <3

I'm sure you'll like it over here and yus..become addicted like the rest of us because this site is filled with awesome people who can really help you with improving on your writing.

*huggles*
<3
"If they can't be with you at your worst, then they don't deserve to be with you at your best."
-Murtuza-

"Even though a ship won't sink at sea, it needs to be steered to get home."

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery