z

Young Writers Society

Who's that newbie in the corner? Oh wait, that's me.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Hey there!

My name is Carina, and although some people think it's weird to go by your real name online, I just can't stand to go by pet-names like "TheCoolGirl101" or "MissAwesome97."

At the moment I am fourteen; just a freshman in high school. (Oh, you smell that? The fifteenth year for this girl is less than a month away!) However, I've written short stories and other pieces since I was, eh, about ten or eleven. (And I daresay that it was the ugliest piece of crap I had ever seen in my life.) Just this past year I started to get serious into writing, and since I'm that kind of person who gets frustrated so easily without feedback or support, I've been looking all over for a site just like this.

And, since I'm at it here, I'll flat-out say I've tried two sites--one of which is FictionPress.com. Frankly, I wasn't impressed with that site.

Ahem. Anyways. I don't want to bore you here, so I'll make a proper introduction.

I live in the middle of Nowhere near the Windy City. I brush my teeth until my gums bleed. I am a full-on mutt when it comes to race. My friends come up to me and demand that I correct their papers, and when I do, their paper is filled with so many red marks you can't tell what is what anymore. I go to the library at least twice a month to pick up exactly three books, but sometimes I secretly sneak in another visit. English is not my first language, but the years have been long and I forgot my first language. I play the viola, and prepare to be haunted in your dreams if you don't know what that is. I am someone who procrastinates all the time (ALL the time!), and if I don't have any naggers, I forget what I'm even supposed to do. I keep a notebook around me in case an inspirational spark comes into my mind, and then I quickly jot it down.

I'm a sucker for sci-fi and realistic-fantasy (you know, the fantasy with no mythical creatures like vampires and such. Is there even such a thing? Well, there is now).

That's pretty much it. I have good thoughts for this site, and I can't wait to get started.

Oh, and my cat's a ninja. She's staring at me right now.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:03 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

Hi Carina, welcome to the site!

You may have discovered that we're going through a bit of a renovation period at the moment but do bare with us because this place is awesome and you'll be dazzled when you see the old beauty restored to her full might (and then some).

Also, I swear all cats are secretly ninjas. Mine has a way of sneaking up on me that is just not normal. No creature should be as stealthy as that. It makes me realise just how scary one of those adorable Jaguars or tigers could be!

I'm a fellow fantasy fan, though I go in for the not so realistic fantasy as well, but I get what you mean by 'real' fantasy. I think it's generally called 'magic realism'. So there is such a thing!

Anyway, if you've got any questions or need any help at all, just drop me a pm and I'll happily be your YWS tour guide. Until then, enjoy your stay!

Heather xxx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:53 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi TheCoolGirl101! Oh, it's MissAwesome97! Oh wait, so you go with the name 'Carina', eh? Well, I LIKE it!

Hey Carina, Alfred here! A big welcome to YWS! It's great that you would like to develop your writing talents. Oh, and about the 'crap' thing, I'm sure they were great; if you could, you can post it here so other writers can comment on it :D

Hey, so without further ado, I'll give you a Greeter Message.

May we meet at another time here at YWS!

With lotsa love,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:01 am
View Likes
AquaMarine says...

Well hi, and welcome!

I'm Amy, and it's very nice to meet you. You seem rather awesome. I loved the whole 'realistic-fantasy' think - that's what I'm trying to write at the moment, and it's fun. Often I'm not a huge fan of some fantasy, but I love works with an element of the surreal in them.

If you want feedback, you've obviously come to the right place! ;) If you ever want a review, feel free to send me a PM - it sounds like your work would be fun to review. Also, if you ever just need some help you can always let me know.

See you around. Have fun!

Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:41 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Thanks guys!
Though I, like, completely forgot I made this thread. What can I say? I got a little busy making my first few reviews and setting up stories. I love this site already.

Yep, I've been lurking a lot to know that people are talking about this shiny new look. It could explain why people are talking about blogs and comments and points, and I'm just here all, what in the world are they talking about.
Bleh. I just wish I found this site earlier. -.-

Anyways. Glad to know that I finally found a place where I could dork out on--I'll use the spiffy new term now--magic realism.

I'm still getting the hand of this site--waah, I feel like everyone knows each other and I have no idea who anyone is--but I'll appear here and there.

If there was an award for being a lurker, I'd win first prize. winkwink.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Reviews: 1
Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:35 pm
mvb627 says...

Hey! Im mvb627,and welcome to YWS!!! I know when I first came to YWS, the chatroom helped me meet people.
Kirby is my friend!

(o.o) <----- Raccoon is watching you.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:04 am
View Likes
Omni says...

HEY CARINA! Welcome to YWS! I don't think you'll like it here, though. There are a lot of stalkers here (@Ignorance @VeerenVKS) who would love to stalk you, so be wary of them, very wary ;)

Other than that, I think you'll need a lot of time to get used to this site. Maybe about a year or so. Then you'll become a JM and stuff. Or you know, just disappear forever, whichever you like.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:30 am
View Likes
Carina says...

You're a couple days late.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:40 am
View Likes
Omni says...

It's the thought that counts, right?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:49 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Thread locked. 8)
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:39 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Look who can still post in it, regardless of locked!

@Aquestioning, you're the stalker, not me.

Okay, bye.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:04 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

I have good thoughts for this site, and I can't wait to get started.

Well said!

Welcome to YWS, @Carina! I hope you find your time on YWS enjoyable - we're an interesting bunch of writers here, sometimes even a little chaotic with chickens and bananas and quests for dragons, Whoops! I mean lots of writing pursuits!

Anyways, I have to say I am disappointed you decided not to go with your second and third username options, ""TheCoolGirl101" or "MissAwesome97."" those sound so fun, and so you! You're in luck though! If you contact one of the GM's (they have slimy dark green usernames, like @IcyFlame @Plume @Spearmint @SilverNight @loosleaf) you can get that username changed right away if you'd like.

If you need help deciding on a username @creaturefeature and @fatherfig have a lot of experience changing their usernames too.

Also if you notice anything getting too chaotic on the site, or run into spam, or find a goose running across your dinner plate I suggest immediately contacting someone wise like @Meshugenah, @Snoink, @BluesClues, @Elinor, @keystrings, @Hijinks @Iggy @Liminality or @niteowl! They're all DMs and/or admins and have been around the site for a while!

Oh also, I strongly recommend checking out the Roleplay side of the site - it seems right up your alley! Usually it involves making a lot of jokes about YWS Santa and third wall breaks. Or is it fourth wall? I can never remember, but @Omni @Shady and @soundofmind can probably give you more info on that.

Hope that helps! Welcome again!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:13 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Hey @Carina, be sure to go to me with any GM username needs, I learned from someone very cool 8)
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:04 am
View Likes
Shady says...

oh noooo, who unlocked this threaddddddd--

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

147 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:07 am
View Likes
Carina says...

HAHA WOW HOW DID THIS THREAD GET LOCKED AGAIN IT'S A MYSTERY
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller