z

Young Writers Society

Hello, starting with Essay Topics

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 pm
Drizzles says...

Hi everyone,

Call me Drizzles :D . I'm 23 and English is my second language. I'm making a challenging to myself and I will be very excited if you help me, I really need your help :smt031 . Starting from 1st, Jan, 2012, and for a whole month, I will be posting an essay everyday :smt024 . I will be choosing the topics of the essays from your suggestions here. :smt023 In addition, I'd really appreciate your suggestions, corrections, critical analysis and your opinion about my essays. And please tell me where can I post the essays and if I should post them in one post.

I will do my best to stay committed to this challenge :smt026 . If I show any sign laziness or carelessness :smt015 , please make fun of me! (: Thank you.

Best regards,
Drizzles

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:32 pm
Rosendorn says...

Heya!

Good to know you're willing to dive right into writing and posting! For essay topics, you might want to start a thread in The Lounge to get suggestions. A thread there is visible for longer than in Welcome. :)

Also, in order to receive reviews, it's best to give them! ^_^ You give reviews by going to the Read/Write tab, picking a forum you'd think is interesting, finding a thread that looks interesting and reading the story in the first post. Once you've read it, just hit "post reply" at the side or bottom of the thread to give your feedback! It's as simple as saying what you liked/didn't, and why you liked or didn't like something. :)

As for where to post your essays, I'd suggest General Articles. But, remember, review lots to make up for all the posting you're doing. ;)

Hope to see you around the site! :D PM me if you need anything.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:00 pm
Drizzles says...

Thank you Rosy!
You're right and thank you for your help!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:11 pm
LadySpark says...

Hi Drizzles! I'm Drama <3
Like Rozeh said, if you need essay topics, it's best to post in the lounge!

You're seeing YWS as a half redone site, and some of the things that we had before aren't back yet! Our wonderful site-creator and head man, Nate has been re doing the site for us! So you're lucky! You get to get used to YWS in this form, and take the new things after getting used to it!

Anyway, your challenge is so cool! I respect you for your goal. I would never be able to do that! I struggle writing WEEKLY essays for school... XD. It's great to see you're so open to reviews and critiques too! :)

But remember, since you're going to be posting so often, to do lot's of reviews. Before the site got re done, we had a point system, and Nate's probably going to put it back in. Back then, we had to have 100 points to post something, and it took either two reviews or greets to get 100 points!

So, review review review!

/says the girl who didn't review for a month/
Don't follow my example, XD.

Anyway, enough of my silly ramblings! Good luck on your challenge, and if you need ANY help, just shoot me a PM, or-- post on my wall.

Hope to get to know you better!
~Drama
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew