Young Writers Society

I Am New Now Bow To Me!!

Reviews: 2
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:16 pm
View Likes
OmarEhab says...

Do you really have to bow?
No.
Hello everybody I am Omar! I am almost 15 (let's hope I do reach 15 or else!) and I live in Cairo. If you don't know where cairo is just open cnn. I was born in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. I am a soccer player. The ONLY writer in my school and a complete Potter Nerd. I have a strange sense of humor as you see and my best friend or my brother is Ahmad-Blues! Wave to the world Macster. I love Greek mythology. Go poseidon (Imagine this in caps.)
.... Eh... sorry for that random comment but thats just me.
And no I am not ADHD.
Isn't ADHD something like Awesome Dude Here Dying or something?
Anyway Back to me!
I am awesome but I am not dying.
Enough corny jokes right?
Yeah, anyway I am READ A LOT! But I have some anger problems.
.... Considering I write about assassins I just gave them all my info. Yep so if you find my body washed up in the nile or something please give my PS3, My house, my bank account, my job, and everything i own to Mac. Oh and please do not leave my mw3 and black ops games with my smaller brother

This is the will of Albus Dumbledore.

Told ya I am a nerd :smt002
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:24 pm
Justagirl says...

Hi there, Omar!

Nice to meet you, I'm Justagirl (or Just. Or CupCake, according to many here on YWS), and WELCOME (Oooh, look at the pretty caps).

Just gotta say that it's super awesome you were born in the US and are now in Egypt. I wish I could do that.... XD

No worries about your so-called 'nerdiness' there are also many nerds on here. Except, they are accepted as "normal" XP So, I'm sure you'll be just fine.

If you have any questions, obviously, ask MadDisco (your brother, Ahmad... I call him MadDisco though. Um, long story - maybe I'll tell you later) or someone whose username is in green or red (they are moderators, junior moderators, and administrators) or me (because I mostly know my way around the site ;) ).

Anyways, welcome! And I hope to see you 'round :)

-Just
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:25 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Jack!

Guys, this is my best friend of all time, Omar, but I sometimes call him Jack :)

Anyway. I'm gonna go all official telling you all about what you need to know :)

1. I told you this on MSN, so you know about no chat speak and the grammar and no caps etc :P

2 . Basically, to make sure everyone doesn't keep posting their work without doing their bit, there's a point system - 100 points to post a work and you get up to 50 when you review one. A review one can be as in-depth as you like, but all it is, is saying 'I like/dislike this work. I enjoyed these bits, and to improve, I think you should do X' etc. You should know from TWCG :D

3. Feel free to jump right in! There's so much to do. You can go on review frenzies, review, post art, join clubs, blog, story book (I've mentioned that) etc. It's great!

4. YWS is going down tomorrow and the day afterwards. After tomorrow night or on the 22nd, it'll reopen with a great new look which we've all been waiting for!

If you've got any questions, I'm here :) If I'm not online, ask anyone. Someone in green or orange or red are the mods and are the people who keep everything in check - but they're really nice and'll be glad to answer questions!

Mac

P.S. that's Justagirl there - she's a close friend and a great person, Omar :)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:45 pm
View Likes
Seraph says...

Welcome! I love this person already!
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:23 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Marry me.

Just kidding!

Anyway, I'm Drama and I'm delighted to meet you. I like to consider myself a fan of Jazzy (or Ahmad) his duck avatar is something to be admired.

Anyway, nice to meet you and if you need ANY help, just let me know! Hope to get know you in the future!

8D
Drama
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:42 pm
AquaMarine says...

'Sup, welcome to YWS!

I'm Amy, one of the Junior Moderators aboard YWS.

Is your family Egyptian or did you move there for another reason? How long have you lived there? I have a friend from Egypt and others from the general Middle East area and ... well, it certainly sounds interesting! Cairo must be crazy to live in. :)

You'll be at home here. Plenty of Potter Heads (why not check out the Hogwarts Express club, by the way -- I run it and I've been meaning to do some cool stuff there). Many, many nerds. Also, huge Mythology fanbase! Greek mythology is wonderful - why is Poseidon your favourite? Honestly, I just watched Hercules which has exacerbated my love for all things Greek slightly ... :wink:

Anyway, enough rambling. I really hope you enjoy your time on YWS (although it will be going offline!) If you need anything -- an answer, a review, a chat -- drop me a PM! :)

See you around,

Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:21 am
RileyStone says...

Hey man, I'm Riley. Also a total Harry Potter fanatic (and Tom Felton fangirl!). I think we would get along, my sense of humor is..."special". Or so I've been told. :wink: Anyway, just curious, but how did you end up in Cairo? Seems like kinda scary place to visit at the moment.
Who do I belong to?
Not earth, not world
Not evil, not
mortals
Not wretches, not horrors

-- Project 86

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:27 am
AlfredSymon says...

As Salaam alakum, ezayko!

Alfred Symon's the name! You must be the guy Ahmad was talking about. So you guys are Egyptians, huh? I believe the Egyptians hold more history than strawberry jam. Just for the record, I love your name, I can't imagine a person with the name 'READ A LOT'. And their all capital letters! I never thought names can be allcaps!

Anyways, welcome to YWS! I'll send you a Greeter Message, my ow version of welcoming new members, in a few moments. Read the message carefully! It might help you on some way!

So what're you doing there sitting? Stand up, walk around, smell the flowers and give me a story to review!

Your greeter for today,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:06 am
View Likes
Alpha says...

SparkOfDoubt wrote:....
Marry me.

Just kidding.

Omg the irony xDD

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:09 am
View Likes
OmarEhab says...

I find it ironic that I end up meeting Matt, and then I actually get to know him like 2 years later. XDD @Seraph

@Alpha I know, right! But, @Sakuragirl1 pointed it out before you did, like 2-3 weeks ago. XDDD

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 pm
Seraph says...

C'est la vie. xD
"At this very instant, I augment the spacetime that permeates and weaves our beings."

Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:40 pm
View Likes
OmarEhab says...

Marry me.

Just kidding!

Anyway, I'm Drama and I'm delighted to meet you. I like to consider myself a fan of Jazzy (or Ahmad) his duck avatar is something to be admired.

Anyway, nice to meet you and if you need ANY help, just let me know! Hope to get know you in the future!

8D
Drama

I totally accept to marry you, by the way.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:35 pm
Paulie says...

Hello Omar!

I am also new here and still trying to find my way around.

If you ever want me to review any of your stories/poems/ideas about the harry potter series/etc. just ask.

Welcome :)

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:02 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

This thread is hilarious xD

I love how I still called you Jack >>

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:53 pm
LadySpark says...

OmarEhab wrote:
Marry me.

Just kidding!

8D
Drama

I totally accept to marry you, by the way.

Hahahaha idk why I just saw this, but marriage with you is lovely.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

“I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables