z

Young Writers Society

Hi I'm new

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:04 am
Misty says...

For the record, I'm Misty, *but I go by my first and middle name* I'm fifteen years old and...I live in the state of Washington. I've been seriously writing for about a year now, and I used to be an avid member of Real Kids. About a week ago they kicked me off for having an "alias" but what they didn't know was that I really didn't have an alias, the guy they thought I invented is actually my best friend. :D Oh well. But I'm not welcome back there so I have to post my stuff somewhere else. Sam said this is a great website so here I am! Uh...at the other site they thought I was like a real leader or something, but I never thought I was. I just thought I was...well...Misty, you know? So I hope I don't come across as bossy or moody--although I am somewhat bossy AND moody. I'll try not to be. Please read my stuff! Since I've only been at this seriously for a year, I need all the help I can get. This is a paragraph I wrote about myself, hope it will help you get to know me!

She was incredible. Her brother pronounced it that day, when she paid for thirty-five dollars worth of clothes in one-dollar bills at Shopko. Everyone knew it. She was the girl who walks down the halls in knee high boots, funky socks, skirts, and tee shirts. During the first week of school alone she heard the punch line “If I can tell you what your real hair color is, can I have my dog back,” enough times to count it on her fingers and toes. She was the girl who primped up her hair for two hours with the straightening iron only to try on six woolen hats at the mall. The girl who wore her girliest clothes on the Biology fiend trip on dirt, only to jump in the swamp. Everyone in school knew her name, but her closest friends didn’t call her by it. She was Swamp Thing, Foggy, or even just plain Ditzy. She didn’t get the jokes that her friends told for five minutes, and then she would start laughing hysterically. She had a crazy laugh, a mix between Goofy, Donald Duck, and Evil Villain. She knew it was crazy, but when she started laughing she couldn’t stop. Her friends egged her on by making jokes along the way, so that by the time she could stop, she’d laughed off all of her make-up. She had an incredibly easy smile that was most often accompanied by her wild laugh and soft features. Her hair was brown, shoulder length, and layered, but she curled and twisted and contorted it until it was funky and sweet, exactly how she liked it. She was short, but carried herself with pride, and in that way, she was tall. Although she was wild, crazy, and nearly unpredictable, she was self conscious, abnormal, different. Sometimes she sarinated herself in that abnormal sense of self, and other times she shied away from it, as though afraid of the wild thing that she was. Wild, but sheltered. In any case, she was incredible. Everyone knew it. But sometimes, she wondered if they meant it as a compliment...

haha. I like that. Ttyl,

Misty Lynn

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:26 pm
Chevy says...

your name sounds so....mystical,lol.
anyway, im morgan...i'll be fifteen in less than three weeks! im kind of a laid back not-so hyped up person. i play guitar and i like cars (obviously). ive only been writing poetry for a year, so i seriously know how you feel! anyway, YWS is the most awesome writing club im a member of...hope you enjoy and i hope you stay. :lol:
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:31 pm
niteowl says...

I already pmed you your welcome gift so don't expect another one!

In fact, I think I should pm all my welcome gifts from now on, it's so much easier that way.

Anyway, this place rocks! I know you'll love it here.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

493 Reviews

Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:34 pm
Misty says...

Yeah, I'm native american, and my mom thought that was a cool native name without being too...abnormal. I love it too. It's cause she heard the name Misty at a Pow Wow, when I wasn't born yet, and her middle name is Lynn. I think it's a sweet name. Thanks for the gifts, and for welcoming me here! I appreciate it. It's good to feel welcome! :D I haven't figured out how to use the cool smilies you gave me, but when I do I'll use them, too. Bye for now,

Misty Lynn

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:57 am
Sabine says...

Thats quite and introductory paragraph you've got there. :D it like it. I'm new to the group too, but it seems like a welcoming place. I hope you like it here. What tribe are you? I'm Cowlitz plus little bits of other things. Anyhow, welcome. :D .

Sabine
"magic is a flick of the wrist, a shaft of light in an empty room
it is the permanence of objects
in endings and transformations
and the flicker of movement, half seen
from the corner of your eye"

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:52 am
Nate says...

Welcome to YWS Misty! Although we've already talked through pm :D

Also another welcome to Sabine! If you ever need any help, feel free to pm either me or one of the moderators in the Big Brother group.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:20 am
ZZAP says...

:roll: Yea, what he said!

Soooo, once I get my fellow members done with their tests, I will let you know what's up. As of now, just sit tight and wait for your fellow lazy members. :shock:

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:52 am
Tara says...

Welcome, salutaions, hola, hi hello, bon jour, aloha, and all of that. I'm Tara. Glad you could join YWS. I'm here if you have any questions, and will help in any way I can. I haven't got much to say...so I'll just...slink away and hope no-one notices.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

493 Reviews

Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:44 am
Misty says...

I'm Shoalwater Bay. It's a coastal tribe. Thanks for the welcome!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:45 am
Sam says...

hey misty! obviously I know who you are...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:52 am
Bobo says...

Hi I'm Paul!

I mean, no, I'm not Paul, I'm Bobo. And that is my name. Honestly! Even people not online call me that! So anyways, welcome, people!

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:26 am
Tara says...

And what if we all decided to cal you something else? :twisted:

Bobo, you have now been added to my list of people who I have nic-names for thier ni-names. You shall henceforth be reffered to by me as Bo.

Ahem... :oops: :roll: 8-[ :mrgreen: sorry 'bout that. So... Misty...uh...HI!!! ~*grins a large, goofy grin and waves her hand around like a lunatic*~
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

we went from advice to meth real quick
— ShadowVyper