z

Young Writers Society

Hi there

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:23 am
LydiaXuning says...

Hi everyone! I'm Lydia, from Malaysia. I love reading and writing. I found Young Writers Society and I am pretty excited about joining. It seems to be a nice site. I enjoy listening to music and playing squash and tennis...but writing's my first interest.

Hopping to meet new friends soon...

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:27 pm
Searria H. says...

Hi, Lydia! :smt039 I'm Searria, or "Sea" for short. Welcome to YWS!

This is most certainly a nice site. Everyone here is always eager to help in whatever way they can. :D We have a lot to do here. The Lounge is a great place to get to know other members, relax, and talk about random stuff. Basically, you can browse through all of the Community Forums and get to know the site.
The Questions and Answers forum is a place where you can submit a question you have, and someone somewhere will answer! :D If you have a question you think might have been asked before about the site, the Answers to Questions Everyone Has is a wonderful article to investigate.

If you aren't working on any projects at the moment (such as a novel, poem, short story, etc.), or even if you are, check out the Storybook Forum. If you've ever played that game on road trip where everyone takes turns saying one sentence and you create a story together, one sentence at a time, it's a little like that. You can browse through the forum and find a storybook whose basic plot you find interesting. Then you create a character, and submit posts about twice a week to continue the story. It's a lot of fun! (Not that everything else on the site isn't. :smt003 )

So, what do you like to write? Poetry or Prose? What genre?
What's your favourite candy?
What's your favourite book?
What sort of music do you like?

I know what tennis is, but I've never heard of squash. Is it sort of like tennis? Do you play with squash?

I hope to see you around the site. Let me know if you have any questions, want a review, or just feel like chatting. :D Happy writing! :elephant:
-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

Random avatar

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:04 am
LydiaXuning says...

Hi Sea! Thanks for the useful pointers and guidelines about YWS.

And I like to write poems, lyrics and short story. I am figuring out to write a novel too. No favorite genre, I guess-it's random for me. Peppermint, surely-I love it! :)My favorite book is The Book Of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern, I think I have read it countless times. I like country, gospel and pop music.

Squash is sort of like tennis, except that in squash, you hit the ball with a racquet In a four-walled court.

Happy writing to you too!:)

-Lydia-

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 am
Lava says...

Hi Lydia! selamat pagi!

(Ha, that's about the only thing I know in Malay. The other being susu(milk, right?)

Squash is totes a fun game! I've just sorta played it at some club places and all that, but it's uber fun!

Glad to have you here on YWS. Hope you have fun round here. ^__^

And feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

See y;around!
Cheers,
Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Random avatar

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:08 am
LydiaXuning says...

Thanks Lava..I say, your Malay's brilliant...:)

See you around too...

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:34 pm
Searria H. says...

So....kind of like racquetball?
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

Random avatar

Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:50 am
LydiaXuning says...

Yeah, sort of, the differences are the squash ball is less bouncier and the squash racquet is smaller than racquetball...

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant