z

Young Writers Society

Um... Er... Hi :)

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:41 am
Blues says...

Well... Hi :)

I'm Ahmadblues but feel free to call me Mac :)

I'm 14 and I live in cold, wet England :( I like to write novels but I'm also interested in Photography and (listening to) Music.

My current novel (nearly done, woop woop!) is an action/adventure Thriller set in Egypt after the 2011 revolution. There's a summary here: topic85218.html

I enjoy thrillers and action/adventure, but I love reading everything, including romance ( :O what a shock for a boy to like romance).

That's me... I hope to see you soon xD

Mac

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:09 am
View Likes
Esther Sylvester says...

Well hi Mac! It's a pleasure to have another person on YWS. I think you'll come to like it here a lot. Everyone is very kind and helpful, and for the most part reviewing fiends.

I'm Esther, and I am sixteen. Ah, well be glad that you aren't living the massive heat wave that's hit the United States! I went to England this summer and I loved it. You live in a very nice country, I think. What part of England do you live in? I'm from Indiana in the US. We have a lot of corn over here, and it's usually a nice, moderate temperature, ha!

Photography? How interesting! We also have a photography section in YWS, where you can post pics. I'd love to see your pictures. What kind of music do you listen to?

Your novel sounds very interesting! I'd like to check it out later, when I have time. It's time for bed over here.

You like all the genres I like! (Which is everything) My favorite genre blend is action/adventure/romance. Actually Mac, I think a lot of guys like romance. I know a few who secretly do, but don't have the guts to admit it. So bravo to you!

If you have any questions at all, just PM (private message) me, or post on my wall. I'd be happy to help you with anything, whether a question about the site or writing in general. Have a great stay!

Esther
It's writing prompt week on my blog a very random pickle!:
http://veryrandompickle.blogspot.com/

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:09 am
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

Hi, Mac! And welcome to YWS!

I'm Rachael, and the frog's Ribbit. Together we are (wait for it, wait for it...) Rach and Ribbit.

Guess we have your name... so, quest and favorite color? Favorite book? When did you start writing? How'd you find us?

Welcome again! As Esther said, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Also, the folks in light green and dark green are the mods. They're super friendly, so you also contact one of them if you need help.

Rach
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 am
View Likes
Lava says...

Hey Mac!

Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here.

I've never been to England, but I hear they have some wonderful red buses. ;)
Your novel sounds interesting with a really good (for a conflict ridden story) time period.

Well, feel free to PM if you have tons of questions or if you'd like to chat on just about anything!
See you around!
~Lava
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 pm
View Likes
xMidnightWriterx says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm glad to see a fellow Englander on here. I have to say that there isn't enough :) Although I see that you are from London, so you're basically the other side of the country to me. And I agree with you - it is very, very wet and very, very cold. :D

I'm glad that you've almost finished your novel and I can't wait to check it out. I haven't even started mine yet so I have to say I'm a bit jealous! :D

Don't be so shocked to like romance. If a girl (using me as an example here) can love all the thrillerish ,action, blood and guns movies that are so stereotypical to boys I don't see why a boy shouldn't be able to love a good romance novel.

If you ever need anything or just fancy a good old moan about our beautiful british weather (sarcasim implied) then just PM me or simple post something on my wall.

Hope to read your work soon and see you around the site, Midnight x
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic" - Albus Dumbledore

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:26 pm
View Likes
AmeliaCogin says...

Hi Mac! Nice to meet you *shakes hands*! I'm Amelia, and I'm from England too...well...Britain. I live in the Isle of Man. It's just off the coast of Liverpool. What part of England are you from?

Anyway, WELCOME! You'll love it here - that's a guarentee! Are you going to start posting some of your novel soon? If you are, you can count on me to review!

Well, If you need anything or want showing round the site ect just leave a comment on my wall or PM me. Have fun!

~ Amelia

202 Reviews

Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:16 pm
Blues says...

Thanks everyone! You all made me feel very welcome :)

I posted chapter one here: topic85431.html

I'll post occasionally as all the next chapters I have are (abysmal) first drafts, so it'll take a while to rewrite them.

Thanks again!

Mac

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:31 am
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Jambo Mac.
I must say, as a newbie myself, that YWS is amazing. There are tons of friendly users willing to help you out and love is always everywhere you turn.
I think you'll like it here. There's an easy navigation system, plenty to do, and even a chat room you can pop in and out of to, well, chat :)
I'm Alex, by the way. Most call me Al, Circus, Circle or Aslan. All though I'm not very experienced here, you can ask me any questions you like and I'll try to help as best I can.
Man I bet this is starting to sound like a crappy welcome compared to the others, huh?
Yeah, I'm like that. Always worse then everybody else but I like it that way.
So yeah, this is YWS and welcome to it.
Stick around a long while, Mac ;)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS, Mac! ;)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

202 Reviews

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:16 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Go away, Iggy ;)

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:35 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Mac XD

I love these old threads. It's like looking at peoples baby pictures.

Ickle newbie Blue <3
We were born to be amazing.

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov