z

Young Writers Society

hello

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 am
View Likes
bibin19928 says...

hello everyone , this is Bibin babu , i am from india but right now i am in singapore for my studies . while browsing i came to know about this site and wanted to try it out i hope this site will help in bringing out the writer in me :o :o

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:10 pm
Shearwater says...

Hey Bibin!
you're from India? That is so awesome!
I'm Indian too! :D
*high five*

Singapore huh? I'm so jealous, I live in the US and I've never really gone out of the country yet...(I will, though, you watch ;))
So, welcome to YWS. I hope you find this site to be everything you were hoping for and maybe more. If you're trying to bring out the writer in you, I really think this is the best site. We have a large community with many active members. Everyone's super friendly, too.
Well, have fun,

~Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:02 pm
Elinor says...

Hi, Bib!

You're from India? One of my best friends was born and lived there for a time. I've never been to Singapore, but it does sound like an awesome place. There's a really good Indian restaurant close to where I live where I can get the best nan and chicken dumplings.

So, what kind of things do you like to write? How much of it have you done before? This site really does help with your writing, and it also helps you grow as a person. There's lots of awesome people here--and there are quite a few Indians here also. ^_^ Anyway, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just want to chat.

-Ellie x

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:11 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Heya, Bib! I'm Tamara, but you can call be Tam, or even Taffy!

I have a few relatives in India, and I have been there once. I've also been to Singapore, but I was too young to remember most of it. Although I have some awesome photogrpahs of my times there. The thing that my parents always talk about was the Zoo, are there really cool Zoo's there?

What topic do you usually write about, or does it vary? Here at YWS we have a Contest forum, so you have something else to write about for a change. There's also really cool prizes, usually points and reviews. Speaking of, make sure that you review as well as post your work up! Drop me a PM if you would like anything reviewed, I'd be happy to help! :)

See you around!
*Taffy*
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:11 pm
Lava says...

Hey Bibin!

Hey fellow Indian! I was about to join a Singapore uni (NTU) but then decided no as it didn't have the course I wanted. So, I'm still in India. What course are you doing in S'pore? It's a nice place, ja?

Well, I'm sure you'll enjoy this place.
Go ahead, read/review others' works and post some of your own. :)

Hope to see you around soon.

Cheers,
~Lava
P.S. PM me if you'd like a chat or if you have a ton of questions.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:09 am
Nutty says...

Hey Bibin!
India? Awesome. I'm a New Zealander, and there is a huge variety of people here. People are pretty friendly, though, no matter where they are from!

If you're looking to release your inner writer, I would love to invite you to do so- in a storybook! I am looking for members to join Griffinkeeper's new storybook, which has just started and is already looking like it will be a lot of fun. If you're not sure what storybooks are, don't panic- this one is pretty much 'anything goes', and you are welcome to PM griffinkeeper with any questions, but basically it's a story written by a variety of people all writing from a character's point of view, and it's a great way to flex your writing muscles and have fun with everyone else. Here's a link if you're interested! Griff's Storybook.

Hope to see you around!

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:21 pm
Calligraphy says...

Hiya! It has always been one of my dreams to go to India and another to go to Singapore! Lucky! Well, YWS will certainly bring the writer in you. Well, it worked for me anyway. I still have so many questions about you though! What do you write? Have you ever had anything published? (I haven't) Do you prefer Tea or Coffee? (I absolutely love both.) What are your hobbies?

YWS, is a great site to get to know people and get into writing. Some ways to get to know people are: The chat room, Welcome mat :D, reading and writing blogs, pages, groups, and everywhere else!

I hope to see you around more,

A. S.

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:21 am
bibin19928 says...

Thank you All for your reply and i am really sorry for not writing for a long time, been busy with studies. Thank you

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:43 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome back to YWS, bibin! I'm glad you remembered us and decided to come back. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:10 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Welcome! :-) Nice to see you active!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:25 am
Oakenshield says...

bibin19928 wrote:hello everyone , this is Bibin babu , i am from india but right now i am in singapore for my studies . while browsing i came to know about this site and wanted to try it out i hope this site will help in bringing out the writer in me :o :o

I joined 3 days ago, so I'm new too and welcome here, I hope you are liking your stay

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare