z

Young Writers Society

Moving here from deviantART

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 pm
View Likes
superchipmunk says...

I was linked here in a forum that was complaining that literature gets no love on deviantART. So I thought I'd check it out. I think I'll get more of what I want here than on dA. :D
"A writer must take risks, defy the odds, be a bit obsessed and a little mad." ~Robert Cormier

Rosencrantz: "What are you playing at?"
Guildenstern: "Words, words. They're all we have to go on."

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:55 pm
Elinor says...

Hiya, Super!

I really like your avatar--it's cute. I used to have an account on deviantART but I think I got bored of it in a week or so. It still showcases some awesome art that I like to browse on occasion, though.

You definitely will have fun here, I think. ;) There's a 48 hour posting limit so the forums don't get flooded with works. We're strongly, strongly encouraged to review, and many of the critiques here are of high quality. So, what kinds of things do you like to write? Are you more of a prose or poetry person?

Hope you have fun, and don't be afraid to PM me (or anyone else in green) if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk. I'll be looking forward to seeing you around!

-Ellie x

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 pm
Shearwater says...

Oh, Oh , OH!
I love Deviantart! :D
I used to be a member there for years but I haven't been doing much drawing or anything so I closed my account and deleted everything off of it. Although, I did plan on going back after I start drawing again. Which will be soon. I just need to find some passion. XD

So, anyways. If your a writer, this is definitely the site for you. Large community with many many active members who love to critique and we all want to help each other out. So, with that being said, I wonder what kind of genre your write? Poetry? Fiction? Non-Fiction? Lyrics? hmm...maybe scripts. :)

Anyways, have fun here and enjoy your time. If you need any help, don't hesitate to pm me, I'll be glad to assist you in any way.
Cheers,

~Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:09 am
ultraviolet says...

Hi! First, I just want to say WELCOME!!! :smt003 YWS is a great community for writers and artists, so I'm sure you'll love it here; I do, and so does everyone I've ever heard from.

Second, so you like to write, huh? YWS is great for not only showcasing your work, but for learning how to improve it, courtesy of our awesome reviewers. This goes for drawings and photography too. And even if your work has yet to be reviewed, there are people here that are more than happy to review it if you request it in Will Review For Food, in community forums. I myself have a thread there. :)

If you have any questions what so ever, or if you just want to chat or share an idea, feel free to PM me. In fact, I encourage you to. It's always confusing at a new site--I should know, my first week here I didn't even know about the Welcome Mat--and I'd love to share about this site. (I love it that much. :D )

loveness, ultraviolet
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:07 pm
squirrely says...

Welcome Super Chipmunk!

When I saw your name I considered teasing you about the fact that our user names are close, but since you're new I didn't. :D (Aren't I nice?) I'm glad that you've chosen YWS. Why? Because its simple awesome and you'll have a great time on here.

~Squee
"There's nothing much to punctuation a sentence, really, beyond a little comma sense."
-Woe Is I

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:11 pm
superchipmunk says...

Thanks for all the great advice. I write mostly flash-fiction though my only post on here is a poem. I can't wait for the chance to post more of my stories. They could use some help. :)

I still use my dA for my photography and I've kept my poems and stories up there. It's the same username if you want to check it out.

And squirrely, chipmunks are WAY better than squirrels. Just saying. :wink:
"A writer must take risks, defy the odds, be a bit obsessed and a little mad." ~Robert Cormier

Rosencrantz: "What are you playing at?"
Guildenstern: "Words, words. They're all we have to go on."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:54 pm
Snoink says...

Squirrels are evil! I mean, chipmunks are only slightly better, but they're still evil as well! I don't trust them. Never met a rodent I trusted yet. XD Well... okay, maybe Rocky, but he's a FLYING SQUIRREL. They're different.

(And beavers are evil too. Dam rodents...)

dA? Never got into them, but then again, I never knew they were a literary site as well! Still, this seems a little more apt, I think. You can now post more than two things in a 48 hour period (yay!) but you need more points to do that... I suggest you swing by some of the poems and stories and review. That way, you can earn more points. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:12 pm
SereneSimpliciT says...

I am on dA!

Yeah, literature isn't a very big thing on dA for some reason, and it sucks, but being an artist, I can see why at times. LOL

I'm hoping that this site will help me with my writing career, so pray I have patience!
You be you, and I'll be me

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:32 pm
Jonathan says...

Welcome to YWS.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet