z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Reviews: 3
Sun May 16, 2010 11:50 pm
BeautifulChaos says...

Hello, I'm a new member, but I've been writing for years. I can't really remember a time when I didn't have stories to tell. I don't have the best grammar or spelling (I usually write too fast to pay attention to them) but I do my best. I like fencing, karate, science fiction, reading and writing (of course). I also love going to plays, I'm a closet Shakespere addict, and I also love watching movies.

So, that's me, thanks for reading this, please say hi. :D
From the desktop of the very scattered mind of a star gazer.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon May 17, 2010 12:41 am
Sapi says...

Hi! (see, I said hi :D )

Well, that's not so good about the grammar and spelling thing, because you're supposed to use correct grammar and spelling here. Although I guess spelling gets away sometimes. The point is, don't use chat talk and you'll be good.

Welcome to YWS! I'm kind of new too, but I know some things. Try to keep a 2 to 1 ratio when you're writing your own work and reviewing other people's. In other words, try to do 2 reviews for every 1 piece of writing you post.

My brother fences, and he likes science fiction too. I personally don't really like either, although fencing is okay. I like Shakespeare, especially the songs he writes.

Hoping to see your writing soon,

BlueRaspberry
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon May 17, 2010 12:46 am
Emerson says...

Hey there and welcome to the YWS!

Just to let you know, I moved this thread to the Welcome Mat, where it will probably get more comments and the notice it deserves. :)

Yay Shakespeare! and yay sci fi! I actually don't read a lot, but my most recent novel is sci fi ^^ Have any projects you're working on?

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to PM me!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Mon May 17, 2010 2:28 am
BeautifulChaos says...

Thank you so much for commenting (I feel very welcome). Thanks for the tip BlueRaspberry about the spelling and thanks Suzanne for moving the thread, I don't really know where I'm supposed to post things yet. :D Thank you for saying hi.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Mon May 17, 2010 1:21 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Hi BeautifulChaos! Welcome to YWS.

You said you don't have the best grammar or spelling, but what you've posted so far seems just fine to me! Don't get too worried about that at first...You only just joined, after all. ;)

Here are a few links to places around the site that will be useful for you:

The Lounge: This forum is for all members to come and talk about pretty much anything! Come over here to relax and chat with us! :D

Community Forums: This page will bring you to a list of all the forums and subforums of YWS, including the literary forums, poetry forums, and others. It gives you a clear, understandable picture of the YWS layout.

Storybooks: This is a fun place to go to practice your writing skills. What a storybook is is a text-based role playing game. Meaning that a bunch of us come together and play pretend! :P How it works is one member or several come up with an idea or a storyline (for example, vampires taking over New York City) and give you the basics that you'll need such as what has happened so far in the story, where they are, how the characters will meet each other, etc. Then, the people that are interested in participating in the storybook create a character (one that fits the requirements that the leader of the storybook created). After that, well...all the info you need is right there in the Storybook forum! If all I did just now was confuse you, then look over the forum to get a better idea of how it works. ;)

Anyways, I hope this helped you! If you need anything else or have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me. :D

-Knightley
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon May 17, 2010 2:58 pm
Junglelover says...

Hello BeautifulChaos! I hope you like it here!!
Charlie Bucket: You can eat the grass?
Willy Wonka: Of course you can! Everything in this room is eatable, even *I'm* eatable! But that is called "cannibalism," my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.

Mon May 17, 2010 8:08 pm
View Likes
BeautifulChaos says...

Thank you so much for the advice and the hellos everyone, I'm really excited to explore the site and I'll definately check out the suggested spots. 'Storybooks' sounds great. :D

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:28 am
Apple says...

Story books are fun! I love 'em so much, they are what I wake up to every morning.... :D But I am being serious, they are a heap of fun. Hi, I'm Apple and I'm here to say hello! as you are supposed to, because this is the author forum, right. Right?

Do not worry about the grammar thing, because as Knightly stated you are new and your ability to grammatise things will improve. Yes, that's not a real word but who are we kidding.
I spy!

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway