z

Young Writers Society

Like Yeah!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:29 am
Potakofus_Trilogy_Was_Awe says...

Hey guys!
I LOVE To write so I thought I'd JOIN HERE!!!!
I write Fantasy and alot of ideas I get from the BEST kind of Literature FANTASY!
My favorite books are Eragon, Harry Potter, the Twilight books (<-- even though it isn't fantasy) and, of course, the POTAKOFUS TRILOGY!!

I've written some amazing works, not to brag lol. So I can't wait to get started!

Random avatar

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:33 am
potter4ever says...

You actually registered too?

I thought you were making fun of me over IM xp

Random avatar

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:34 am
Potakofus_Trilogy_Was_Awe says...

Haha! No bro, I told you We should do it!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:42 am
Linx says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! ^_^

A couple of rule real quick. :wink:

:arrow: You have to review two of your own works before you post anything of yours. That way people will come and review yours!

:arrow: Rate your works! It doesn't matter if you do rate your works (unless it's R) but if you do rate it, it will on the front page! You should rate it R if it has explicit scenes of the f-word in it.

:arrow: No chatspeak. This is a website for young writers, which means we want to use proper grammar at all times. ^_^

So you love fantasy? We have a lot of fantasy lovers here, including Rosey. You might see her later on though. :wink:

I'm sure you are going to love it here! If you need any help at all, feel free to PM me whenever! I'm almost always available!

*Lin
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hihi!

So, to clear up the rules a bit:

You have to review two works that aren't your own before you post anything. A "Review" being at least three lines long, or else it won't count. It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

Rated R works do not show up on the front page. ^_^ The home page is PG-13 maximum.

There is also a little thing about caps. Don't use them too much. ^_^

I would also like to direct your attention to the Resources button in the header. Right click on that, then click the Knowledge Base option. You'll be linked to a database filled with articles written by YWSers to help you navigate YWS, write better prose and poetry, alone with a bunch of other stuff! Great place to get the help you need, or to poke around in if you have a couple hours to kill. ^_^

Eargon is one of my favourite books! I can't wait for the fourth one. Finally we find out the end!

Twilight is actually fantasy. Anything with supernatural creatures is usually called a fantasy.

As you can tell, I like a lot of fantasy. :P I've been writing it for five years now. Feel free to ask me about it!

I you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb