z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Reviews: 3
Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:39 am
holly_jean16 says...

Hello, my name is Holly.

I enjoy long walks on the beach hand holding in the moon light and kissing under... oh wait this isn't the dating service.

Okay, after that introduction its a little awkward in here. Just get up walk out of the room then come back and finish reading.

Back?

Okay awesome. My name is Holly. I try to hard to be funny, and I love to write. I will be completely honest when I read your writing. I'm not one to lie and such things.

I mainly write fantasy fiction in third person, sometime first. I started writing fan fiction but got a little bored and I wanted to create my own goofy characters. So here I am!

Just saying hello.
Now...
Goodbye!

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:08 am
Storm_Bringer says...

Hey Holly! (Do you mind if I call you that?)

Welcome to YWS!!!! I like to write fantasy stories too. :D

It is awesome and I'm sure you'll love it! There are some rules:

1. No chatspeak and all capitals. I mean, come on! We're writers so we write !

2. For every story post you must review two other posts. This will be shown on your review count right under your name. That's the 2:1 ratio of YWS!

3. No swearing and keep your posts clean. In stories you can swear but make sure to rate it.

4. Rate your work. Make sure it is correctly rated because there is some younger people on this site.

That's all the rules! Now for the colors.

Each color named member has a job. I'll explain.

Black: Regulars like you and me. We don't have a specific job. :wink:

Blue: Greeters, they go around the welcome forum and welcome, answer questions, and etc, for all things newbie.

Purple: Instructors, they give awesome reviews that really help your writing.

Red: Site Admins. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members. They are retired moderators and special members.

Dark Green: Moderators, they make sure everything is in the right place and that posts are clean.

Light green: Junior Moderators. They do the same as moderators just in a specific forum.

That's all for the colors!!!!!
Now, once you are on YWS you can apply to be a Greeter or Instructor. Hopefully this will encourage you to do certain things.

Now for the:
Groups!

There are many groups. They are groups for everything, for people who enjoy the same things, anything. It is right in the middle of the resources and writing icons at the top. If you want to make a new group then you must get five people to join before you can. Enjoy yourself in these groups!

And the Blogs!

You can even create a blog on YWS! It has everything, I know. There is a blog icon on the top of the page and go to blog control panel to set up your very own blog. It is very fun if you enjoy stuff like that! To visit your blog go to the icon and go to My Blog. Have fun with that.

There is also the Chat!

Its on the home screen around the bottom left. This tells you if the chat is open and who's on it. You can talk to other members and just chat away. (Note: there are rules so please read them before you enter the chat) You can even do a private chat with a specific person on it!

So! Now you know all the wonderful things YWS has. If you need anything just give my a PM. I'd be happy to help.

More about you:

Favorite book?
Movie?
Show?
Dream place to live?
Place you most want to visit?
Favorite Genre's to read and write?

So Welcome to YWS! I'll see ya around in the forums sometimes.
~Storm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

Reviews: 3
Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:56 am
holly_jean16 says...

Oh wow. Thanks for all the information. Don't worry about the chatspeak I don't even do that in text messages.
°o.OHolly.JeanO.o°

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:00 am
budding writer says...

hey holly

budding writer here. call me buddy. you know what i love fantasy fiction too. i can just write on and on when i deal with making up my own country, island characters etc.

i like fan fiction too espcially if i make stories about harry potter. i just love the harry potter series. do you ? i also love harry potter fan fics ? if you are crazy about the books as well join the hogwarts express user group. its full of harry potter fanatics. eeeeeeeee

anyway welcome and if you need anyone to review anything that you posted remember buddy is here.

see you around
-buddy
## My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations ##

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:19 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Holly! Welcome to YWS! *smiles stupidly due to your introduction* That was funny :lol:
It seems you have been very well advised, but I would like to give some more. Shall I?

~ Guestbook. When people sign your guestbook, you should reply in theirs. It's nice and will help you with conversations and making friends.

~ Be nice to everybody. Also in reviews, say the truth, but don't be mean. Try to point out the good things too.

~ Don't take reviews too personally and don't be afraid to post your work. We won't bite (much).:wink:

So that's it, dear! Hope to see you around
PM me if you need anything, feel free to PM me ^^
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:46 pm
sofi says...

Hi there Holly!

Wow I think Storm_Bringer covered pretty much everything so I'll just say Welcome!

I just know you're going to love it here, we all do! Have a good look around and see what interests you. There are plenty of groups for fantasy fiction writers and things like that.

Unfortunately fantasy fiction has never been my strong point but I have a lot of admiration for those who can write it and I do like to read it! I love love loved 'Harry Potter' and 'His Dark Materials'! What are your favourites?
Anyways, yes please feel free to PM me if you ever want an opinion on anything :D Do you have anything posted yet? Also PM me if you ever have any questions and I will be happy to answer them.

Lovely to have you here :D
Hopefully I will see you around!

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats