z

Young Writers Society

Just Joined

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:11 pm
ganlynde says...

Hey everyone. I just found out about this website through a search that sent me to gaia, which sent me here, and I'm very glad I found this place. The members seem really nice and helpful and I hope to get lots of constructive reviews, haha.

I aspire to write Young Adult novels, though I have also written a series of short stories which I add to as a cure for writers block. I'm working on a fantasy/adventure trilogy [like probably everyone else here], as well as a stand alone "Edgy YA" novel, and a historical fiction YA novel.

See you around!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:53 pm
Bloo says...

Hi there ganlynde (is there anything else you would loike to be called?)

I'm Ryan, but you can call me Bolt.

So here we have we have a few rules, but these are the biggest two
1. You should have a 2:1 ratio for reviewing and posted works. So if you want to post a story, make sure to review two things first
2. Also use proper grammar, capitalization and spelling, and no chat speak. (though ones like jk and lol are okay)

Also you might notice there are different colored names for people, well each color is for a different job.

Blue: This is for greeters, they are here to greet newbies like you.

Purple: They are Instructors, they are to help with writing, usually doing very in depth critics for writing

Light and dark green: These people are moderators/ junior mods, they are here to they are here to watch writing and post, to make sure they are okay, and to keep spamming away.

Red: these people are Administrators here to help the site run smoothly, and are like higher ranking mods.

Orange: this means they are retired Admins or mods

Some tips for writing are to also rate all your work, because more people are tempted to read it, and if they are below R, then they can be put on the front page.

And now that's that out of the way, tell me about yourself.
What do you like to do, listen to, eat, stuff like that.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 pm
indigochild1991 says...

Hi there
Lovely to see you here!
Awww that's sweet calling us friendly lol.
What sort of writing do you like?
There's lots of great youg adult books.
Twilight?(yay I got the dvd today!), harry potter?

Well I hope to see some of your work!
'Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night'-Edgar Allan Poe

'Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent'-Eleanor Roosevelt

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:20 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy! Welcome to YWS! Glad we're getting more talented members to join...So, the basics have been covered...Oh, and if you are ever in need of a review, there is a thread in the Lounge called the Will Review for Food thread...You can always request there. Posting each piece requires 150 points. Points are earned by posting in certain forums (like this one) and by reviewing other works. You can earn a maximum of 50 points per review or post. And, each review has to be at least three lines, which I see that you have learned...and I think that's about it... ^_^
So, why don't you tell us a little more about yourself?
What kind of books do you like? Movies? Do you play an instrument? What are some other hobbies of yours? Hehe, I think I'm done with the nosy questioning...for now, at least :wink:
Anywayz, feel free to PM me if you need a review, have any questions, or just want to talk.
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Some random tips that'll help your navigation of YWS:

~ A review must be at least three lines long or else it doesn't count as a review. The bonus is, the more you can point out in others works, be it positive or negative, the better your own writing gets. ^_^

~ Check out the Knowledge Base (scroll over Resources in the header, then click the Knowledge Base option) for tons of great articles about writing, navigating YWS, poetry and a bunch of random topics. The help you can find there is tremendous.

~ When somebody posts on your guestbook (found at the bottom of your profile) answer on their guestbook. It makes tracking conversations easier. ^_^

Those are my random tips out of the way.

I am one of those people working on a fantasy/adventure YA. :D I actually have several novels planned out, but I'm trying to limit my focus on just one or two novels. I'm also trying to avoid posting them on YWS until they're all finished, but I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out. xD I have so many ideas I want to get a feel for, and posting is one of the best ways to do that.

Wow. Historical fiction? I don't know if I could attempt that. Even though I just love history and know where to find anything, my brain is almost permanently set on "fantasy." Magic would find it's way in there somehow, and then I have alternate history!

Short stories are my cure for writer's block too! Those are the only things I'm posting at the moment, other then poetry. Oh yeah, I write a lot of poetry too. But, prose was my first love.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:07 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Heloo there!
That's a lot of projects you've got at hand. You make me want to pick up my pen again. I haven't writing much lately.
Personally, I'm not too much of fantasy person, but that historical novel sounds really interesting!

If you need any reviews, help or have any concerns, remember I'm only a PM away!

-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:43 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! I'm Kat, nice to meet you ^^
Ha ha, don't take us by mistaken. We're pretty evil on the inside (muahahahaha!).
Nah, just kidding!
It seems you have been well advised! Just stick to the rules and you'll be fine.
I have two more advises to you:
1. Don't be afraid to post your work. Some people, are afraid. I hope you're not. They're afraid because some reviews can be harsh And that brings us to...
2. Don't take reviews personally! Take them as advises that you can or not follow, and don't feel hurt if they are a bit harsh. Some works just need a little more help.

PM me if you need anything!
See you around :D
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman