z

Young Writers Society

Um...Hi.

Reviews: 1
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 am
failure says...

Hi everyone (or at least everyone that reads these things).

My name's Bella.
I was just google searching some random writing tips when I found this site. I usually write poetry, but I'm trying to expand into short stories. Most of my writing is pretty dark. I'm not sure why. That's just how it all ends up.

I've recently been through a really rough time after losing one of my best and closest friends. I'm trying to get away from the pain in writing, and I think this site will be good for me.

I've already read the rules a few times over, so I think I have the general idea for most of this.
Soo...yeah.
I hope to get to know you guys and really improve my writings.

Ta for now,
-Bella
525,600 minutes. 525,000 moments, oh dear. 525,600 minutes. How do you measure, measure a year?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:16 am
Rosendorn says...

Well hello there!

Since you have already read the rules, I shall hop right into the coloured names:

Blue- Greeters, like me. We give you the run-down of the site and help you navigate the place.

Purple- Instructors, also like me (I just don't show it; you can only be one colour at a time ;)). We review your work with a fine-toothed comb to make it better. Bug us for reviews!

Light green- Jr. Mods. They're basically mods-in-training and have mod powers in some forums.

Green- Full-on mods. They break up fights, check out any bad members and just keep things running nice and smoothly. ^_^

Red- Admins. Nate is our beloved founder while Meshugenah and Firestarter are the jr. admins. They keep the sight up and running behind the scenes.

I write in both poetry and prose. My prose, however, is almost always fantasy. Either dark or light, depending on my mood and my emotions at the time. My poetry is the same way too.

YWS is most definitely the place to get help for your writing. It's an absolutely amazing community for writers. I hope to see you around the forums!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:38 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, welcome! So, you've read the rules and Rosey explained the colors so I'll explain groups.

There are many groups here on YWS that you can join. To find them go to the header and click on groups. You'll find many options and maybe something you enjoy.

I write prose, mostly novellas or novels. I've written some pretty dark stuff before. I still do sometimes. YWS is really helpful with your writing.

Hope you have fun!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 am
Windy Silvermist says...

Wow well You sound a bit depressed hopefully YWS can ease the pain. I'll be seeing around and if you want some comfort I can help. I never actually experienced loosing a best friend but with a writers imagination its not hard. I kinda feel sorry for you with a name like Bella, with the twilight thing going on. Hope nobody bugs you about it.

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Bella! Maybe you don't recall me... I'm Kat! You sent me a PM...
Anyway, I thought I'd explain the rules to you, since apparently no one did, and I'm really surprise with that fact. SO we have three simple rules here.

1. We have a 2:1 ratio. That means that for every work yo post, you should do two reviews before. That way the reviews keep going. A post in the community forums or groups won't count as a work.

2. Avoid capitalizing and don't use chat-speak. We're all writers here, so we prefer correct language, and at some point people won't understand you. But things like lol and MC are allowed.

3. Rate your works. Rated works will appear on the home page. If your work has adult themes and rough language, please rate is a R, so our younger members won't read something they shouldn't. R rated works won't appear on the home page.

And that's it, dear!
Tell us more about yourself! What are your favorites?
Write to ease pain? That's what I have been doing for years. It helps a little, I guess...

See you around! If you need anything just PM me ^^
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Reviews: 1
Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:10 pm
failure says...

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I love it here already.
My favorites, huh?

Um...Well, I don't really have things like favorite movies, books, songs and things like that. It's just far too hard for me to choose.
When I was younger, I couldn't even decide between which stuffed animals to take over to my grandmother's house when I slept over because I thought I'd hurt the other ones' feelings.

Ha. Yeah...
Anyway, my favorite sport is soccer. I play goalie, inside defense and just about anywhere esle I'm needed on my school junior varsity team.

I have a ton of friends, but they're all really different and I think only a few know who I really am. Yes. That's right. I'm Hannah Montana. (Um. No.)

-Bella
525,600 minutes. 525,000 moments, oh dear. 525,600 minutes. How do you measure, measure a year?

Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA