z

Young Writers Society

Hi

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Pringle says...

Hi :D

My name is Pringle. I took my name from the Fortunes of War novels by Olivia Manning who is one of my favourite authors.

I have been writing my first novel since I was 18 and I am anxious for some good criticism.

Besides reading and creative writing I also enjoy swimming, listening to music, working with animals and drawing.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:35 pm
Shauni says...

Hey!! Welcome to THE YWS! Pleasure to have you joining us! Did you know that when I joined this site my picture was exactly the one that you have right now... How...How... Funny... I guess...

Oh well, moving on. :P the basics y friend: You don't wanna people to rip your head off, don't you? JUst kidding...:D We are all very nice!

:arrow: Keep a 2:1 ratio, please. What's this? You are probably thinking... Well a 2:1 ratio means that for every post you make(your work) you need to make at least two reviews. It's very easy to matein and helps to make every work reviewed.

:arrow: No chat speak or capitalized sentence/words. We are all writers here friend, and we get very pleased to see that everyone keeps the rules :D! And NOBODY LIKES TO READ STUFF LIKE THAT or stff lk ths th i'm wrtng. Gt it? :wink:

:arrow: Rate your works. Rated works will appear on the YWS front page. See!! If you rate your works they will appear right there, so, everyone that comes in, see it! :o Rated works aren't the ones with R! In fact, those are rated too but they have sexual content or/and f-words!

:arrow: The last one! Yeah! Finally, I was sick of this... You are probably thinking but I think this one is important:
Get active here! Log on to the community forums and start to post. Male friends, have fun, learn and teach! YWS is enormous so "play with it" as much as possible. :D I want to see you around! Please! Have the greatest time possible here! We are all here for that. Learn, teach and have fun! :P

Yeah, I love animals! With what type of animals do your work with? And where?

Your name made me a bit hungry for Pringles... :oops:

If you need anything, have a question or just wanna chat, PM me anytime that I will answer as soon as possible!

Best wishes

Shauni

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:55 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Pringle! Welcome to the fantastic world of YWS!

Adding on to what Shauni already said, we may not allow net-speak like her example, but we do allow term abbreviations here on YWS. For example: POV, lol, MC and so forth.

You have a cute username, Pringle. It has me wanting to go hunt down a bag of potato chips...

So anyway! You've probably been wondering about the colorful members we have here. These people have specific jobs on YWS and make up our YWS staff. Here's what they do:

Blue- Are Greeters. They help introduce and help new members with the site.

Purple- Are Instructors. They give reviews and help members become better writers.

Light Green- Are Junior Moderators. They control certain forums and help out on YWS.

Green- Are Moderators. They control all forums and make sure things are running smoothly here.

Red- Are Administrators. They make sure everyone follows rules and makes sure YWS can run well.

Orange- Are Distinguished Members. They are retired Moderators.

If you have any question, would like a review, or just want to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:04 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello, I'm Colt. Feel free to PM me if you ever need help around the site. I look forward to reading your work! I also love to swim!

I love YWS; it's my second home, even though I'm just about a month old here.

What kind of music do you listen to?

What do you like to write?

What's your favorite band?

What's your favorite book/who's your favorite author?

What do you like to do for fun?
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:21 pm
Meep(: says...

*pokes head in*
Hiya! :D
A new addition to our ever-expanding and silly YWS family, I see.

First off, kudos to Shauni, Selene and Colt for explaining the rules and everything to you.
*waves at Pringle*
Pringle...mmm...reminds me of the Pringles potato chips XD
You like drawing, I see?
Well, we have an Art & Photography forum too! :D
You can post your art there and receive helpful feedback.
If you want a critique but am not getting as many as you would want,
You can try the "Will Review For Food" thread in The Lounge.
There, you can request for critiques. Or ask an Instructor nicely :D
If you're in need of a review, you can come to me as well.
I can critique stories, scripts and art.
Basically, I rarely comment on poems.

~Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to talk, or have any questions.
Have a nice day then!
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:16 pm
Rydia says...

Hye there, I'll uh... let the greeters do the whole information overload thing and just say that it's good to meet you and I hope you're settling in alright. Feel free to ramble about yourself here, it's always good to get to know some members early on so we can introduce you to the rest of the family.

There's a buddy system by the way. It's not everyone's cup of tea as they say but if you'd like someone to show you the ropes and review your stuff for a month, there's a link in my signature or you can pm me.

Enjoy the site! I'll see you around,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:41 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey, I'm Vivi.
:)
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Have you checked out the big "groups" button in the header? You should. It's full of all sorts of different groups that help you improve your writing, or just offer a place to talk with people of similar interests! ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
— Lewis Carroll