z

Young Writers Society

Hey.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:23 pm
View Likes
Erb says...

Hiya, my names Tyler. My writing style i don't consider very... ordinary. I have posted one of my pieces, I will see how it is judged and consider posting more if you guys like it. Thanks,

Tyler
Strangers in the night... exchanging glances

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:10 pm
Alainna says...

Hey Tyler and welcome to YWS!

Ah, what is ordinary? You'' find a great variety of writing styles here on YWS, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Just a quick reminder that we have a 2:1 post ratio, so be aware that for every piece of writing you post, you should aim to critique two other pieces of writing. For more tips and info and some general YWS guidance check out the Help and Support tab on the menu at the top of the site. :D

So, what do you write then? Books you like? Music you're into?

Feel free to pm me if you ever need anything.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

12 Reviews

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:11 pm
Erb says...

ive posted on lots of other work, stating my thoughts on it. My writing can vary, from movies shows , relating the story towards how someone in the position of characters may feel, etc.. i include music into alot of my work, my latest work was pure emotion towards reality and fantasy. Another piece i've posted was about someone who had lost their bestfriend. My favorite element of that piece was the unisex of it, meaning genderless characters. Thanks for the warm welcome, and if i feel the need i will pm you :)

Tyler

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 pm
Shauni says...

Hey Tyler! Welcome to the YWS! Okay, first of all, you need to know the basics:

:arrow: Please keep a 2:1 ratio. This means that for every post you make (your work0 you need to make at least two reviews, got it? :wink: It's not difficult and that way you can learn and teach others YWSsers. That way people will get to know you and you will make lots of friends.

:arrow: No chat speak or capitalize letters because PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO TREAD STUFF LIKE THIS or pbly wnt gt wh I'm wrtng. Got it? We are all writers here.

:arrow: Rate your works, this way your works will appear on the YWS front page. It's a good way to introduce your work to us. Rated works aren't the ones rated R, those are to works with sexual content or f-words.

:arrow: (This is just a little one that I like to add :wink: :!: ) Please, get active in here. Explore the forums, share experiences and have fun. Long on to the groups have join as much as you want! :D

Don't b shy and have fun!

If you need to know something, have a question or just wanna chat, PM me anytime that I will answer as soon as possible! :P

Hope to see you around!

Best wishes

~Shauni

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:56 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Tyler! Welcome to the magnificent, magical, marvelous world of YWS! :D

It looks like the rules have been covered, so I'll just move right on to the YWS staff. You've probably noticed that some YWS members have different colored usernames. This is because they are a part of the YWS staff and have different jobs.

Blue- These are the Greeters, like me. Our job is to make new members feel welcomed to YWS and introduce them to the site.

Purple- These people are Instructors. Their job is to critique your work and help you become a better writer.

Light Green- These are Junior Moderators. They control specific forums and make sure the site runs smoothly.

Green- These are Moderators for the site. They help control all forums and make sure the site runs smoothly.

Red- These are Administrators. Their job is to make sure everyone follows the rules and help with all the forums, as well.

Orange- These are Distinguished Members. They are retired Moderators.

So do tell me a bit about yourself! :D

~ What do you like to eat?

~ What are you currently reading?

~ Do you have a favorite book?

~ Have any hobbies?

~ What do you like most about writing?

If you have any questions, would like me to review your work, or just want to talk, feel free to send a PM my way. :)
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:29 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey Tyler. Everbody stated rules and what not, so I won't.

What's your favorite book? Movie? TV show?

Hope to see you around. Like Shauni said, don't be shy! Have fun.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to let you know, it takes more then thoughts to write a review. If a comment is under three lines long then it won't count. The bonus is, the more you can pick out in others works, whether it be positive or negative, the better your own writing gets. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

12 Reviews

Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:28 am
Erb says...

Well thank you all for your warm reception ^.^! ive gone over the rules, and will keep a 2:1 ratio. if i have any questions ill certainly choose one of you to pm! anyway, ill answer these!

~ What do you like to eat? - watermelon is my fave

~ What are you currently reading? - harry potter and the deathly hallows i plan to start very soon

~ Do you have a favorite book? - hm.. not really, anything by stephen king and the harry potter series

~ Have any hobbies? - yup, hockey, drums, computering... lol :P thats about it

~ What do you like most about writing? - I write when my emotions are strong for any possible reason, which is where i feel i can get whats in my heart truly out into my words.

thanks again :)

Tyler

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:15 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

I love your review count! I can see your doing well with our 2:1 ratio. Well done. :D

The Deathly Hallows, you say? It's an excellent read and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Can't give anything away, but the ending is nicely done, a good way to end such an epic series. ;)
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

12 Reviews

Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:02 pm
Erb says...

yeah! im not sure how i managed to remain untold of the ending.. friends tried spoiling it for me but i overcame that :) and the urge to go on youtube and look for spoiler videos

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King