z

Young Writers Society

Hay everyone

Reviews: 4
Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:18 am
Randomwriter says...

hi everyone,

Nice to meet you. I'm a new user here, and is trying to find out stuff. I love to write, but can't say I'm very good at it, but love to do it. I want to read, I want mine to be read, and want to have fun with this. Lol. Can't wait to meet many of you, and look forward to seeing what this is all like.

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 am
xDudettex says...

Hey =]

I'm Dudette *waves*

There are a few simple rules here but i'll let someone else explain them to you.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here at YWS :D Everyone is so friendly!

There are so many amazing stories posted on here so I'm sure that you'll find something to read :D

What sort of genre do you like to write?

Who's your favourite author?

See you around the forums!

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:20 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Random, welcome to YWS! :D

So here are the few rules Dudette was referring to:

1.) No chat-speak, like gr8, l8r g8r, ttyl, you know. Term abbreviation like lol and POV are ok.

2.) No caps lock. This means don't review someone's work like this, "THAT WAS AWESOMELY AWESOME! KEEP WRITING!"

3.) We have a 2:1 ratio here when it comes to submitting and reviewing. This means you must have 2 reviews for each time you submit your own work. So what I'm really begging you to do is don't just start posting your own work right away, because it won't be reviewed. You need at least two reviews.

Those are just a few, but I'm sure you'll find them helpful anyway.

So tell us a little more about yourself. :D

What's your favorite book?

Who's your favorite author?

What do you like to do for fun?

Do you prefer any specific genre to write?

Do you have any hobbies?

If you have a question, would like a review, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:02 pm
Windy Silvermist says...

I'm glad you joined! YWS could always use another member, so....yay...um.......hope you, you know, like it here. So welcome and stuff. *Shuffles off to think about how lame that intro just sounded* Well now that you know I'm weird we can get to less formal greetings.( This is the part where I bombard you with questions)Whats your favorite: genre,book,movie,color,song,actor,singer,play,and food. ( you don't have to answer any of them though you can if you want I suppose...) Anyway enjoy!!

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a quick little reminder to rate your works! Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Also, if you look in the header, you'll see a big groups button in the header. Click on it and you'll be linked to dozens of groups. Poke around; You're almost guaranteed to find something you're interested in. ;)

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

No one is perfect; not even your reflection.
— Chalkboard Words