z

Young Writers Society

My name is Helpful McHelpfulpants. I'm here to help.

Random avatar

Reviews: 37
Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:44 pm
Helpful McHelpfulpants says...

No, the TRUTH of the matter is...

HELPFUL MCHELPFULPANTS really quite likes you, but secretly hates your guts. Or is it the other way around? She is young and confused and fond of pineapples in theory but not in practice; she also enjoys rhyming a little more than is healthy, because of an incident in her youth involving a cactus. She has a dog, and a third eye, and schizophrenia. She finds it frustratingly difficult to lift individual eyebrows. She prefers reading to listening and has hated tactile learners ever since one kicked her in the head. She is too lazy to remember the existence of tact, boundaries, or common decency. She talks just like this. No, really. JUST LIKE THIS. With the capital letters, even.

Which is as much to say, she's not really in a position to help anyone, let alone the implied you.

Have a nice day!

P.S. I copied the above description, with the exception of the screenname. If someone recognizes it I will be intensely amused.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:53 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Ummm....
Hi, my name is Rhee, welcome to the forum - ?
*quietly regains composure*
Gee, you sound very...enthusiastic. I'll bet five points you're the Vice President of the international Brady Bunch fan club (motto: Aw, my nose!).

Anyways...
Here are the main rules at YWS:
1. Chatspeak is discouraged. Capital letters (like the ones you talk in, no?) don't count.
2. We have a 2:1 review ratio - for every piece you submit, you need to post at least two three-line reviews.
3. We don't allow cacti to join, so fortunately you won't have to relive your childhood (unless of course you write rhyming poetry).

If you have any questions, or rambling, slightly amusing narratives about your experiences with tactile learners, be sure to PM me, okay? :]
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Random avatar

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:27 am

I watched the Brady Bunch once, as a very small child. It was nothing that several dozen viewings of the Addams Family couldn't repair, psychologically. So that was good!

Thank you for the Kind Welcome, sir or madam. I am enjoying my stay already. =D

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 am
deleted_5 says...

Good, we like to hear that.

I guess I'll welcome you to our crazed, vampire, (I mean,) fun, loving website.
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:52 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi! I'm peanutgallery007, but I like people to call me Peanut. Since Rhesus already explained the rules, I guess I can tell you about color coded names;

Black; normal members, like us! (so far ;) )

Blue; Greeters. They greet the newbies and welcome them into YWS... I'm not a greeter, sorry!

Purple; Instructors. They give awesome reviews and teach you how to be a better writer overall. They sometimes even have classes!

Light Green; Junior Moderators. They are assigned forums to look after and make sure everyone in that forum follows the rules. They make sure their assigned forum is running smoothly.

Dark Green; Moderators. Moderators look after any/ all forums. They make sure all of YWS is running smoothly.

Red; Administrators. They are very powerful and also look after YWS. Do not be afraid! They are all very nice if you follow the rules.

Orange; Distinguished Members. Since I still can't explain it, this is the official definition of them;

There is only one way to become a distinguished member: becoming a moderator and leaving the mod squad honorably. All distinguished members are those who are no longer active on YWS, but nevertheless have left their mark on the site.

You can apply to be a Greeter or an Instructor, but not anything else. I hope this helps you out. PM me if you ever need a review, have questions, or just want to talk! Bye! ;)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:59 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Actually, caps-lock is discouraged on YWS. We ask you use proper grammar, spelling and caps. ^_^

Also, we have a little requirement that you rate your works! Rated works, unless rated R, show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

What genres do you write?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:09 am

Are you DISCRIMINATING against my speech - er, typing - impediment? *horrors*

I have rated my very first poem. I wasn't quite sure what category to put it in; I chose Lyric since it's written in first person and essentially a request, but that might be inaccurate.

I write... fantasy and fiction mostly, speaking prosaically, haha. Some science fiction, some historical fiction, some nonfiction. I could pretty accurately be described as a dabbler.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:14 am
peanutgallery007 says...

I know where you copied the description from now. It is from gogollescent's user profile on livejournal. I gotcha! :D You gotta love Google.
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

Random avatar

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:27 am

And now you know who I am on livejournal, too. Well done. *bows*

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:02 am
chasingcolts21 says...

For some reason, I recognize, even though I don't use Live Journal. I swear, I have heard of it somewhere.
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:46 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Helpful! Welcome to YWS! :D

Since it seems every beat me here, I'll go over the groups we have on YWS. We have many groups, from random ones like "Matt's Happy Place" to writing groups, like "Double-Trouble Writing Huddle". Based off of your interests, you can choose which groups you would like to join.

If you would like a review, care to chat, or have a question, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:43 pm
Erb says...

good to meet you :) but be warned, mcdonalds will have your head for your username :)
Strangers in the night... exchanging glances

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:47 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Helpful McHelpfulpants wrote:And now you know who I am on livejournal, too. Well done. *bows*

Hmmm...was that some sort of subtle plug? :P
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

Random avatar

Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Heavens forbid I use a SUBTLE plug.

GO CHECK OUT MY LIVEJOURNAL GUYS I JUST KNOW YOU WILL LOVE TO READ OF MY EXPLOITS IN THE GRAND AND GLORIOUS WORLD OF... um... CAPSLOCKING.

And I'm not scared of McDonald's. I am pretty scared of Mr. Beth McBeth, though. D:
Nunc lac est bibendum.

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat