z

Young Writers Society

Hullo, I'm new :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:59 am
Breezy says...

I love to write. I want to be a scriptwriter one day. I tend to go for dark comedy stuff.

I love to read. I don't read fantasy or supernatural or whatever, I'm more interested in the struggle of real(fictional) people and stories that could actually happen.

My favorite books are Good Omens by Terry Pratchett/Neil Gaiman, East of Eden by John Stienbeck, The Fountainhead&Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand(OMG just finished these), Now Is The Hour by Tom Spanbauer... I get around. :)

Anyway, any new friends to help me ease into this brand new site would be so great!

--Breezy

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hi Breezy! Let me be the first one (besides Nate who has already sent you a Personal Message) to welcome you to the YWS! Everyone says this, but I have to lay down some rules first.

1. No chat speak. Mistakes happen, but really try your best not to. This is a writers website and we must write accordingly.

2.We have a 2:1 ratio here. For every 1 piece of writing you submit, you have to review 2 of others pieces! This may be hard sometimes, but this way everyone gets to have their peices reviewed and you can keep your YWS points up.

3. make sure that if your writing has any cussing (try to keep that to a minimum), rate the writing piece R or PG-13. Be sure to edit and keep it appropriate.

Alright, now that we have those rules down, you can have some fun! If there are any pieces that you want to post, then you can click on the writing icon up at the top. If you are feeling like a critic, go critique someone! They even have a section for art! If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to PM me. :)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:57 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Oops, I forgot to say. If ever someone is mean or posts a flame (which will probably never happen because this site rocks :D ) then do not hesitate to report them to the Moderators. They are users who help make sure that that stuff doesn't happen. Anyway, I'll see you around the site soon Breezy!:)
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:12 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Breezy, welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! So you like script writing? Well Script Frenzy is in a few more days, five to be exact. If you haven't already heard about it, it's when you write a screen play in 30 days (all through April) and write 100 pages. A lot of people on YWS do this and NaNo. It's lots of fun! :D

So you may have noticed that some usernames on YWS are different colors. These people are the YWS staff and each have specific jobs.

Blacks- Are regular members, like you and I.

Blues- Are Greeters. They'll help introduce you to the site and make you feel welcome.

Purples- Are Instructors. They will critique the work that you submit on YWS thoroughly.

Light Greens- Are Junior Moderators. They are Moderators in training and help control some of the forums.

Greens- Are Moderators. They help control all the forums.

Red- Are Administrators of the site. They help out other members on the site and control it.

Orange: Distinguished members, or retired moderators.

If you have any questions, would like a review for your work, or would just like to chat, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:29 am
mystymizer says...

Just saying welcome as the above people seem to have covered everything else!

If you ever need an extra review just lemme know! Have fun and get writing! :D

Mysty.
- - No one is free while others are oppressed - -
Gandhi.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:17 pm
Firestarter says...

Good Omens! What a book.

That's cool you want to be a scriptwriter.

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have. Best way to find new friends on this place is get active all over the site: reviewing, commenting, blogging, chatting (the chat is open sporadically, but if you have the chance) and such. Before long you'll find some people to talk to.

Have fun!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:46 pm
mystymizer says...

Just saying hello and welcome!

Hope you have fun here at YWS, if you ever need help or just want an extra review lemme know!

Mysty.
- - No one is free while others are oppressed - -
Gandhi.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just to let you know, the only time you need to rate something R is when it has the f-word or graphic scenes. Anything else gets a G to PG-13 rating. G to PG-13 works show up on the front page of YWS. ;)

Have you clicked the Groups button in the header? No? Well, if you click it you'll be linked to dozens upon dozens of usergroups for your own enjoyment. ^_^ Check them out! They're a lot of fun.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:51 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Welcome to YWS!

Yupp, I recommend Script Frenzy! Don't worry, if you're an active member, you'll figure out this site right away and make lots of friends at the same time. We're all friendly here.

So, do check out the help and support section and look through the FAQs, Guides, and rules, if haven't already done so.

And if you have any questions, PM me. :D

See you around (the scripts section most likely.)!

I'm looking forward to reading your stuff.
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:43 pm
Breezy says...

Gee, thanks for the warm welcome. I didn't know about the cussing/graphic stuff and since I never now where my writing will go, it's great information to file away in the fleshy cabinets of my brain. Thanks!

I've been doing ScriptFrenzy since it's first year. What a competition! I've been doing Nanowrimo since 2006. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time browsing here when I should be writing... ;)

See ya'll out on the boards, then!

--Breezy

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey, I'm Vivi. I want to be a screenwriter or a novelist when I grow up. It's cool that you do too!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

I AM NOT GOING "FULL COW" ON SOMEBODYYYYYY
— whatchamacallit