z

Young Writers Society

Nueva (new in spanish)

Reviews: 2
Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:11 pm
writing_music_life says...

Hey everyone, I'm new. Duh, I have a post working on the new version but still critique. Anyway I'm a movie obssesed bookworm. Any questions just pm me. Hope to meet some new people here in YWS. It's looks like an awesome site with lots of people. I think that I'll be done the new version soon, I'll post it as soon as I'm done. Anyway the newbie is bing (sorry). Bye.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:32 pm
Incognito says...

Welcome to YWS writing_music_life. This site truly is a genius one and will certainly get you addicted.
My name is Incognito, and I am here to welcome you into this wonderful world. I am sure you will enjoy it here, and if you do love critiquing or getting critiques to get your writing better, then you certainly have come to the right place.

But before you can get to the fun, I have to inform you on some rules. Yes, there is some, how unfortunate. You can't seem to get rid of those anywhere you go.

1) Minimize Chat-Speak --> Here, we have sustained this rule for a reason. We are all young writers here trying to get better at what we do and unfortunately that will never happen with laziness and incorrect grammar and punctuation. For example, try using 'you' instead of 'u' or 'what' instead of 'wut', you get the point. Also, correct capitalization is vital. We take pride in our spelling an punctuation here. You do not have to worry if you let one word slip. We will show a blind eye, but if you keep on that offense, then the Mods will not be happy.

2) The 2:1 Ratio --> This rule is that when you want to post a piece of your own work, you have to have reviewed at least two other peoples work before hand. It doesn't matter if you have enough points or not. A review is counted only if what you posted was more that six lines long. The reason we do this is so that everyone is guarenteed a review. Also, it give insentive for other readers to review your work after you review theirs. We love reviews here.

3) Please Rate Your Work --> There is a lot of young people on this site and they do prefer to know what they are walking into before they stumble upon it. Just to let you know, Rated 'R' is if you have any sexual content, or you use the 'f-word'. 'PG-13' is for any mature content that may be offending or scarring to others.

Well that is about it. If you have any questions, you can PM me. I would be glad to help. I am sure that you will meet tons of people on here because trust me, there are a lot of people coming almost everyday. This society seems to be growing to monstrous sizes. But we all like mosters here.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:41 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I knew that was Spanish. I'm in Spanish class, but I'm bad at it. So...here are some of the jobs on YWS. You will know the job based on the color of the person's user name.

Purple: Instructors, they give the best reviews. Feel free to ask for one.
Light Blue: Greeters, they welcome new members and make sure that they feel comfortable with the site. You can ask them questions about the site.
Light Green: Junior moderators, they have moderating powers in some forums.
Dark Green: Moderators, they can moderate all forums.
Red: Site administrators, they keep the site running smoothly.
Orange: Distinguished Members, retired mods.

Feel free to ask me any questions, have fun on YWS!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:01 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS, writing_music_life! Great username, by the way.

I've been taking Spanish for a while now, so feel free to ask me homework questions if you need it. :) I'll introduce you to the point system on here, how much it is to submit work and how much you receive.

Point System

Earning Points

Reviews- You can earn points by reviewing, and this is also how you can earn stars by reviewing. The maximum amount you can earn is 50 points.

Other Forums- In other forums, like this one, you can earn points by posting. The maximum amount of points you can earn is 50.

Submitting Work

Fiction and Poetry- 150 to post.

Advanced Critiques- 300

Here's some pointers on getting around the site. I hope you find some of these useful.

Tips and Rules

1.) Be considerate and kind towards other members on the site. You know, things you've learned since Pre-K.

2.) Make reviews at least three sentences long.

3.) You can join a group based off of your interests in the Group section. We have everything from writing groups to favorite TV shows, so I'm sure you'll find something.

4.) Put a decent amount of thought into each post, especially submissions, and check your spelling, capitalization and grammar. Also, no caps lock on here. No one on this site want to see you TALKING LIKE THIS. This will be greatly appreciated by everyone else on here!

5.) If your shy, don't be afraid to PM someone for help if your in need of it. Everyone is friendly here and would be happy to help.

Now onto getting to know you better. :D

Questions

What is your favorite book/series/trilogy?
Who is your favorite author?
What is your favorite genre to write?
What are you currently writing (if you can share ;))?
What came first, the chicken or the egg? (you don't have to answer that one)

If you need help with anything, have a question, would like me to review your work or would simply like to chat, feel free to PM me!
Last edited by SeleneForeverDream on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:15 pm
How2EataRhesus says...

Hey writing_music_life! I'm Rhee. Welcome to the forum :]
I took Spanish for three and a half years and have prompty forgotten all of it. :) I am, however, also a movie-obsessed bookworm. You'll find a lot of people like that here. xD
Anyway, since Incognito, Colleen, and Selene already covered all the rules, I just wanted to stop by to say hi. :)
Again, welcome to YWS! PM me any time if you have any questions.
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:15 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Might I be asking what you are working on?

So, just a little word of wisdom: Don't flood the boards with your work. "Flooding" is when you post over one of your works a day. People get turned off if they see several threads in Literature with the same author. ;)

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:15 pm
cheese9975 says...

Welcome, I see you've already got the rundown so I'll leave it at that. But, I hope you find things easily and are able to get some good writing done! It's a lot of fun here, as I'm sure you'll find. My name's Shannon, you can call me Salsa or Shanno if you like, but most people call me Shannon. If you need ANYTHING do not hesitate to ask! I'm always around, and most everyone is willing to help.

Yo quiero tu madre esta en mis pantalones, (not really, I've never met your Mom)
Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:41 am
MysticalBlood says...

Hello there! everyone here is friendly and will point out any mistakes you have made in poetry, stories, novels you have wrote! So be sure to look out for a helping hand.
'This isn't funny Dean, the voice says i'm almost out of minutes!' - Castiel
~ Nothing is true, everything is permitted... Live by the Creed... Be Discreet...

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken