z

Young Writers Society

Windy is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:35 am
Windy Silvermist says...

Hey peoples!!!!! just wanted to get some pionts and meet some people, Yay Look at me I'm full of new person bounciness!!! Which Means these ! will be at the end of every sentance till about the end of the week!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!! Anyway Shoot for the Milky Way ( and bring oreos)

- Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:55 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya Windy!! Welcome to YWS!

It seems like you already know the rules (you have one review so far) but I'll go over them.

1) Before posting any of your work you must review at least two things. We like to keep a 2:1 ratio so everyone's work gets a chance at being reviwed ^_^

2) Rate your works. If you do, they will show up on the main page unless they are rated R (Rated R works have the f-word and over scenes inappropriate for younger readers).

3) No chatspeak please! It's annoying and kinda hard to read. Our eyes are already sore from staring at the computer screen for hours. We also like grammer (we're writers).

4) Reviews are more than three or four lines. So when you write things like, "This was amazing! Keep writing on this!" it won't count as a review. The longer the review, the more helpful it is to the writer and it also improves your wiriting. Also, even when you're not good at reviewing, try to give some helpful tips ^_^

Anytway, what do you write and what's your favourite genre? Again, welcome to YWS.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

7 Reviews

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:13 am
View Likes
Windy Silvermist says...

Thanks for saying hi! ( The reason I already know the rules is because I've been hanging around this site for awhile before I signed up I was waiting till I was 13 a couple days ago.) anyway my favriote genre is fantasy and historical fiction. (I also like looking at fanfiction if I know and like the story.) see you around!!!

-Windy
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:23 am
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello, Windy, I'm Ryan, or Colt, as you probably already know. If you need reviews, I'm there to PM. Or even help around here. I don't bite hard. Haha.
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

7 Reviews

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:31 am
Windy Silvermist says...

Hey I just posted on yours awhile ago cool!

-C.S. Lewis

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:08 am
Scarecrow says...

Hey, hope you have fun.

(Nate gets really upset when you eat his cookies, try to avoid their choc-chip goodness)
The price of greatness is responsibility - Whinston Chruchill

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:04 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hiyas Windy! You don't mind if I call you that, do you? Welcome!

So, it's good to meet you. I'm jealous. Almost everyone's thirteen or fourteen in my class. I'm still twelve and in eighth grade. I dislike it when the seventh graders flaunt that they're older than I am, very much so. I'm the second youngest by about ten or so hours. We were born on the same day, but I was at nine in the morning and she was somewhere late at night, near midnight. Wait... my math is flawed. Darn.

So, what are your otehr hobbies or interests? Here on YWS, we have a bunch of usergroups created for people with specific interests. You can check them out under the 'GROUPS' button up there. It'll be much more fun when you can talk to people who share your interests.

Well, it's grrreat to meet you! I hope to see you around sometime. Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Wow, I am late. A lot of stuff's already been said. Now, what's left, coloured names!

Blue- Greeters. Like Viper up there (and, me, :P). We give you the run-down of rules on the site, but, really, just about every member who posts in the Welcome forum (whether they have a blue, black, purple, green or red name) is willing to help out. I'll get to the other colours in a minute. ;)

Purple- Instructors. They go through the work that's posted on YWS with a fine-toothed comb and comment on it. Or, as some of their reviews are so affectionately called, they shred work. It's all in the name of making you a better writer though. ;)

Light green- Jr. Mods. They help the mods out by looking through certain boards.

Green- Mods. They keep everything on YWS running smoothly. They're also available to ask the more detailed questions you might have about the site, along with tips and so forth.

Red- Admins. Nate, Meshugenah and Firestarter take care of all the behind the scenes stuff on YWS. Nate is the creator of this site. :D

You can only apply for the job of Greeter and Instructor. And you can only apply after you've been on YWS a month. Greeters live in the Welcome forum, Instructors, the lit. boards.

Fantasy and history! Two of my favourite things. ^_^ Fantasy is more my game, but I'll review historical fiction if asked. I'll usually review fantasy, but only if there are zero vampires, werewolves, demons, ect. I'm free to help if you have fantasy and/or history questions, so feel free to drop me a line!

Actually, if you have any questions what-so-ever drop me a line. :D I love answering questions. ^_^

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster