z

Young Writers Society

Who.....Who.....Who.....?

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 am
Siiham says...

The only reason why I’m writing this is because I’m feeling sad today, and usually when been so, I prefer to write something, just anything, even take the pen and pretend to write something as what I’m doing now. So I was saying that I prefer to write when I’m upset because writing makes me feel better, I feel free and …. Free (this word means a lot for me). So the result is: maybe I’m upset because I’m not free, the fact which is completely wrong, everyone living with me can say I’m really free, still it maybe only physically but mentally I’m a prisoner, prisoner of what, of who? Be sure that if I knew the answers of these questions I would not be asking them again. It’s the human nature to keep asking again and again till the answers show up, and I’ll keep doing this myself till my answers come to me.
So, what am I supposed to write about? Or what am I going to write about because, in fact, nobody asked me to write this. Okay, I’ll write about me, about my life, about this person called Siham.
I’m lost, don’t know what to say about myself, or maybe there are a lot of things but I don’t know what to start about. Okay, I’ll make things easier and start by my favorite things, what I like and what I dislike. So, favorite music, I like all kinds of music. I listen to all the songs with two conditions, the first is that they must be in English, the second condition is that their lyrics must be clear and easy to understand so that I don’t need to take a dictionary with me all the time.
My favorite book is …… Frankenstein, I love this novel. But still I like all the books, specially the ones which deal with philosophy, the more I get deeper the more I enjoy and get curious to know more. I don’t like adventure and crime books, it’s strange but I do feel bored when reading them.
My favorite movie is the lake house, but again I like a lot of films, specially English and Indian films, I enjoy watching TV, and I don’t mind spending the whole day just switching from one film to another. These days, I’m watching the famous series LOST, I’m addict to it, I watch it in the Internet, and I watch about three or four episodes by day.
I like poetry, but I like just reading it and not writing. The rhythm, the tone, connotation … are complicated things for me to get. But I used to enjoy them a lot when the poetry professor used to explain everything for me, after his explanation, the poem becomes easy to understand and very simple, but very very beautiful.
My favorite food is …. Is ….. I can’t believe this; I don’t have any favorite food. I dislike a lot of stuff and I eat just a little. I eat to live and not live to eat. However, I’m not very thin, I’m just medium.
So, what else can I speak about? Oh, okay. My favorite period of age is between 18 and 23. It was the best period in my life, it was really beautiful. But I have to say that it was so because of the place where I was, the university. There, I used to feel free, mentally free. But it was just for a small period, now I’m back to my prison.
My favorite place is the library; I always dream that somebody takes me to a big library. Big means very very very big, where I can find all the books, stories, novels … that I wished to have and could not. I’m ready to spend my whole life reading and writing just if I found this imaginary library. I also like the beach, it is a place where you fell alone, and it’s beautiful to feel alone sometimes. You can get deep into yourself and you can realize a lot of things that may be good and maybe bad also. Every one of us has a white and black point in his/her heart, our role is to find these two points and make them equally so that no one destroys the other one.
I still have other favorites but I have to stop here, maybe I’ll continue this another day, when I’ll feel sad again. I don’t k now why I have the feeling that it will be soon.
Siham.

Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
— Thomas Neill