z

Young Writers Society

The Day Before Tuesday

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:00 am
Monday says...

{So I just rant about myself for a while? Sweet.}

Monday Raven Clyde(my web-name) was born during the summer of '95 and the entire first year of her life her family told her she looked like a fat blob. Monday soon started walking and lost her fat blobness and became very tiny because she walked everywhere and constantly got on her mother's nerves.

At the age of three, Monday had been sent to a daycare located in her small southern town. It was at this daycare that Monday started to bite everything in sight, including other three year olds. Also at this very daycare, Monday was introduced to her first Miyazaki film, "Kiki's Delivery Service". For the next two years of Monday's life she spent every waking moment watching the Miyazaki movie, Lion King, Jungle Book and the Aristocats.

When little Monday started school she was affraid of the teeter-totter and the monkey bars, she avioded them at all costs and resorted to digging for worms and spinning on ther merri-go-round. It took her until first grade to learn the alphabet and until third grade until she could count money and tie her own shoes.

By the age of nine Monday had figured out she was different than most kids, phsyicaly, mentally and emmotionally. Phsyically because her body was very small for her age, except for her long legs and arms. She also had asthma, making it to where she could no longer run like she loved to do and she tired faster than others. Mentally because when she looked at something as simple as paper, she could see an entire universe of possibilites. Emmotionally because someone even looking at her wrong made her cry. It was when she was nine she saw another Miyazaki film, "Spirited Away", and that one movie changed her life forever.

Anime was something Monday watched frequently and when she wasn't, she was either reading or scetching. Her entire life started to focus around art and then, at the age of twelve, she was given her first camera which she named October because it reminded her of a pumpkin. With October, Monday took atleast ten pictures everyday of anything she could find, her dogs, her cats, her three brothers. ANything and everything. She was unstoppable and thats when she wrote her first short story she titled "Names for the Nameless".

"Names for the Nameless" opened so many doors for Monday, and yet so many closed as well. She'd grown into her abnormal body, nolonger looking awkward. Even without therapy, she'd become less emmotional and learned how to act around others. And yet, art was still her escape.

Monday Raven Clyde now resides under the username 'Monday' on YWS(Young Writer's Society). She is now learning as much as possible about writing so she can start her book, "Phantom Monday".

~_~_~_~_~_~

Wow... That took a bit longer than I expected. :)
Love of mine, someday you will die. But I'll be close behind, to follow you into the dark.
- Death Cab For Cutie

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:27 am
Siiham says...

Hello Monday Raven Clyde,
This was fantastic, believe me I could not stop reading till I finished the whole thing. If in your normal writing you use this beautiful style, what am I supposed to find in your stories? Really I’m waiting for them; wish to read them as soon as possible. You are using a style which attracts the reader and keeps him reading till the end, the style and language are easy to understand……to sum up, everything was great. You’re life story is great too; in a small period you could cover a lot of things, that’s good.
See you arround,
Siham.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:46 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, Monday! It's nice to know more about you :)

Lion King! That movie rocks hard! It's always been my favourite :) (You'd never guess it from my avatar, right?)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde