z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue May 22, 2012 8:35 pm
Stori says...

Persevere! Anything worth doing is worth doing tenaciously.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri May 25, 2012 2:17 pm
dreamy09 says...

hey every one!!!

I'm new here too!!!!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri May 25, 2012 4:27 pm
JesusLvr18 says...

Hello! Since I don't have any of those star things (and am scared to use full reply after clicking on it. Too many options! Too confusing!), you probably guessed that I am new here. Umm, let's see here. My name is Heidi, I turned 14 last week (exactly!), I am a Christian (I AM SECOND!), and I love writing (but of course, that's why we're all here!)! Usually, I get a really good plot stuck in my head, but when I'm about 5-10 pages in, a bunch of new ones start crowding it out. Another big issue (besides my self-diagnosed ADD) is my procrastination. Ex. I was told about this website a month ago; I'm just now on it.
Besides writing novels and poetry, I also write songs! I love piano, and although I am not very far along book-wise, I think I am good enough to suite myself. My music tastes cover basically every genre. Right now, I'm into Kanon Wakeshima and Avenue Q, but my all-time favorite band is Newsboys! I was lucky enough to be able to go to one of their amazingly awesome concerts this year!
Okay, enough with the blah, blah, blah. I'm really here because I have no clue how this site works! (Then again, I got this far. Ah, self, stop contradicting me!) So, I need someone to tell me how all of this works.
This story is no good, I'm almost beginning to believe it.
~Samuel Beckett

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.
~Act of Betrayal by Lashea

Fri May 25, 2012 11:28 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Well my name is Destiney and I'm 14 and new her (um duh lol). I joined this website to meet new people who would like to critique my work and let me do the same to theirs. I love writing (again another duh) and love all of the cool stuff on here like the storybooks and forums and stuff. I'd love to meet new people on here who are just as eager to write as i am and i'm open to meeting just about anybody. If you wanna be a creepy stalker that's fine but just PM me that your gonna be one first so i'll be prepared. So yeah, feel free to talk to me i'm open to meeting and chatting to anyone and don't worry i'm not judge-mental or anything so feel free. Sooooo yeah nice to meet all of ya :)
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

Sat May 26, 2012 5:54 am
LeeOnyx says...

I feel vulnerable at the idea of someone reading and not liking something that i have worked so hard on. I am here for an honest response of my work, in hopes of becoming a better writer. If you love romance, or romantic fantasy, please take a look at my sneak peek of Free to love, (The Kathrine Walsh series. I have upload part 1 on here to get feedback from readers who love a good story. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it.

Random avatar

Sat May 26, 2012 10:34 pm
AbbyeGael97 says...

I'm very new to this website. Can someone please explain how everything works to me?

*very confused girl*

Mon May 28, 2012 6:45 pm
MjrMaladroit says...

Hello folks. I was pressured by my girlfriend to sign up here, but I confess that I do look forward to being a member here. My writing's definitely in need of improvement, so I hope I'll find a lot here.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed May 30, 2012 9:51 am
NewAtThis says...

Hi My names Shauna, im new to this site (hence the name) haha, but i started writing about a year ago and a friend directed me this this site. Im not sure how it works yet, but i just want feedback on my poems because i think people who dont know me will give me better constructive criticism over someone who does.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed May 30, 2012 10:19 am
Lumi says...

Whoa! Lots of new faces without greetings!

I'm not sure how many of you'll see this post, so I'll message each of you so we can chat if you have any questions or anything...but welcome to YWS! I can say this to all of you as an umbrella statement because I know it's true: you're gonna love it here!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:41 am
angelhunter97 says...

Hey guys. I'm new, and I have a small piece out if you all wish to read it at your leisure. It is called Voices: Welcome to the Games. I hope you enjoy :)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:35 pm
PaanApollo says...

Hello! I'm PaanApollo! I'm an aspiring author who indulges herself in the world of fantasy 8D

Erm, I'm a huge fan of Sea*A (Singaporean Anisong Idols) and I love anything inspirational that can give me a spur in my writing (: I write best when I feel 110% inspired by songs or real life events.

...but i think I need to brush up more on my writing skills...haha...

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 pm
Nook says...

Hello everyone! I'm Aqua1213 ,although I would prefer it if everyone called me Aqua. I'm fairly new to writing, been writing for close to a year...
But, I've also fixed my mind to writing a few books. No matter what, when it comes to interesting plots, I'm your girl! I also love music and drawing and am a complete bookworm!
And oh yeah, welcome PaanApollo! ( Even though I only joined an hour ago!)
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

Random avatar

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:31 am
samih says...

Hello everyone! I'm Samih, pronounced Sammy but, I like to spell it that way. i love uniqueness. I'm obviously new here. I'm a bit shy and I do a lot of writing as I am a multi-para roleplayer. I'm currently in the middle of writing a book. I'm not the best of writer and hope to soon get better! I'm also an aspiring actress! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 am
Ismeme says...

Hey, I'm not the most technologically (WTF word is that?) advanced person, which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me (no one), but once I figure out how to work this site hope to visit often. It seems really nice, and I hope it's as amazing as it appears. I would appreciate any pointers, and promise that I'm maybe possibly maybe not as insane as I appear. Talk to me and I'll give you some candy. I'll be the one in the windowless white van. Thanks.

Random avatar

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 pm
gotyouhigh says...

Thought it might be a good idea to get to know some people on here, so here I am. :) I've only posted one thing so far. But nice to be here! :)

If you could please check out my short story that would mean the world. I'm not so great at the moment, but I hope to become better in the future! Any helpful criticism would be gladly taken.

Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt