z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 am
confusnow says...

This post is a bit late. I joined this site right before the 'renovations' began, and I cannot find out how to review. This is the first site I've joined, so I have no experience on where to look. Also, is there a place where anyone can come and post a writing prompt? I tried several that I found online and they provided me with ample inspiration.

184 Reviews

Reviews: 184
Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:49 pm
RoyalHighness says...

Hey everybody! I'm new here too. I can't wait to start writing, but I'm in a bit of a writer's block stage... Any ideas on how to get going again?
Some things you should know about me: I'm a little too obsessed with Harry Potter and The Hunger Games...and Josh Hutcherson....but I guess I'm alright XD Nice meeting you all!

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:33 am
monsterwriter says...

im already excited!!
Sometime the world turns it's back on you. You don't need to turn your back on the world. You need to create your own world!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:39 am
Stellabeam says...

Welcome to the site you two! There are a lot of activities here to join in. If you have writers block you could always ask for a writing partner in The Double Trouble Writing Huddle under the Storybooks tab. Storybooks also allow you to write a story with several other people. People here are very helpful and you can ask me or anyone else for help! Have fun!
“A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five.”- Groucho Marx

If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."-J. Danforth Quayle

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it- M. Twain

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:41 am
camillesuarez1 says...

Hello!

I'm new here on Young Writer's Society, and the first impressions have been great. I have met really nice people on chat when i had problems. I have posted some of my stories, and i did it perfectly.

I have nothing much to say, but i hope I would stick to YWS and continue on posting my stories.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:38 am
creativityrules says...

Hey, Camille! Welcome to YWS! We're glad to have you here, and I hope you stay for quite a while. If you need anything, feel free to ask me! Happy writing!

-Rosie
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 am
Caesar says...

This is rather late, but welcome all :D
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

Reviews: 2
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 pm
GeorginaMay says...

Hello, I've just started here and seriously need some help... anybody fancy helping me? I'll be your's forever :wink:
If I could think up something that described me accurately enough in 255 characters, you'd be reading something slightly more interesting.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:59 am
guineapiggirl says...

Hello. I'm not properly new, but I'm a bit new. I joined a bit before the make-over.
I like guinea pigs, as you may have guessed, and I also like reading (historical novels and fantasy, mainly, with some classics) and writing (historical and fantasy again). I particularly like wizards, dragons and the Tudors. I also like grammar, spelling and maths and am rather a nerd :D
So, that's me.

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 am
DreamsAreReal says...

Hey not sure what to say other than hello :D I'm only on YWS a few days, and I'm still afraid to put stuff up :?

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:28 am
murtuza says...

Georgy, Guinea and Dreams! Welcome to YWS! ^.^

I don't mind helping you out, Georgina! Just post on my wall or send me a PM for any queries you may have or if you're looking for a chat. The same goes for Guinea and Dreams too! :)

Guinea, I love wizards and dragons too! 8D Welcome back to YWS! The make-over isn't finished yet, and there more awe-great features that are almost done and just need to be added. Though I'm not much of a reader. I just pick up anything that catches my fancy. What would you suggest to a fellow fantasy-genre fan? ;)

And don't worry about posting your works, Dreams. I assure you, I've posted plenty of non-sense in the form of poems and what-not and despite it, I've gotten amazing feedback and reviews from everyone here. So don't be afraid, just go ahead and do it! If you don't know how, just click 'Add New Work' link on the top of the page, next to your 'New Messages' option on the black bar and from there, you'll know your way! Happy posting!

I hope you guys enjoy YWS and I'm looking forward to reading your works. Take care!

Murtuza
:)
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

Reviews: 3
Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 am
View Likes
DreamsAreReal says...

Wow Thanks :) I'm working on something now I'll put it up when I'm done.
Thanks you, really you gave me a push to do it.

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:10 am
ShineYourLight says...

Hello! I am new on YWS!! :D
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

- Benjamin Franklin

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm
guineapiggirl says...

Murtuza, have you read Robin Hobb? I'm reading them at the moment and they're AMAZING! I really like Narnia as well... I re-read them recently and they get better every time! And Terry Pratchett. He's very good.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:33 pm
UnknownSecrets says...

Newbie here! I'm Audrianna. My top favorite things to do are 1) WRITE and 2) PLAY SOCCER(:
Every day is a challenge but I'm healing. I'm healing piece by piece. I know what happened can never be erased, but I can still wake up and put a smile on my face.

~Audrianna a.k.a UnknownSecrets

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy