z

Young Writers Society

Hello from Scotland!

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:48 pm
beckiw says...

Hello, I observed that people seem to get more replies when they post a topic rather than when they post in the welcome thread. So to get to know you all better, I thought I would post a topic.

My name is Rebecca, people generally call me Becki but I don't mind other abbreviations. I am 19 studying Film in Scotland. I like to write in my spare time, which I don't have much of :P

I came to this site because I'm interested in how good my writing actually is. Comments from the parentals just make me think they are biased. Also would love to learn how to use grammar correctly! As you can probably see from this post I am terrible at it.

So, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! :)

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm
Theodorable says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS. Hope you like it around here. If you have any questions or anything else just PM me. I hope to get to know you and I'd be happy to review any of your works. You can read the instructions and the you're good to go. See you around!
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Becki! You've certainly come to the right place if you want some non-biased reviews. Lots of members like to speak their mind about writing here, but don't let that put you off! One rule you might want to know straight up is the 2:1 ratio we have going. It basically means before you post a piece of your own, you comment on at least two other works first. Review and be reviewed, basically.

Enjoy YWS!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

272 Reviews

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:36 pm
beckiw says...

I reviewed two pieces already but I like that rule. I joined another writing forum and only got reviews from my friends basically.

What genre do you all like writing?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:42 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Your avatar is awesome. Like, totally awesome-made-of-awesome-awesome-so-awesome-of-awesomely-epic-awesome-proportions.

Awesome.

:mrgreen:

Don't change it. Plz?

And hi and welcome to Teh Site! avhay unfay oundray erehay.

Wewt.

Fantasy, Alternate History, History. <--- My genres. :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:00 pm
Firestarter says...

Already reviewing? Awesome. ;)

Historical, Fantasy, Sci-Fi are my three main writing genres: including a mix of any of the aforementioned. What about yourself?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 pm
Stori says...

What do I like? Fantasy, science (fiction and otherwise) as well as a dash of history.

If you want to do me a favor take a look at "Black Snow" (in Historical Fiction.) Just read it.

Hope you like it here. Oh, and call me Kite. Everyone does.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:20 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya!

I think I welcomed you on the Welcome New Members thread.....

Tell us what genres you like to write in! Any favourite books? Authors?

I am I fantasy writer, but I love science (just not sci-fi), history and a bunch of other stuff I won't bore you by listing.

If you need anything, drop me a line.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

272 Reviews

Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:49 pm
beckiw says...

Hey TL G-Wooster, I will try not to change my avatar :)

What exactly is alternate history?

Hey Kite, I'll have a look at your story. I'm working on something to post on here first though but I will definitely check it out :)

And to answer Rosy Unicorn and Firestarter I like to write a few different things. When I was younger teenage stories. Now I like writing Fantasy and Adventure, Some children's stories but not young children. Also sometimes Supernatural type stories, I'm interested in ghosts.

Erm favourite books.....I love Any Trudi Canavan books like Black Magician Trilogy and Age of the Five. The Black Magician Trilogy got me back into reading in a big way. I also like any James Clemens books like The Banned and The Banished and The Godslayer Trilogy (which I am waiting for him to complete). I enjoy Karen Miller's books also.
Usually I like reading Fantasy as you can probably tell, I love getting stuck into a trilogy or series. I do like reading the odd Historical Romance book though.

Nice to meet you all!

'Goes to bookmark Kite's story'

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

I am a romance and fantasy writer. but i am starting to dip into another areas. I hope you have read all of the rules alread and have a feel for what is going on her.

If you need anything, including friendship, Please feel free to pm me.

Welcome to YWS and I look Forward to seeing your work around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Becki!

I'm mainly a poetry writer because my story attempts in the past were awful. I may try again in the future, but we'll see.

Now for the fun part...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt008 :smt016 :smt026 :smt006 :smt005 :smt004 :smt002 :smt031 :smt021 :smt032 :smt034 :smt035 :smt043 :smt051 :smt068 :smt072 :smt027 :smt061 :smt080 :smt081 :smt082 :smt117 :smt109 :smt077 :pirate1: :ftw:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

272 Reviews

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:28 pm
beckiw says...

Lol thank you niteowl. Well any attempt I have made a poetry has been awful :P

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:21 pm
Stori says...

Oh well, we can't all be poets.

272 Reviews

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:22 pm
beckiw says...

My dad is a poet, he writes great stuff but I just prefer to construct a narrative I guess. I admire how poets can get so much meaning across in so few words.

I am trying to rewrite a piece of story I wrote when I was 14 but I just got ill! Bad timing lol

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 am
cheese9975 says...

Welcome! Scotland is a place I'd love to visit someday, it seems beautiful!

YWS is so much fun, as you'll come to see, everyone is kind and welcoming! If you're looking to learn more about grammar, you've come to the right place. I'm not great with grammar either, but I've learned a lot from posting here!
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss