Hi,
Im brainy, [or so my best friend calls me]
and I love to read to!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:21 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Hehehehe, Sunny. :lol:
I think I'm constantly in a Twilight bashing mode, but I'm glad you've found a happy medium. XD

Lovely to meet you, kloka. Brainy? Reader? All the better. ^_^
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:12 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

It's hard to explain. The books drove me mad, but I LOVE Jacob Black and the werewolves in general - Embry, Seth, Leah...they all just rocked. And I liked the movie. I thought Edward was more realistic and vampire-like instead of just being like "Everybody look at me and my male model bod!!! OMG!!!"

I will say this for Twilight: It taught me how to write a romance scene. Read Chapter 13, then do the opposite. :) The two main love interests in my novel have like an anti-Edward/Bella relationship. It's awesome. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

202 Reviews

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:33 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

That's a nice life philosophy you have there, Sunny. :wink:
Do the opposite of Stephanie Meyer, and you have a great story.
Heh.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:41 pm
LilyJamey says...

Wow. You sound like a smarter me. :) Only it's my brother who laughed at my work, and I speak and write English, Chinese and Malay. I barely know any French and definitely not Latin or Spanish. And I have never heard of Thomas Hardy, Daphne du Maurier, Leo Tolstoy, Laurence Olivier and Ashley Howard. I don't have OCD or GAD.

Oooooook, maybe we don't share so many things in common. But I gotta agree with you on the part about nobody understanding. It's so nice to know I'm not totally crazy, either that or most people on this site are nuts. Whoopiee. I never find anyone my type in real life.

I guess I'm rambling, just a little. Sorry. I must sound like a sucker. But I would like know more about you, compare notes and all. (Ok, that just sounded downright stupid, but I'll post it anyway becuase my parents are going to sleep and the computer is in their room.)
Got YWS?

202 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:04 am
CastlesInTheSky says...

XD You don't sound like a sucker at all. Feel free to chat to me, anytime.
And :shock: You've never heard of Thomas Hardy, Daphne du Maurier, Leo Tolstoy, Laurence Olivier and Ashley Howard? You must get their books/films for me now...now! Lol, don't let me scare you. I'm just a slight...fanatic. ^_^

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:59 am
Lost_in_dreamland says...

You've never heard of Thomas Hardy, Daphne du Maurier, Leo Tolstoy, Laurence Olivier and Ashley Howard? You must get their books/films for me now...now! Lol, don't let me scare you. I'm just a slight...fanatic. ^_^

Hardy. Read Hardy! He's amazing. Daphne du Maurier, I'm guessing she? is in a film? Laurence Olivier, he was in Wuthering Heights, wasn't he? Ashley Howard, I think I've heard of him :lol:

But do read Hardy, he rocks, and I'm sure the rest do too, trust Sarah, she'll be right ;)
-Kirsten xxx
for what are we without words and stories?

202 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Kaila - I don't really have OCD, lol. I just have a tendency to be somewhat OCD-ish when it comes to people spilling crumbs and mispelling words.

Daphne du Maurier is a famous writer, she wrote 'Rebecca.' Which was coincidentally made into a film starring Laurence Olivier. Yep, Olivier also starred in the earliest production of Wuthering Heights. He was so young and cute there. :wink: Leo Tolstoy wrote the famous Anna Karenina, and Ashley Howard starred in my favourite film of all time, Gone with the Wind.
[/filmography]

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:32 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

Ah ;)
for what are we without words and stories?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:10 am
LilyJamey says...

I have that CD! Gone With The Wind... The last time we watched it, I was too little to understand most of it (2? 3?), but my sister loved it. My brother, the Rambo-and-Rocky-loving guy, almost killed me when I suggested we watch it. He said it's 4 discs of pure torture.

Which was his comment about Leo Tolstoy, too.

But his tastes are most definitely different than mine, so I think I'll watch it someday.
Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:16 pm
Demeter says...

I've heard of Laurence Olivier! And I'm reading Gone With the Wind now. What's really confusing me is that in the beginning it was said that Scarlett wasn't beautiful, but still, weirdly enough, all the men are hooked on her. And Vivien Leigh was beautiful, I think. But it's still a good book.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

202 Reviews

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:33 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Lol, I know. I finished Gone with the Wind [for the fifth time!] about a day ago. I think they're just drawn to Scarlet's vivacity and spirit, she's just that kind of woman that attracts men. :wink:
It's funny how bratty and spoilt Scarlet O'Hara can sometimes come across, but how the reader still ends up being drawn to her. A good example of how flaws can be wonderful in creating characters.

[/nerdrave]

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:41 am
Princess says...

*Le Gasp* Your an actress too?

Yay!!!

*huggles*
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

202 Reviews

Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:06 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

*huggles back*

Acting is amazing, though half the time I'm too self-concious to participate in anything. :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:01 am
Minimal says...

I read the entire thing. I love Yeats.

Don't be sad bc sad backwards is das and das not good
— LadyMysterio