z

Young Writers Society

glbtq

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:06 am
View Likes
filmcanister says...

do we have any other glbtq persons here? (gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning)

because i am a lesbain. yup.
where are you guys located? what's it like there? are you out? everything!

i'm from california. so most people are pretty liberal, though in this city we definately have our fair share of conservatives who would like nothing better than to remove us entirely. everybody knows. my parents, "unofficially." i think they've figured it out. hello, this is my girlfriend. then they ask her if she eats meat.

though i do ride horses. and with that community comes a lot of the older, christian traditions. that is always a little harder to get along in, at least with the adults.

what about you?

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:37 am
View Likes
ohhewwo says...

I'm not, but I hate people that are like that. Not glbtq people, I mean the narrow-minded, red-necky people that freak out over people that aren't heterosexual.

I'm pretty comfortable than most guys my age about my sexuality, so if a guy walks up to me and puts his arm around me, I don't really care. In that situation, I'd put my arm around him. I actually do that a lot. Does that by chance bother non-heterosexual people? Like does it offend y'all when we joke about that? I mean, when I do it, I'm not making fun of glbtq people, I'm just not uncomfortable when doing that. Do you understand what I'm saying at all?

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:48 am
View Likes
Incandescence says...

I don't consider myself gay; quite the contrary, actually. However, I am like...dating a guy.

:twitch:
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

148 Reviews

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:27 pm
View Likes
ohhewwo says...

... that's different ... tryin' new things, huh?

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:49 am
View Likes
Emma says...

Kool! Nice to meet ya!

Its nice when someone can admit about that.. Welcome and hope you like it here!! I hope to see your work, but i won't crit (as I can't) I will just give you meaningless praises.. Like everywhere else i reply to..

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:57 am
View Likes
Shadow Knight says...

I am not glbtq. But i have no problem's with anyone that is, but people who don't like glbtq people, I don't like people discriminating about that, or discriminating about anything for that matter. Though I have a problem being touched by other guys, even if it's on the arm or back, I panic a bit, I always think people are going to hit me. I blame that on my brother, who used to beat me a fair bit when we were younger.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

148 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:06 am
View Likes
ohhewwo says...

Yeah, I have the same "Hitting instinct thing," but if a guy touches me and I know that they're not gonna hit me, I'll play along.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:15 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Hello! And welcome! :D

I'm not glbtq, but many of my friends are. *shrugs*

I don't have that hitting instinct.. I actually crave touch. From either sex. Don't take that wrongly.. I just feel as comfortable hugging or cuddling with a girl as I do with a guy. It's nothing sexual.
Love and Light

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:19 am
View Likes
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

im with ohhewwo, i just play along. wat i dont like is when ppl spread rumors about me being gay, i have nothing against them now, its just htat that rumor made elementary school (every year from like 4th grade up) slowly crawl by, hanging around only my best freinds who didnt car bout the rumor they just thought it was stupid, but everybody else was (little frustration outake)kasj;lghas;dlhja;sjdhg;lajhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. i have nothing against them, i think they have should have every right everybody else has. thsi situation is sorta like the rascicm in alabama, they will try to put them down, but htere are ppl who will stand up for them (i try to be like that, i actually debated that in class infront of many toher students i was for no laws agianst gltb. i dontminde. my mom knows a gay guy but she knows he is really nice, they are ppl who are just a little more different, adn no single person is normal, i know for sur im not. i was stupid to think glbh ppl were mesed up in elementary school, but hey i was a narrow minded kid and that was new to me then. i am pretty sure ppl will agree with my point. there is nothing to worry about, they are ppl just like me and you. keep cool. were with you all the way. Fyi:in not gay.

-DQ- 8)

148 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:25 am
View Likes
ohhewwo says...

I'm glad that you feel that way, DQ.

Has anyone noticed that fimcanister, the person who started this thread, hasn't posted on it once since her first post.

375 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:29 am
View Likes

she did start it in februrary she prbably hasnt looked at it since, and if you ever come back, im from california 2

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:00 pm
View Likes
Caligula's Launderette says...

thought I'd post something here about my beliefs. I have a boyfriend, but I don't consider myself strait, or lesbian, or bi. Personally I hate labels, all they do is constrict feelings, thoughts, actions....things of that nature. I don't really think it should matter, but they again I'm a very opened minded person. and yes I too am from California.

CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

375 Reviews

Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:54 am
View Likes

all to true CL. california rules dont ya think?

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Mon May 09, 2005 4:44 pm
View Likes
Harley says...

California here we come,
Right back where we started from,
Californiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Here we coooooooooooooooooooooooome...

lol

I gots to admit, I love gay guys. I mean, most of them are really cute, andI love shows like Will&Grace and Queer Eye, so, yeah, I love 'em. Maybe that's why I love Rocky Horror so much.

None of my friends are glbtq, as far as i know, but to everyone that is- go you! it's a huge step to admit to yourself who you really are, but once you do you should feel proud of yourself! w00t

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu May 12, 2005 10:16 am
View Likes
IGuessImAnUnderwaterThing says...

I love you.
You're just an empty cage girl if you kill the bird.

"The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein