z

Young Writers Society

This is me, jumping on the chance to talk about myself.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:19 pm
Shriek says...

*Grins*

I've been here for two weeks or so, but I haven't really gotten acquainted with anyone on this forum yet, so... *Extends hand* Hi, I'm Lyndsey, nice to meet you. I really like it here so far--this seems like a great place to get critiques, and everyone is really friendly, which is surprising. At another forum I belong to, I get my head bitten off every time I speak my mind. Of course, I haven't really looked around the debate section yet... Haha. ;)

Uhm, about myself: I play the guitar, write satire, and sleep in my (non-existent) spare time. I have a healthy obsession with musical theater--singing, dancing, and just performing in general are amazing. I'm also a Christian, and though I try not to force my beliefs on anyone else, my morals are one thing that I absolutely refuse to compromise. I try to put passion into everything I do, whether it's singing, writing, or performing.

*Nods* Pretty much your stereotypical theater/music nerd, I am.

...Sorry to put you to sleep there. I look forward to reading and critiquing some of your works and (possibly?) making some friends on this forum in the future. :)
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:40 pm
niteowl says...

Hey, Shriek. I think I already gave you your gift, but if I'm mistaken, just let me know and I'll get you one.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

196 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:12 am
Shriek says...

Gift? Uhhh, I don't think so... But that's alright--you don't have to give me anything!

Nice to meet you, by the way. What's your name?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:46 am
Meshugenah says...

hehe, real? I like her nickname better, Tae!

I saw the words theatre and obsession.
*Nods* Pretty much your stereotypical theater/music nerd, I am.

that makes two of us! but i'm a pit (orchestra, for those that would give me a weird look at the word "pit") person, no stage for me in several years.

oh, I'm Mesh (well here..) but the names Bek. I go by Mesh, though.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

196 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:16 am
Shriek says...

Bek/Mesh:

Aha! The "pit" is a very respectable position. What instrument do you play? And do you have a favorite musical? My favorite instrumentation for a musical would have to be "Children of Eden". Guhhhhh, it's so good.

*Drools*

;)

488 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:31 pm
Meshugenah says...

I play clarinet! right now I'm in a production of Oliver! (the songs won't get out of my head!) and it's closing night. I don't think I have a favorite musical, as I haven't head/seen/played all of them! I love the music for Phantom of the Opera, but the story is a little off from the book... I haven't heard of Children of Eden. What's it about?

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

196 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:45 pm
Shriek says...

Clarinet! Excellent. How long have you been playing?

Ahhhh, Oliver. That's a great show--one of my friends played Nancy in it awhile ago in it.

Yeah! I've never read the book for the Phantom, but I remember one of my friends being upset because the show didn't stay true to the book. The movie was alright. *Shrugs* Everyone's all, "OMGGERARDBUTLER!" and I'm just like "Wasn't the Phantom supposed to be ugly?" Haha, I dunno.

Children of Eden was written by Steven Shwartz, who is amazing. He's written the music/lyrics for Wicked, Godspell, Pippin, and a bunch of others, and those shows all have incredible music (at least in my opinion). Gah, I could go on for hours. Well, COE is about the book of Genesis. You know, the story of Adam and Eve getting expelled from the Garden of Eden, Cain and his story of murdering Able, Noah and the Ark. I can envision you yawning right now, but it's really not boring at all. It's a comedy/drama, so it's the best of both worlds. :) Plus, it's not OMGRELIGION! A couple public schools just put it on in the area, so yeah...

Oh wow. I wrote a lot. Sorry about that. *Weak smile*

488 Reviews

Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:01 pm
Meshugenah says...

yes, phantom is supposed to be ugly..

hehe, the girl that played nancy had a really good voice. such an interesting charatcer, eh? sikes was a favorite..

Clarinet! Excellent. How long have you been playing?

I've been playing for.. *thinks* 5 years. Do i sense another clarinetist? jw...

feel free to ramble abotu COE, i think i may have to see it now!

I <3 Rydia

196 Reviews

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:13 am
Shriek says...

Haha. Nah, I don't play clarinet--I wish. A couple of my friends do, in band. But my family really doesn't have the money...

Ah! If you ever do see Children of Eden, make sure to tell me what you thought of it. ;)

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness