z

Young Writers Society

So I'm like... new here.. ^_^

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed May 09, 2007 7:55 pm
Archae says...

Topic name says it all!

I've been writing for as long as I can remember now, and am still working on my first two novels. I write short stories as well, but most focus around my full length work.

I live in Britain, in Essex, in a town called Little Maplestead. Weather is terrible, so I have an excuse to be inside writing rather than outside, playing! I'm also a musician, for the most part. Drums and Guitar, but I'm not that great... :(

Currently got a Sci-Fi in progress, which is about one hundred and eighty A5 pages (Ten Chapters) and a smaller fiction which is... well, I never counted the number of pages on that one! :oops:

So, let me be the first one to say... Hello. :wink:
Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy... they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. -- To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed May 09, 2007 8:04 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Archae, good to see another Brit on board! (we're a suffering minority here)

Unfortunately, you're from the south, but I won't hold it against you (much). Anyway, have fun!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed May 09, 2007 8:06 pm
Saphira says...

WooHoo! I love meeting brits on YWS (there isn't really enough!)

Well welcome and i will see you around!

~ Saphira ~
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

12 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2007 8:26 pm
Archae says...

Heh, don't worry, I'm not an Essex boy. (Although he do have a fair few of them around here...) :cry:
Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy... they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird. -- To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Thu May 10, 2007 3:16 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!!! I'm gymnast_789, but people just call me gymnast for short. Well, I hope you enjoy the site! If you need anything feel free to PM me! Hope to see you around!

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu May 10, 2007 4:02 pm
Alainna says...

Heya Archae, welcome to YWS!!!!

I'm a London gal myself but glad to hear you're not the typical Essex boy (although I doubt many of them are aspiring authors....).

I wish I could play the guitar.......I do have an electric guitar from my uncle who teaches guitar, but it is gathering dust in the corner of my room!

Feel free to pm me if you need a crit or anything and I'll be happy to help!

Anyways,
Nice to meet you,
Alainna
xxxxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu May 10, 2007 5:00 pm
Tyd says...

Hey, welcome to YWS :D I'm new too and from Britain. Weather is getting considerately better in these parts (Leicester) :P
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 pm
Dream Deep says...

*pokes CJ*

Code Red: the imp smiley cachet has been compromised.

Hah, but in any event, welcome, Archae. If you're interested in Sci-Fi, you might check out Prosithion's Dark Orbit Usergroup, here: viewforum.php?f=117

I look forward to reading some of your work, and I hope you enjoy it on the site, Archae. ^_^

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu May 10, 2007 5:05 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hello Archae-san, and welcome to the YWS!
Ooh, a musician. What kind of music do you play? Are you going to put your novel up? How do you like your toast? What color is a banana? Why am I asking you all this? (J/k, j/k! :lol:)
Hope you enjoy it here! :)

~Ink
ohmeohmy

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu May 10, 2007 5:09 pm
Poor Imp says...

'Lo Archae, and welcome to YWS!

Really, we can't have too many Englanders about ^_~ - southern or no. Ha, and I had to welcome you anyhow, for Dream Deep seems to have noticed your use of the ^_^ smiley rather than :D in your topic title. ^^'

Science fiction then? Do post it - the sci-fi forums in Literary are slightly bleak at the moment. And, if you've any questions, feel free to PM me, or any of our mods (and admins) - Jack [Firestarter] and his prejudices are included. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

12 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2007 5:43 pm
Archae says...

I play a wide genre of songs, but stick to heavy metal when I'm alone.

I'll put some chapters up, see how things go!

I like toast with butter, jam and cut into four bits!

A banana is yellow, or possible green if it's not quite... normal.

Another good question... Why am I answering this things? :lol:

Heh, well thanks for the welcome ya'll! :roll:

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri May 11, 2007 3:05 am
Emerson says...

Bonjour et bienvenue,

Not that I'm sure it hasn't been said already, but if I could be of any service and help feel free to contact me =D Enjoy YWS!

And yay for Scifi!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

I regret everything.
— Ron Swanson