z

Young Writers Society

Let's try this again!

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon May 07, 2007 7:35 am
extrastapled says...

Hey!

I joined this forum way back in January, and since then I've been lurking around, reading everyone's stories, posting once or twice in the community forums and leaving a few reviews here and there.

Now, I have gathered myself for an assault on my own laziness. If I can write 1500 words in one day with no sweat, like I did yesterday, then that should be my goal; after all, I've got a lot of time to sit around and write, working the graveyard shift. That's almost NaNo proportions! Of course, that only counts on work nights. Nights off will probably be only 500. Still, that's 500 more than I've been doing!

So, expect to actually see me around, instead of just being that one girl who you see every once in a while. Of course, that also means that I'll be doing a lot more reviewing, in order to keep up a two-for-one ratio, and that's good, too!

Wanna trade? I'll do you if you do me!

:oops:

...no! Not like that!

A brief reintroduction:

My name is Persephone, and I live in southeast Alaska. I work, now, the graveyard shift at the Super 8 Motel; they call the position Night Audit, but all that really means is that I have a little more paperwork to do and I have to deal with fewer people, which is more than okay with me. I recently quit drinking and smoking cigarettes, so I've got a lot of nervous energy that, hopefully, I'll be able to channel into writing.

Come talk to me! It gets lonely in computer land in the middle of the night...

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Mon May 07, 2007 9:12 am
sworddance says...

Hey extrastapled! I just joined a few days ago, but I've seen you around. Your thread here reminded me of a question I had for you.... what the heck is "siflay hraka?"
Because for some reason it sounds familiar, but for the life of me I can't place it....
So.... the graveyard shift; yay....
One of those things I hope to gods I'll never have to do, I guess. At least it gives you time for posting!
Anyway, your post made me laugh, and I definitely appreciated that since I'm in the middle of a late-night completion of my Spanish final, cause I've had a hard time focusing on it.... as you can see by my being here instead.
rofl so anyway, I'll be glad to trade reviews with you if you want. The only piece I have posted right now is Ace of Threes, but you're welcome to take a look. I can certainly use anything you can give, because while that one just needs to be touched up with a bit of review and advice, the second story that goes along with it is really rough, and it will help tremendously to have the first one smoothened; that way, its base is stronger, so I can fill in details otherwise nonexistent. The way I see it, when the first is settled I can settle the second, heyla?

Just point me toward anything you want me to look at; pm if you want.

bei'theh!

~sworddance
Drummer, beat, and dancer, fly
The floods of war are crashing nigh
Raise the mountain, blade the fire
And woe to they who voked your ire…
-----People do speak in semicolons; they just don't know it.------

Random avatar

Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 am
extrastapled says...

I only have one story posted right now, myself. It's not a very serious story, really, but I can always use tips on my style, and how to make the story interesting, depite the fact that it's a high school romance. ( There were so many of them in the romance forum, I finally caved and started one myself. )

I'll have to check out your story while I'm waiting for it to be time to print my paperwork :P

And "silflay hraka" is from Watership Down. The part I'm thinking of, specifically, is when Bigwig says to Woundwort, "Silflay hraka, u embleer rah." I can swear in rabbit :wink:

Silflay: to feed ( specifically, above ground )

Hraka: droppings

Put it together yourself, lol.

101 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 10:06 am
sworddance says...

ROFL that explains why I've seen it before; I've never read it before, but I've been told to countless times and I've thumbed through it before, considering it, but I never did get around to it. My mom recommended it to me, and her recommendations are always good. But, that's a classic, so no doubt I saw it where someone else referenced it.
Anyway, I'll check out your piece. I finished my Spanish :D so I'm free to do so, but I won't get around to review right away because I gotta sleep sometime, since I have school in about... oh, 6 hours.
Go figure.
bei'theh!

~sworddance

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon May 07, 2007 11:27 am
Emerson says...

Hey!!

Jenna told me about you xD *hadn't know it was you at the time* Awesome that you quit drinking/smoking but I bet your body is freaking out from the lack of addiction.

Doing it nano-style? We're having a May Novel Writing month (the forum is in community, somewhere...) and I haven't really set many rules so starting behind is OK. Maybe you can take a look ;-)

Hope you enjoy the site even more this time 'round.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Mon May 07, 2007 6:37 pm
extrastapled says...

@sworddance:

You should definitely read it. It's my second most favorite book of all time, Seriously, it's almost the best book every written. I love Watership Down.

@Claudette:

Told? About me? I didn't think anyone paid attention to me around here :oops:

I took a look at your NaNo thing, though, and it sounds like a good idea to me, even if the wordcount I'd have to maintain would be quite a strain. It'll be good for me, and maybe it'll help me get one of these stories out of my head.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon May 07, 2007 7:38 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

Wow.

Is it just me, or does everyone live in Alaska?

Haha. I'm kiding.

Welcome!
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue May 08, 2007 2:55 am
Jennafina says...

Yeah, I was telling Clau how weird it was to discover someone from the same place on a website that's not gigantic. :D Hi again!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

101 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2007 3:16 am
sworddance says...

And from Alaska!
Lowest population of all states!
Wtf is with this?!
Pretty sweet, though. I guess Alaska just breeds creativity; you know, the whole beauty of the last frontier thing. Not to mention that we understand survival!
Eh, anyway. I shall add that book to my list of summer reads, because now you've made me deathly curious.
bei'theh!

~sworddance

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Tue May 08, 2007 3:41 am
Trident says...

Lowest population of all states!

I'm pretty sure Wyoming has this distinction, but I could be wrong.

I'm glad you have found time to post more, extrastapled. 8)
Perception is everything.

101 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2007 4:24 am
sworddance says...

:oops: I left out a word....
population density

There we go- thanks for the catch rofl

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Thu May 10, 2007 1:18 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hello!!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
— Albus Dumbledore