z

Young Writers Society

Get To Know Me (Though I Don't Know Why You'd Want To)

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun May 06, 2007 10:39 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

Heyyy.

Okay, now about MEH. MEHMEHMEHMEH.

I'm 12 13. 7th grade, unfortunately.

I live in Texas (No, we don't freakin' ride horses to school. We don't have the exaggerated accents and all, though I really do say "ya'll.")

Ya'll.

*Giggle*.

Hrm.

I was born on a beautiful Christmas Eve day in Parsippany, New Jersey, moved to this freaking hot state around three.

I do sort of not regret it.

I love Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, such and such and such.

Maddie, Ryan Ross is mine, but you can have Brendon Urie and Wentzy there.

Hrm.

I like saying "meh"... a lot. Meh. >.<

>.< <-------- and that cute little face right there ish MINE.

I have a bunk bed. *Snort*. I throw all my clothes on the top bunk.

*Snort snort*.

Hrm.

Anyways.

I have a boyfriend. He's totally wonderful.

I love writing and such, I suck at photography, and I'm Chinese.

Chinese. Chinese Chinese.

Well, technically, Taiwanese, but Chinese.

Not Japanese.

Not Thailandnese. O.o

Not kingkongwangwongshibangabonganese.

[Sorry if I offended anyone with that, I hate how people do that weird trying-to-talk-in-Chinese thing and they sound like a cripple. Not that I have anything against cripples.]

But anyways.

O.o

That's pretty much all about meh. I'll fill you in with the wonderful details of meh life later.

(Taken from Paigeykins.proboards78.com)

Despite the feeling of illiteracy in the...*cough* very first sentence I posted, I am very...literate. To a point. I don't mind capitalization errors, it's just that I have a pet peeve for spelling errors. The people in my class call me the walking dictionary, and that pretty much is true.

I love editing. I want to be an editor-lawyer when I grow up. An impossible-sounding combination, not to mention lethal, but...you know. So send your stories and such to me. Mwaha. (No poems, please. I think that all poems, usually, are beautiful)

Hmm....I think that's it, pretty much. I look forward to polishing my writing as well on this forum.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Sun May 06, 2007 10:58 pm
sworddance says...

rofl welcome! I'm a newbie too. Don't worry, if you don't crack any jokes about me riding dog sleds to school I won't make any about you riding horses to school... I'm Alaskan, in case you didn't guess.
Heh, about the editing... you sound a lot like me! My friends call me the same thing... so do my l'il bros. I think we'd get along quite well if I knew you hehehehehe
But, if you do want a review on anything, pm if you want; I'm always willing to review ;)
bei'theh!
Drummer, beat, and dancer, fly
The floods of war are crashing nigh
Raise the mountain, blade the fire
And woe to they who voked your ire…
-----People do speak in semicolons; they just don't know it.------

125 Reviews

Sun May 06, 2007 11:00 pm

Niiiice. That's awesome. I've always wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska O.o.

It's amazing, the number of people who think we chew grass and talk like hillbillies and actually ride horses to school. Ford is a Texas-based company, I think, so look at the freaking number of CARS we have around here.

Nice to meet you.

101 Reviews

Sun May 06, 2007 11:51 pm
sworddance says...

hehe, likewise with Alaska. I mean, it's kinda hard to imagine a non-industrialized state where the main source of state revenue is OIL.
So, what kind of things do you write? genre-wise, what's your favorite? If it's fantasy you'll have an instant reviewer in the form of yours truly *grin*
Or, are you here to gratuitously -and figuratively- wield the red pen?
Heh, or a bit of both?
anyways, bei'theh!

~sworddance

125 Reviews

Sun May 06, 2007 11:56 pm

Actually, both.

I tend to lean in whatever my mind takes me. If it's fantasy, then so be it. If it's sci-fi (most likely not), and I have a good idea for it, then sure. But it really depends on my ideas. I'm working, seriously, on a YA fantasy right now. I mean, seriously. Hammering out the plot, working with the characters, the whole shebang.

But I love to edit, since it takes less energy (usually).

:D

By the way, what does "bei'theh" mean?
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon May 07, 2007 12:00 am
Emerson says...

Bonjour et Bienvenue,

Texas is by no means a weird state! I miss Texas... *used to live there*

herm, anyhow. If you find yourself in need of help or you get lost or you'd like a friendly critique (or anything, pretty much) feel free to PM me and I'll help you out as much as I can =D

You sound fun, though emo... (take no offense.) I noticed your thing on grammar (more like, looked at it for a few seconds xD) Yay for grammar!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the site. Bonne chance with your editor-lawyer thing.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

125 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 12:12 am

Wow. I feel honored at the title of "emo". And no, I'm not offended. Though I still wonder how I sound emo, haha.

Yes, yay for grammar. I intend to start a new movement of literacy.

Nice to meet you!
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

101 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 12:37 am
sworddance says...

sweeeeet.... I'll look forward to seeing your story posts. If you need something to review first, though, go ahead and take a look at mine. It's called Ace of Threes, in the Other Fiction thread, because for once it *gasp* isn't fantasy.
Oh, sorry, and bei'theh is a farewell.... it comes from one of my fantasy short story-novella things, and I've kinda taken to using it. My bad. Meh, maybe you'll be seeing where it comes from eventually, but right now I'm just posting the fiction story.
bei'theh, now that you know what it means! ;D

~sworddance

125 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 12:57 am

Wow. That's cool!

Alright. I'm going to look at it! :D

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Mon May 07, 2007 1:02 am
JC says...

hehe, Hey...uh...*searches for a nickname...* Hearts! Welcome! hehe.
Now you have two Alaskans to talk to...only I actually do ride a sled dog team to most of my destinations..it's just fun! =D hehe. Anyways, I'm JC...(which has nothing to do with n'sync or backstreet boys..whichever one it was...)

Seeing as you're big on spelling, I feel I should point this out to you now, yes, I know JCobsesed is spelled wrong. There's reason to my madness. Most of the time.

Anyways, good for you! Wanting to be and editor-lawyer, though I would personally find the job tedious...I just hate editing. Oh well. Once again, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here! Hope to see you around!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

125 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 1:18 am

Haaah. Don't worry. I won't hate you for it. And I'm insane, too. We should start a club.

Hrm. Anyways. That's awesome!

You can call me Serena Valentina, Serena, whatever. It's my pseudonym. Pretty, isn't it?

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Mon May 07, 2007 2:10 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! I'm gymnast_789, but people call me gymnast for short.

No, we don't freakin' ride horses to school.

I live in Montana and a lot of people think that about us too!

Anyways...if you need anything feel free to PM me. Hope you enjoy it here. See ya around!

125 Reviews

Mon May 07, 2007 2:14 am

Thanks! It was nice to meet you.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon May 07, 2007 11:58 am
Alainna says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

YAY for Fall Out Boy! This ain't a scene......

ANYWAYS!!!!!!!!!

You'll fit right in here, loads of spelling and grammar freaks (no offense.....it's true!) including me to an extent.

So, if you need anything, just pm me and I'll be happy to help!

See ya around,
Alainna
xxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon May 07, 2007 12:45 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Hey, and welcome!

You sound like a lot of fun, and I agree, grammatical errors are irritating. I can't stand reading a piece where there's no punctuation or anything, and spelling errors are present due to carelessness. Grrr!

I love MCR, they're so the best!

Hope you enjoy it here, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

-Kaz
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon