z

Young Writers Society

>.>

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Wed May 02, 2007 7:57 am
sworddance says...

Hey everyone; been looking at the site for a while now, truly impressed by some of what I saw and decided here might be a good place to get feedback for some of my work and offer my humble assistance to others. I've been writing since 7th grade (and good gods, was my first stuff ever terrible) and I've avidly stuck with it.... too avidly, since I'm here joining a writing forum when I'm supposed to be researching how the 14th amendment affected due process of law......
*shifty eye shifty eye*
Anyway, I'm itching to take a look at and maybe critique some of the stuff on this site, but I'll have to get to that later, since I'm already going ADD just being here.

___/\________\o/____ man being chased by a shark!

(speaking of ADD)

Cheers, adios, bei'theh and wind to thy will, sibs!

:wink:
Drummer, beat, and dancer, fly
The floods of war are crashing nigh
Raise the mountain, blade the fire
And woe to they who voked your ire…
-----People do speak in semicolons; they just don't know it.------

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed May 02, 2007 1:38 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Ohayo and welcome to the YWS! :hands you cookie with "Welcome to the YWS!" on it in green icing:
I'm Sumi. Da Baroness and Terminal Geek. :mrgreen:
Do you write poetry or fiction or what? I mean, besides the reports :roll:

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy yourself here! :)

~Sumi
ohmeohmy

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed May 02, 2007 1:58 pm
tjmk says...

{Well then... welcome... I am-}
[He's not talking to you. He's in enough trouble as it is being out right now.]

Hiya sworddance!
Welcome to the group. I'm new as well, but this place looks pretty cool.
(You won't be seeing much of him on the boards and stuff right now though, as he is trying to edit his friend's chapter.)

So, do you fence or something, or do you just like the name sworddance?
(He only asks because he used to fence and for some reason considers himself to be fairly decent at it.)

That shark is awesome, I'm going to have to add that to my jokes. :D

__________/\____________\o/________

That's all, for now...
-tjmk
"An absolute monarchy is one in which the sovereign does as he pleases so long as he pleases the assassins."
--Ambrose Bierce

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed May 02, 2007 6:09 pm
Esmé says...

Hiya there,

Welcome to YWS :D This is such a wonderful site :D :D :D (and takes sooo much time, but shshhhh)

Anyway, welcome again!

-Elein

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed May 02, 2007 7:06 pm
Alainna says...

Hiya and Welcome to YWS!!!!

Yeah, this site does kinda stop you from getting other stuff done; especially when you get absorbed in some great writing!

Well, if you have any questions or need anything check out the FAQ's or pm me and I'll be happy to help!

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed May 02, 2007 10:36 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! I'm gymnast_789, but people call me gymnast for short. I hope you enjoy it here...i'm sure you will. Well, if you need anything feel free to PM me! See ya around!

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 pm
JC says...

*Sing's you a welcoming song*

Welcome to YWS!!!! I'm JC (obviously hehe) and if you ever need anything feel free to send me a message/PM (which is actually the same thing, but that's another story...which I could get into...but I wont for the sake of time...=D) See, I have ADD too!!!! hehe

I love your shark!

__________/\____________\o/________

Anyways, if you ever want me to crit something don't hesitate to tell me, and I'll do just that as soon as I can!!!!

Look forward to seeing you around, and

Happy writings!!!!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

101 Reviews

Thu May 03, 2007 12:12 am
sworddance says...

Hey guys! Thanks for the welcome :D
In answer to your questions, I write almost exclusively fantasy, but I also like fiction. I have a couple stories I'm working on right now, one of which is part of a fantasy series of short stories and the other of which is fiction of some sort.... I'm not sure which category it would fit into here, since it's not exactly a romance or an adventure or anything; it's just kinda mainstream fiction, I guess. But fantasy's my obsession lol
When it comes to reading, I'll devour anything that comes my way, but my area of expertise in writing is more narrow....

Oh, and no, I don't fence, but I want to take some fencing classes through the University up here. "Sworddance" comes from some of my short stories (more like novellas, actually), from a character in them who's known as a sword dancer. It's an online username I've used a couple places before- coursenotes.org, if you've been there :D

That's part of the series one I mentioned. I tend to kinda stick to one subject and/or "world," I guess you could call it, and leave it quite reluctantly if I ever finish it. Right now that series is on the third out of what will be six originally, then if I feel like it I'll expand into a couple more.
Unfortunately, that habit of sticking like glue can get me into a rut sometimes... but that's why I have multiple ones going ^.^

by the way... I love cookies! Thanks!

What about you guys? What do you write in? I'd like to have a look if you have anything posted already :D

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu May 03, 2007 2:48 am
Shafter says...

Welcome, Sworddance! Your name totally rocks. As does your man being chased by a shark. :D

I write fantasy as well, and I'll try to take a look at anything you post once my crazy fortnight (from now until May 20th) is over. Have fun!

Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

101 Reviews

Thu May 03, 2007 3:14 am
sworddance says...

oooh, a fellow fantasy writer!
aaand I missed the fellow ADD victim last time I was on, well done, well done!
thanks guys :D
I've just been looking around on the site a little, reading some of the story posts; no idea even where to begin if I want to comment on the stuff I've really liked, so I'll just say this: if anyone has anything they'd like critique on, I'd be glad to do it, so let me know! ^.^

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu May 03, 2007 3:28 am
Emerson says...

Bonjour et Bienvenue

If you have any questions or need help, feel free to PM me. I also offer critiques if asked nicely ;-)

Have fun!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu May 03, 2007 4:22 am
JC says...

I am also a fantasy writer. You should join the fantasy fools usergroup, it's really awesome!

I've written one fantasy book, Illusions, it was the first in a series. But I discontinued the series so it's...yeah...I dunno.

Anyways, good luck with your stuff, I would love to read it!!!! PM me when you post some of it and I'll read it!!!! I think I already said that though....
Anyways, you said you have a mainstream one and you don't know where it would go...you would put in it "other fiction" =D

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

101 Reviews

Thu May 03, 2007 5:50 am
sworddance says...

Ah, hey, thanks for the tip. If I ever get around to posting that story I'll put it there. What's the fantasy fools usergroup?
much love, sib, and thanks :D

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu May 03, 2007 12:59 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

In answer to all your nicely-asked questions ( :lol:!):
I write mainly fantasy, Sci/fi and a bit of reality fiction. And I do enjoy a bit of anime fanfic every now and then when I'm tired of battling with Cyri's cities ^^'
Oh, and I write Flash Fics (Trademark PING! j/k :lol: XD) here and there. And I'm generally asked to write more on them >_>U so...yeah. XDI have a good feeling on what, say, JK Rowling feels. :mrgreen:

Just comment on something you feel fairly confidant you can spot problems in and something you like. And something not that long :lol:
ohmeohmy

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy