z

Young Writers Society

and I'm an alcoholic

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:51 pm
ThrowtheZak says...

Hi. My name is Zak, and sometimes people throw me. So I guess that explains my name.

So, a friend introduced me to the site. I like it. But until I get to use another computer I won't be here much, because it's kind of disorienting.

Don't ask.

Anyways, I'd say my writing experience is minimal. I only take time to focus on the good ideas, which are few and far between. But when one sparks, I dedicate to it.

For example, I pulled a bit of a Rowling. Around 2 years ago I started playing with the idea of these four characters. You know them. Their names are War, Famine, Pestilence and Death, the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. The catch? They're trapped in the bodies of four teenagers sharing an apartment. Only within the last 2 months I've really dived into writing it, and since then I've written 4 issues. Well, 3 and 3 quarters.

Issues you say Zak? Well, it's a comic. Sort of. Now I'm thinking a graphic novel is more appropriate. I mean, a graphic novel is always a comic, but a comic can never be a graphic novel.

My influences include (but not exclusive to) Neil Gaiman(Sandman, Neverwhere, Stardust) and Joss Whedon(Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, Firefly, Astonishing X-Men).

I look forward to sharing with you crazies.
If enough of us dream, if a bare thousand of us dream, we can change the world. We can dream it anew!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:57 pm
Jennafina says...

Hey Zak, welcome to YWS! We have the same influences. :D

Your story sounds really cool. I'd love to see some. I'm not sure where you'd post it, though. I love graphic novels and manga. I draw some, but nothing ever happens with them. Congrats about finishing three and three quarters!

What's your friend's username?

If you have any questions about YWS, just PM me and I'll get back to you right away.

See you around. :D

Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:26 am
ThrowtheZak says...

Oh geeze, what was it? TheConstructed I think his UserID is.

I should also mention that I don't draw, and have a friend(someone else. Woo! Two friends) doing that. I have some scripts I'll post.

Thanks for the warm welcome J. Can I call you J? Excellent.
If enough of us dream, if a bare thousand of us dream, we can change the world. We can dream it anew!

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:04 am
JC says...

Wow, your story sounds really cool. Welcome to YWS by the way...hmm...and sorry but I must do this sometime before you disappear because of disorientation....

*throws Zac*

Awesome. =D

Any-who, if you ever need anything, a critique, or if you have a question feel free to PM me and I'll get right to it!!!!

Happy writings!!!!
-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:32 pm
Lilith says...

Dude, your idea sounds awsome. And I love graphic novels. If I could draw, I would totally have tried my hand at one. Oh well.

By the way, I love teh username.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:40 pm
Via says...

Hi Zak!

Welcome to the YWS! I think your story sounds really interesting, is it set in the present or more of a Rowling setting as well?

Anyway, hope you enjoy the site!

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:49 pm
extrastapled says...

You spell your name like my brother does. His is short for Zakariah, though.

I don't know how well something like your idea would work as a story, but it sounds like a pretty sweet graphic novel. Kind of reminds me of Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series, but more teen-y.

Welcome!

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:51 pm
Alainna says...

Hi Zak and welcome to YWS!!!!!

Your graphic novel sounds great! Us lot round here would probably love it!

Anyways, if you need any help or a crit pm me or check out the FAQ's.

See ya around,
Alainna
xxxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:56 pm
Firestarter says...

Gaiman and Whedon, you say? Good stuff. You'll definitely fit in here.

Welcome! Your name rhymes with my name (Jack).
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:26 pm
Thriving Fire says...

I'm only posting on this because you've probably written the most memorable title to any thread I've ever seen. 'And I'm an alchohoic'??? Where did that come from?
Anyway welcome to the, er, 'diorientating' site!
I have an idea about these voices I hear
They're audible to everyone
Everyone but me

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:43 am
wysteria says...

Ehh.

Throwing the Zak isn't as fun as it sounds. HIGHLY overrated.

:D

Welcome.
how many lands behind me? how many seas?

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:25 pm
Fand says...

*eyes Zak*

I think I'm a little small to be throwing you. How about I just throw things at you? Nothing too lethal, promise. *bright smile*

Anyway, welcome to YWS, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm also one of the moderators of the art forum, so if you get the chance to post samples of your graphic novel there (I know I'd love to see 'em!) please do. :)

*throws a pillow at Zak*

...pillow fight?
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:47 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat May 05, 2007 7:17 pm
luna_the_shiekah says...

Now THAT is an original idea. The four horsemen as teenagers, they must hate those hormones.
*Curtsies* Pleasure to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the comic.

Perchance, do you like the artist who did "The Watchmen" & "V for Vendetta"? *Can't remember his name*

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper