z

Young Writers Society

Another newbie to harass

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:45 pm
Megs says...

Hey, my name is Megan, but I have so many nicknames that people end up using more often. I have seen this site for a few months now but didn't join until now because I just turned thirteen on Monday. Now however I realize that I could have faxed the permission thing, but ah well.

I have wanted to be a writer since I was six and heard that there was a job that paid you to make books. Unfortunatly, no one else that I know can stand writing. Apart from writing, I have two younger siblings, but my house is always crowded so there might as well be more. We also have two dogs, Jake and Maddie that are the laziest dogs you will ever meet. I'm trying my hand at writing, though that is not going to well, yet.

Well, hope to talk to some people and make new friends, can't wait to read some of your stuff and maybe post some of my own, if I can gain enough courage. :oops:

-Megs

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:52 pm
Emerson says...

Bonjour Megs!

Happy belated birthday? You are now a teen! hee hee.

This site is a great place, and a lot of people are shy about posting right away when they are young. But so long as you do your best, you'll get responses. It might seem harsh at first, but we're all rough, and it will make you better. My suggestion: if you get a critique, and even if it seems mean, if the advice they give seems right, take it. Younger people sometimes struggle when they're first getting their work ripped apart. Grow a thick skin! It helps :-D

What do you like to write?

If you have any questions about the site, or need help with something, or anything really, you can PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP ;-)

Have fun!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:56 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there Megan! That's my sister's name also, but she spells it M-e-a-g-e-n. Anyways welcome to YWS! I'm gymnast_789, but people call me gymnast for short.

What type of things do you write?

Well, if you need anything feel free to PM me. Hope you enjoy the site! See ya around!

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:00 pm
JC says...

ELLO! Hope to see some of your stuff around soon! Don't be shy about posting your stuff, people here are really nice and helpful, I know since I've joined my writing has improved. Once again, I look forward to seeing you around! If you need anything, questions, or if you want me to read something you post go ahead and PM me, I'll get right to it!!!!

Hehe, Happy writings!!!!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

227 Reviews

Reviews: 227
Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:26 am
Mad says...

Hey Megan, welcome to YWS! I'd love to read some of your stuff and will keep an eye out for it in case you do decide to post something.

What sort of dogs do you have? I used to have two labradors and a german shepherd, but that was a few years ago. But I have four extremely cool cats to keep me company.

Well good luck with your writing, feel free to PM if you'd like a critique, some help or anything at all.
Sing we for joy and idleness,
Naught else is worth the having. -- Ezra Pound

PM if you're in need of a review.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:38 pm
Alainna says...

Hi Megan!!

How's it going? Cool, you have two younger siblings; mine are all older.

Well, welcome to YWS and if you need anything or have any questions check out the FAQ's or pm me!!!

Alainna
xxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:47 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome to the YWS! :hands you cookie:
Go ahead and put some fiction up- you might just be surprised by what people say :) I know I am, whenever I put something up that I wrote in, like, five minutes.
Do you write poetry?
ohmeohmy

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Saphira says...

Welcome to YWS! Don't be afraid of posting your work since i have joined i have realised that the people here are realy nice and only critique to help. Don't worry!

Cya Around! :D
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 pm
View Likes
HeadInTheClouds says...

Welcome to YWS Megs! Happy late birthday as well!

Don't worry about your writing skill now. You'll improve with practice, trust me. When I first joined the site a while back I was pretty awful, but i've gotten a lot of crits on what I can do better, and it's really helped. I know posting some of your first work is scary, and we all know how you feel. But by getting it on here you'll be able to see what you can improve on and work on it. And remember that any constructive criticism you get is meant to help you and is not against you personally. And you can always PM some of your work to me or another member if you don't want to put it up in the forums just yet.

Good luck with your writing!
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:10 am
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS, Megan! Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or would like a critique when you post some writing, and have fun! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:43 pm
Thriving Fire says...

In the words of some thickly accented English cockney: 'Allo 'allo!
Sorry........

Anyway hi [insert favourite/preferred nickname here]. I'm Thriving Fire (well, not really...) and, like any number of welcomers, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you have. Although you probably won't ask me since I'm like the tenth person to welcome you. Ah well.

Welcome to YWS!!!!
I have an idea about these voices I hear
They're audible to everyone
Everyone but me

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:17 pm
Lilith says...

Hey welcome.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:07 pm
Jules the jester says...

Hey. Welcome. everyone is nice here so dont be shy.

If you need any critiques just PM me. :D
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.
— Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian