z

Young Writers Society

amber

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:48 am
DragonWriter says...

Hi, My name is amber. I am a 13-year-old girl who is trying to fight her way into the writting professian. So far I have writen no books, but i am along the way whith a so far 79 page storry, anjd it is still growing. I have about a thousand ideas for future storries, but no one to share them. Keep an eye on what i post because I might start listing all my ideas.

My favorite books are twilight, While my favorite authors are Tamora Peirce, Garth Nix, and the writer of the On The Run serries(?), margret petterson haddix.(in that order). Umm nothing more to say.
Twilight rocks!
New Moon rules!
Eclispe kicks butt!
In coclusion, Steaphine Meyer is a rocking, ruling, and kick butt authour!
That is the TRUTH!

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:11 am
timjim77 says...

Write, don't fight!

Hey Amber. One suggestion, don't share too many of your ideas! It is often helpful to bounce them off a few people you trust, but sometimes it is better to let them incubate and develop AS you write them. Writing is the transfer from idea to reality. Having an idea is the first step, being able to communicate it is where writing comes in.

227 Reviews

Reviews: 227
Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:29 am
Mad says...

Hey Amber, welcome to YWS!

Good luck with writing those stories, and I'll keep and eye out for them.

Which Tamora Piece or Garth Nix books do you like? I thought that the Sabriel series was really good, the keys to the kingdom, is okay as well. I like Tamora pieces, circle of magic (I think thats what it's called) series.

Well keep writing and, once again, good luck writing that story of yours.
Sing we for joy and idleness,
Naught else is worth the having. -- Ezra Pound

PM if you're in need of a review.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:18 am
JC says...

Hey Amber!
(one small note: check for typo's before you hit submit, it tends to make people less irritable...not that I am...just a suggestion)

Anyways! On a lighter note, welcome to YWS!!!!

When you do post something, feel free to PM (message, it took me a while to figure that one out =D) me and I'll check it out for yah! I'm big on that kinda thing. Except for poetry which I can neither write or critique
:(

By the way- Twilight= amazing. Have you read New Moon?

Once again welcome, good luck with your story!

Happy Writings,
-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:17 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Hi and welcome to the YWS! :hands you cookie with "Welcome to the YWS, vote for monkey against Pat! just kidding" on it XD:

I myself really don't like Pierce's work. :dodges glares:

I STILL haven't read Twilight. I'm re-reading Orson Scott Card now. XD Ah well. I'll get to it soon. :nods vaguely:

XD
I hope you like it here! (And, yeah, reducing the typos and using correct grammar ARE good ideas here....not that I'm a nazi or anything, but being able to understand someone's post is preferable to misunderstanding it, aye??)

XD

~Sumi
ohmeohmy

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:02 pm
Alainna says...

Hiya Amber (cool name..),

Welcome to YWS!!! You'll love it here!

If you have any questions or need a critique feel free to pm me!! :D

Alainna
xxxxxxxx

P.S. Check out the FAQ's if you haven't already....they're really helpful!!
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:42 pm
Esmé says...

Heya,

Welcome to YWS, hope you have fun. This is a great place if you want some constructive crits. At least I get them, lol.

Anyway, welcome again. Looking forward to seeing you around here,

Elein

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 pm
niteowl says...

Hi DragonWriter! I'm also a fan of Garth Nix and Tamora Pierce. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:17 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there Amber! Welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy it here!

If you need anything feel free to PM me! See ya around...and good luck with your story!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:52 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Welcome to YWS Amber!

What's your current story about? Do you write any poetry, short stories, etc.? Tamora Pierce was a favourite author of mine too, what's your favourite series of hers?

Just PM me if you have a question or want me to critique some of your work.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

And don't forget it's hydrate or diedrate
— zaminami