Young Writers Society

Horror Fiction

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:51 pm
ChesterMcEnroe says...

Hey everybody! I'm new here!

::Waves to all with a bloody butcher knife in tightly clamped fist::

This looks like a great site, but somethin's been botherin' me about it. There ain't no horror fiction forum? Now what is up with that? Hell, that's just about alls' I rat.

Rat: Verb. To compose literature by using a pen, pencil or keyboard. Synonomous with "write".

Hopefully one of yall kindly folks can help me with this.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:47 pm
Trident says...

Hi Chester, I would suggest the Other Fiction section. We typically don't get too much horror in here. It might be a good idea to label it as such also.

We do get quite a bit of dark fantasy, so that can easily fit into the Fantasy Fiction section.

Welcome to YWS!
Perception is everything.

Random avatar

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:56 pm
ChesterMcEnroe says...

Well shucks! I figgered there'd be tons of horror here! I've been tryin' to find a good site where I can fit in with a bunch of ratters that like a good ole' slash fest just as much as me. Look's like I'm gonna have to keep lookin.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:21 pm
Twit says...

"Slash fest"? "Shucks"? "I figgered"? "yall kindly folks"?

...Man...*measures distance to the exit*...

Well, anyways, welcome to YWS. I s'pose it depends on the type of horror that you write which determines which forum it goes into.

Like Trident said, if it's horror fantasy with blood-sucking, psycotic, axe-waving maniacs who also happen to be vampires, then it can go in the Fantasy section.
If it's psycotic, axe-waving maniacs who also happen to be aliens, then it can go in the Sci-Fi section.
If it's psycotic, axe-waving maniacs who also happen to be otherwise normal human beings, then I suppose it could go in Other Fiction; or Romance, if some weird and visually impaired person falls in love with said psycotic, axe-waving maniac.

Take your pic. :D

-ST
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Random avatar

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:31 pm
ChesterMcEnroe says...

If I didn't know no better, I'd say you wus makin' fun of my fake accent that I started usin' for no reason what-so-ever. It's not real kind to make fun of the way somebody talks.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:39 pm
Twit says...

Me? Make fun? I've had enough fun poked at the way I talk without poking fun at anyone else.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:07 pm
Jiggity says...

Hahaha, Chester hsve no fear, it is as the Twit said. I like writing horror myself, and I've never had a problem placing it. You won't be able to find a better place in terms of helping with your writing.

Cheers.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:12 pm
Via says...

Hi Chester,

There are many genre's of literature in which we do not have forums for--horror included. I believe it has a lot to do with the amount of the writings the genre receives, if the amount is not large enough they are simply grouped into 'other fiction'.

Anyway, welcome to the YWS!

Ciao,
Meg
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:50 am
niteowl says...

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find someone who'll read/review your horror piece. Just not me, because I'm horrible at critiquing stories in general. Anyway, you get a gift, so here it is: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:15 pm
Emerson says...

Ah we just puddle any fiction that isn't already listed into "other fiction" lol. Horror though can also sometimes sit in fantasy just as well, depend what kind of fantasy you are doing, I suppose?

Hope you enjoy the site otherwise. It isn't like we can have sections for all the genres out there, can we? If you have any other questions, you can PM me and I'll do what I can to help :-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:23 pm
Taiven says...

Hey Chester! I'm new as well. I'm not much of a horror writer myself but I'd definitely check out any good ole' slash fest you decide to post. :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:49 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! Don''t worry you wont have any trouble posting your piece...see ya around!!

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold