z

Young Writers Society

{Place sarcastic introduction here}

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:48 pm
Cold And Broken Halleluja says...

Hey, I'm Jessy, but you can call me Halleluja for short or something like that. I live in Florida... land of... strange people... :shock:
You won't catch me saying y'all though, (Did I spell that right?) or anything of the sort since I was born in Minnesota (Go Northerners!) Anyway, poetry is my favorite kind of writing. Edgar Allen Poe is a favorite poet of mine, by the way. But, who doesn't love a good fanfiction once in a while, eh?

Also, I love stargazing... and um, planetgazing. Is that a word? *shrugs* I'm not really sure. I love space and futuristic sci-fi. Well, as long as it has some romance ^^

And... I hope to um, chat and stuff... yep... so, that's about it.

-Halleluja
"Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Help me get that second star! If you need a review, just send me a PM. (Keep it PG, please. Except for violence... I can handle that. ^^ )

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:01 pm
Jennafina says...

Hello! How's Hal for something to call you?

I've never been to Florida but I've seen pictures. It seems really nice and sunny.

How long have you been writing? I love reading poetry, but I just can't seem to write any that's not utter garbage, lol.

For your stargazing, do you use a telescope?

Romantic sci-fi is the best. XD Fanfic is cool too, although I think it has a tendency to get cliché.

Chatting would be fun! There's a YWS chatroom. I hope you like the site. If you've got any questions just PM me. :D

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:03 pm
Cade says...

Cold and broken hallelujah? Do I smell a Leonard Cohen fan?

XD Welcome to YWS! I'm a poet too. Hope to read some of your stuff soon.

Colleen
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

25 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:16 pm

Jennafina wrote:How long have you been writing? I love reading poetry, but I just can't seem to write any that's not utter garbage, lol.

For your stargazing, do you use a telescope?

Romantic sci-fi is the best. XD Fanfic is cool too, although I think it has a tendency to get cliché.

I've been writing for only about a year, but I think I'm getting better. And yes, I do use a telescope. My dad keeps pestering me to clean the lenses and stuff like that :roll: Fanfiction does tend to get very cliché, making one with an original plot is the hard part.
"Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Help me get that second star! If you need a review, just send me a PM. (Keep it PG, please. Except for violence... I can handle that. ^^ )

25 Reviews

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Do I smell like a Leonard Cohen fan? Maybe I need a shower... XD

Honestly, I have never heard of Leonard Cohen. I do know that a lot of people have done their own versions of the song 'Hallelujah'. I heard the one by Rufus Wainwright. The only reason I heard it was because my sister bought the Shrek soundtrack ^^

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:20 am
Shriek says...

The song was originally written by Leonard Cohen. I prefer the Jeff Buckley version, myself.

Welcome to the site!
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:47 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! It's really hard to think of original greetings when it's almost 2 AM and you've been priming the stupid kitchen for 4 hours, so I'll just say HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:47 am
McMourning says...

Welcome Jessy!
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:18 am
Alainna says...

Hi and welcome to YWS!!!

Need anything feel free to pm me! :D

Alainna
xxxxxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:27 pm
Thriving Fire says...

What's up Jessy? Or Halleluja? Or Northener? Or whatever the hell your called!
Anyway...

Welcome to YWS. I'd say you can PM me about anything (and you can!) but you probably already know that. Oh, and that was a great intro by the way, I love sarcastic jokes.

C ya around.
I have an idea about these voices I hear
They're audible to everyone
Everyone but me

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:49 pm
Cassandra says...

Cold And Broken Halleluja wrote:Do I smell like a Leonard Cohen fan? Maybe I need a shower... XD

Honestly, I have never heard of Leonard Cohen. I do know that a lot of people have done their own versions of the song 'Hallelujah'. I heard the one by Rufus Wainwright. The only reason I heard it was because my sister bought the Shrek soundtrack ^^

Haha. That's how I know the song too. ^_^

Welcome to the site! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and have fun! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:55 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! I'm gymnast. Florida, huh? Never been there but you say your from Minnesota...I guess I can relate to where you've come from! I live in Montana! Anyways, I hope you enjoy it here...i'm sure you will. If you need anything feel free to PM me! See ya around!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:54 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

:hands Jessy big neon pink frosted cookie:
Welcome to YWS!
Let's turn the emo-frownie person in your avatar upside down! :saves avatar to comp: :opens photoshop: :expertly flips it around a lot: :hands it back to you, now neon colors with XD faces all over it: XD XD XD XD
:Dashes out laughing: XD
~Sumi Inkheart XD
ohmeohmy

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson