z

Young Writers Society

Just Saying Hello

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:56 pm
scrambled_pages says...

Wow, okay... this site is rather vast isn't it? I signed up 10 minutes ago and am just barely starting to find my way around, it should only take me a few more years to get the hang of it, lol.
I am really excited; this site looks like so much fun!
I haven't done much critiquing of other people's work yet so I hope I don't completely embarass myself,(sigh) oh well.

I'd love to hear from anyone, and am looking forward to reading more of the great writing I've seen so far.

-me!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:04 pm
Emerson says...

Bonjour et Bienvenue!

I know how you feel... When I first came here, I was asking the newbie questions too, "uhhh....where do you post your work?" I had so many, I was sooo very lost.

Lucky for you, I know understand the majority of everything :-D So if you have any questions, need help with something (the site, writing, life, even ;) ) go right ahead and PM me. And I always offer friendly critiques, so if you're in a rough spot and can't get any more comments, I'll offer my read pen. PM me for anything ^_^

I hope you enjoy the site! It's an amazing place. What do you write? What do you read?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:11 pm
Meep says...

Ten minutes?
It took me a few weeks to figure out where everything was. :oops: That being said, I eventually got the hang of it, so feel free to PM me with questions. (Although Claudette has been around longer than I have and probably has a better handle on things than yours truely.)
βœ– I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:18 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome aboard!

I have a geeky knowledge of site layouts...took me a day or two to get used to it...lol. At least when you're logged in there's the "Home" button. :lol:
Who is your favorite author? :prepares to ask The Question: HP or LotRs? ;)

Glad to have you here!
~Sumi Inkheart
ohmeohmy

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:23 pm
Jennafina says...

Hey Scrambled! I like your name. :D

When I first came here I couldn't figure it out either, and I think it was simpler than it is now. XD I'm also available if you've got questions.

Care to answer my survey question? Would you rather there be only one really complicated language that takes years and years to fully master, or have it be as it is now? The advantage of having only one language would be that after you get it down, you could read anything in the world. What do you think?

What's your favorite genre?

See you around, and I hope you like the site as much as I do!

-Jenna
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:37 pm
niteowl says...

Hey Scrambled! I was lost when I came here too (and there were only like 50 members then!) In fact, my first post was along the lines of "I'm lost. Can you help me?" Anyway, enough about me, let's talk about hooking you up with the YWS Goodie Bag! Charlie?

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO SCRAMBLED EGGS!!!!!!!!!! WAIT IT'S SCRAMBLED PAGES? OH SORRY ABOUT THAT. WELL, WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:14 am
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! Let me know if you need any help or a critique, and have fun! :D

--Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:16 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Welcome to the site! Feel free to ask any questions! Oh and one other thing, I love your hedgehog icon! <3

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:41 pm
Alainna says...

HI!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to YWS....you've probably heard all the usual...

You'll soon get used to the site and make loads of friends. :D

See you around!!

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:30 pm
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!! I'm gymnast_789 also known as gymnast for short. I hope you enjoy it here, I'm sure you will. And yeah it takes a while to find your way around here, but I'm sure you'll get the hang on it!! See ya around!!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:31 pm
scrambled_pages says...

Wow!
Thanks sooo... much for saying hi!
My favorite genres are fantasie and historical fiction, though I'll read just about anything. I haven't been writing short fiction for very long, and my novel (fantasie) is a barely finished first draft that would probably just confuse anyone who attempted to read it... even me at this point since I sometimes write late at night thinking I'm getting some brilliant stuff down, only to find myself staring the next day at sentences that don't really make sense.
Anyway, all this to say that I do not have anything post worthy at the moment, but when I do I'll certainly take some of you up on the offers of guidance.
Thanks again!
-Gen
"There is no happiness in love, except at the end of an English novel."
-Anthony Trollope

Maybe I should say something quote-worthy, like, I dunno... "You can only be happy if you decide to be happy?"
— Necromancer14